Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: [IN-GAME] Ayla - AylaAI V2
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:11 am 

The nerfs have really hurt Aylabot, and that's sad because she's one of the best designed bots :cry:

Post Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:26 pm 

hurleybird wrote:
The nerfs have really hurt Aylabot, and that's sad because she's one of the best designed bots :cry:

I would be rather surprised if the changes manage to get in the live version, considering the amount of backlash it has gotten.

(also thanks for the compliment :ayla:)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:34 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

As far as I know these are the final patchnotes for Ayla for 2.9, will AylaAI still have the problem with the Solar Boss described here with these changes? I don't know exactly what her state was in 2.9 beta 1 compared to this.

Quote:
Ayla
-Chain whack now has 20% lifesteal on base
-Chain whack range increased from 2.5 to 2.6
-Hungry Zurian lifesteal reduced from 30% to 20%
-Rage damage increased from 60 to 70 per hit
-Rage now deals 10% of total max health as damage per second to self instead of a flat amount of 64 damage per second to self
-Rage now deals a flat amount of lifesteal instead of a percentage of the damage (20 lifesteal instead of 33.3%)
-Angry drawings self damage now scales with the base lifesteal of rage
-Fiery jawbreakers removed increase in self damage
-Rubberband ball’s effect replaced and will now let Ayla leave a blood trail, which she can pick up after rage has ended, healing her for 20 per stage and increasing her movement speed (3 stages 135 per stage)
-Blue three-wheeler’s effect replaced and will now reduce selfdamage by 1.5% hps per stage (2 stages 155 Solar per stage)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:02 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Boy Skylark wrote:
... And is Ayla bot intended to buy Baby Kuri Mammoth early in the game? She even seems to buy it regardless of the opposing team's make-up, often wasting the slot against teams with no means to CC her.
She also buys Power Pills early as well, which with the new Rage mechanics makes her hurt herself more as well. Not sure if that should be looked into at all. ...

(from this topic: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37275)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:49 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I have just downloaded the updated new version of this bot, so that will go live in patch 2.9.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:48 am 
Ronimo Team Member

It seems like Ayla bot is having trouble with the Ayla gameplay redesign. Ayla bot used to have average win percentage, sitting nicely in the middle, but with the release of 2.9 she is now quite far below the rest, together with Froggy and Penny. Do you guys see possibilities for significant improvements to her?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:39 pm 

I didn't update her for 2.9 so that's most likely why she isn't as good anymore. I plan to overhaul her AI for 2.10 so she works better with the gameplay changes.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:25 pm 

Joost wrote:
It seems like Ayla bot is having trouble with the Ayla gameplay redesign. Ayla bot used to have average win percentage, sitting nicely in the middle, but with the release of 2.9 she is now quite far below the rest, together with Froggy and Penny. Do you guys see possibilities for significant improvements to her?

The character in general is really weak now, or at least that seems to be the consensus opinion. I don't think the problem is necessarily on the bot's end.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:42 am 

Aylabot has been updated, here are the changes:

- Now smarter about when to run away, thanks to hurlybird.

- Will now buy Baby Kuri Mammoth against teams that have knockback.

- Will now buy 3 stages of angry drawings.

- Overall build has been changed, most noticeable is that she will buy boots much earlier, will buy neon jumping rope, and will sometimes buy rubber band ball over fiery jaw breakers(she should make an effort to get the orbs, however i haven't tested this much, i don't know what their internal name is so i just guessed "CreepAbsorb" based on what i saw in the ExampleAIs folder). Overall the items she buys are random and can change depending on the enemy team.

- Now has a random chance to fire Evil Eye except if the enemy is really close or the evil eye will kill them.

- If her health is lower than the enemy, she will have a random chance to use Rage depending on how many targets are near her(if her health is higher she will just use it always).

- Will no longer use Rage on droids or neutral creeps.

- Will no longer attempt to kill the Solar Boss(thanks to the fact rage doesn't heal you anymore she couldn't cheese the solar boss)

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:21 am 
Ronimo Team Member

I have downloaded the latest version (6 days old according to dropbox). This will be in the next beta update.