Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [IN-GAME] Ayla - AylaAI V2
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:51 pm 

this version features huge changes over the previous submisson. you can view a list of whats been changed here

Download

here is the build shes using(build order may be incorrect as it is somewhat random)

Last edited by Veanko on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] Ayla - AylaAI V2
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:13 pm 

she's beautiful :ayla:
follows you with rage really well now that you've increased the aggro range.
impeccable eye aim
can really go ham on the base to finish it and not run away when on low health

question: with which ability does she generally prefer to start a fight?

edit: she doesn't really like to attack turrets though

Frankie3nig has been permabanned by Sony 0

Last edited by Dr. DaMan on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:52 pm 

she doesn't actually have a preference. but she likes to start most fights with Evil Eye then follow it up with Rage. assuming they are close enough.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:39 pm 
Adminaut

Just did some bot-tests with two others (Atrum and Boolerex): and I gotta say this Ayla was actually one of the best AIs I have seen yet :ayla: She managed to outmatch almost everyone in terms of K/D, and set-up so many kills beautifully :party:

If I may make a few criticisms: she is not very good at realising when droids are more relevant than the enemy: sometimes allowing droids to go free (Despite being really close to turret) because an enemy can be seen somewhere nearish. Her general behavior around sawblade droids is also rather sporadic: sometimes going in rage-mode for a tiny amount of time and jumping needlessly.

I also notice that sometimes she stays in rage-mode for a few extra seconds when retreating: even when she could just walk. This is rather important since those few seconds when the rage is maxed out on self-harm could end up being fatal: or how it actually slows her down when she is descending (at one moment she retreated downwards, but didn't un-rage for a moment: she should be a bit faster at this).

I know this last comment sounds a bit absurd: but her Evil Eye aim is maybe a bit too good :drone: it starts coming as slightly unfair because she has incredible aim and seems to never miss, and it might be more enjoyable if we can actually evade this bot's Evil Eye attacks.
My best suggestion would be to allow her a tiny amount of extra difference in the angle: within a small range, based on RNG: thus allowing her to seem a little more human by aiming a tad too high or too low.

Of course, this is my immediate observations: I'll look at some particular scernarios later when I have more time: but for now I think this is pretty good :ayla:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:06 am 

Emo Chapington wrote:
I know this last comment sounds a bit absurd: but her Evil Eye aim is maybe a bit too good it starts coming as slightly unfair because she has incredible aim and seems to never miss, and it might be more enjoyable if we can actually evade this bot's Evil Eye attacks.
My best suggestion would be to allow her a tiny amount of extra difference in the angle: within a small range, based on RNG: thus allowing her to seem a little more human by aiming a tad too high or too low.

This is the case with all bots and is extremely noticable now because of how much better these are than the regular ones. I'm not sure if you should want to make your bot worse. If anything, the only thing I'd remove is the cheats.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:13 am 

Buttobi wrote:
This is the case with all bots and is extremely noticable now because of how much better these are than the regular ones. I'm not sure if you should want to make your bot worse. If anything, the only thing I'd remove is the cheats.

Some sort of "reverse cheat" where bots are less accurate on lower difficulties, would be fitting.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:52 am 

Ten_Tacles wrote:
Buttobi wrote:
Some sort of "reverse cheat" where bots are less accurate on lower difficulties, would be fitting.

Swiggins kind of does this on lower difficulties. His aim isn't worse per se, but he does have up to a 0.3s delay before he casts an ability and up to a 0.2s delay for AA -- in other words his reflexes suffer.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:10 pm 

Emo Chapington wrote:
I know this last comment sounds a bit absurd: but her Evil Eye aim is maybe a bit too good :drone: it starts coming as slightly unfair because she has incredible aim and seems to never miss, and it might be more enjoyable if we can actually evade this bot's Evil Eye attacks.

Of course, this is my immediate observations: I'll look at some particular scernarios later when I have more time: but for now I think this is pretty good :ayla:

this is how bots pretty much work atm. bot sees you. aims. uses ability at that aimed spot.
this allows you to actually dodge the ability if you are moving fast enough, or are able to predict it.
right now, aylabot eye is so accurate it's like it's predicting where you will be based on momentum or whatever, and is able to hit you with a very large chance.
it feels like a human when it comes to predicting where you will be and shooting the eye accordingly.
i'm fine with this. aylabot is strong, probably on par with swigbot, but i don't feel it's high priority right now.

Frankie3nig has been permabanned by Sony 0

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:26 pm 

Dr. DaMan wrote:
i'm fine with this. aylabot is strong, probably on par with swigbot

The awesomeness of Ayla bot (and to an extent Vinnie bot) is what pushes me to improve Swigbot. I'm highly competitive you see :P

Also, go give 3.2 a try ;)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:27 pm 
Adminaut

I know all bots have aimbots, but it is really noticeable on Ayla because she has a extremely-high-power, single-target, medium-speed projectile: something that is a lot harder to hit than most attacks: and getting that hit is a lot more impacting than most abilities :derp:

Still haven't tried out this Swiggins bot everyone says is so good: so I am gonna have to take a look and see which I like more :chew: