Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] Ayla - AylaAI V2
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:00 pm 
Adminaut

Good to hear the improvements :thumb: I'll do more tests of her later this evening after I get through a few others I want to assess.

The lack of use of AA is not a great issue because Rage is kind of an AA replacement, but there is a notable lacking in her ability to know which one to use. The issue is minor, but I felt it needed pointing out regardless.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:59 pm 

Played a couple of matches, so not really intensive testing by any means, but I noticed a couple of issues with Ayla.

-At the most critical times, she acts just like a human, really. Instead of going for heath when low on it, she tends to keep fighting to the death. Like when you panic and miss everything else.
-She also seems to either be overly aggressive, or just doesn't like defending her own turrets. Usually completely ignores them and goes off to do her own thing.

You can see them here: http://youtu.be/Qd7gWZqrzzQ

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:16 am 

the fact that bots take reduced damage is made really obvious when i lose in a rage battle every time (also, do bots get an inherent solar advantaage over players? the bot was always rivaling me in level)
in a game of bots, i went 20/1, and the bot went 10/7, which makes it really obvious that bots in general are too dumb to fight ayla
the autoaim that bots have is made really annoying when ayla can launch a deadly, slowing projectile with ease in most battles

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:34 am 

ant wrote:
the fact that bots take reduced damage is made really obvious when i lose in a rage battle every time (also, do bots get an inherent solar advantaage over players? the bot was always rivaling me in level)
in a game of bots, i went 20/1, and the bot went 10/7, which makes it really obvious that bots in general are too dumb to fight ayla
the autoaim that bots have is made really annoying when ayla can launch a deadly, slowing projectile with ease in most battles

I thought they removed that :huh:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:48 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Congratulations on getting your bot added to the beta for patch 2.6! I'll also send you a PM about the next steps to get the bot into the final patch. Bots that turn out problematic might still be removed, so this is not the final victory yet!

Your Ayla did really well. There are some smaller issues, but no big dramas:

-She did have some cases where she didn't defend as well as she could. I got the chance to keep hitting a turret for quite long together with droids a couple of times, and none of the bots in the match switched lane to defend.

-In one case she got stuck in a loop at the top of Ribbit IV, trying to reach the healthpack behind the turret. I recorded a video of that so please send me an email if you want to see exactly what happens. I am going to try to tweak the path nodes in that spot a bit to see whether I can reduce this problem, but it would be nice if you could test with this yourself as well.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:25 pm 

Updated. changed how she scales with the difficulty levels as mentioned here and she now focuses on pushing a bit more. all my other bots have been updated as well.

Joost wrote:
Congratulations on getting your bot added to the beta for patch 2.6! I'll also send you a PM about the next steps to get the bot into the final patch. Bots that turn out problematic might still be removed, so this is not the final victory yet!

Your Ayla did really well. There are some smaller issues, but no big dramas:

-She did have some cases where she didn't defend as well as she could. I got the chance to keep hitting a turret for quite long together with droids a couple of times, and none of the bots in the match switched lane to defend.

-In one case she got stuck in a loop at the top of Ribbit IV, trying to reach the healthpack behind the turret. I recorded a video of that so please send me an email if you want to see exactly what happens. I am going to try to tweak the path nodes in that spot a bit to see whether I can reduce this problem, but it would be nice if you could test with this yourself as well.

thanks for the feedback joost!

the videos you sent me don't work for some reason. when i try to open them i just get an error saying: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file" am i doing something wrong?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:39 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

The videos were recorded with Fraps, maybe you need to install Fraps to play them?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:49 pm 

Joost wrote:
The videos were recorded with Fraps, maybe you need to install Fraps to play them?

You shouldn't need fraps to play it back, it's more about what codec was used. Check your recording settings, it's likely in there.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:01 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

It was recorded with whatever Fraps has as its default recording codec. :)

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:04 pm 

Joost wrote:
It was recorded with whatever Fraps has as its default recording codec. :)

*looks it up* Oh, that might actually be a codec from fraps...well, uh, could you send me the file and I'll try and convert it for Veanko? (unless he wants to try other video players like VLC)