Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] Ayla - AylaAI V2
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:36 am 

Joost wrote:
Veanko wrote:
... she can now detect nearby stealthed enemy nauts. ...

That sounds like a really unfun idea. How does that work exactly? Unless done very carefully this kind of behaviour in bots will really easily be perceived as cheating by players, especially in bots

I imagine Veanko's using a DoT/CC checker to determine if an enemy has DoT and, if so, considers them visible, similar to how players would be able to recognize invisible players if they had DoT or a status effect like Blind or Stun. I know a couple other bots use this kind of system to recognize invisible targets.

Edit:
And for the nearby part, it looks like it's based on a random to simulate being able to hear stealthed Nauts when they're walking close-by

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:10 pm 

Joost wrote:
That sounds like a really unfun idea. How does that work exactly? Unless done very carefully this kind of behaviour in bots will really easily be perceived as cheating by players, especially in bots

i remember seeing some feedback on swiggins bot where he thought it was amazing that the bot could detect stealthed nauts. so i decided to do something similar with my bots.

it also fixes the infamous "push the bots into your tower while stealthed" exploit and it fixes a bug where two stealthed leon bots would run into each other untill the end of time.

Basically. it works something like this:

if a stealthed naut is within 0.3 ronimeters. the bot rolls every 25 ticks. if they win the roll. the naut gets detected.

if the stealthed naut is still within 0.3 ronimeters after 75 ticks. they get detected.

if the stealthed naut is within 0.1 ronimeters. they are immediately detected. since you're pretty much facehugging them at that point.

if the stealthed naut has CC or DOT. they are detected(most of the time)

once the naut has been detected. they will begin to attack and chase them. if the stealthed naut goes outside 0.6 ronimeters. the bot rolls every 50 ticks. if the bot wins(or loses in this case)the roll. the naut is dropped.

if the detected naut goes outside 0.9 ronimeters or they lose line of sight to them. the naut is dropped.

detected nauts can't be dropped if they have CC or DOT on them.

note that this assumes the bot is on a high difficulty setting. on lower settings their ability to detect stealthed nauts is ether drastically reduced or removed altogether.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:13 pm 

Veanko wrote:
-snip-

Does the AI treat a naut that just entered stealth as already detected for the purpose of losing them via loss of line of 'sight' and distance?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:17 pm 

yes. assuming they are not out of range and in their line of sight. if the bot sees someone enter stealth. they are considered detected.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:21 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Bots cannot be better at this than humans since they can obviously cheat for extra knowledge. With what you describe here there are some very obvious cases where this will look horribly like cheating (which it is). Imagine a Raelynn bot doing a perfectly aimed snipe on a stealthed character that is near but moving unpredictably? The snipe will follow the character perfectly while he is stealthed, this looks horrible. Your Ayla will keep exactly on top of the opponent no matter how he moves.

You really need to decrease this behaviour a lot. We propose that you only detect stealthed characters if either they have a visible status effect, or they are within 0.1 ronimeters. Once targeted a stealthed character is forgotten after 1 second, unless he remains so close or keeps being visible due to status effects.

Note that there is one more 'status effect' that will give Ayla perfect vision on stealthed characters: if Rage is turned on and the enemy is within range of Rage.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:55 pm 

alright. i will tone it down so it doesn't feel as cheaty. do i still have time to update them for the next beta?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:21 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Veanko wrote:
alright. i will tone it down so it doesn't feel as cheaty. do i still have time to update them for the next beta?

Nope, I already downloaded all the bots, hopefully we can still launch beta 2 today. I don't know when the beta 3 will be (or whether there will be a beta 3 before the patch goes live for everyone) since next week the regular Ronimo patch builders are all at Gamescom.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:06 pm 

Joost wrote:
Veanko wrote:

Nope, I already downloaded all the bots, hopefully we can still launch beta 2 today. I don't know when the beta 3 will be (or whether there will be a beta 3 before the patch goes live for everyone) since next week the regular Ronimo patch builders are all at Gamescom.

So, if there is no beta 3 I assume bots will still be updated from beta 2 -> Launch?

Steam
Professional lurker, terrible poster.
A match isn't over until it's over, never give up.
Help me improve Ted McPain bot! His future is ours to decide!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:12 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Gatronix wrote:
So, if there is no beta 3 I assume bots will still be updated from beta 2 -> Launch?

Yes!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:46 pm 

Joost wrote:
Note that there is one more 'status effect' that will give Ayla perfect vision on stealthed characters: if Rage is turned on and the enemy is within range of Rage.

Godfish (which is now Codfather) detects rich stealthed nauts, don't forget that. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next