Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [IN-GAME] Gnaw - GnawAI V2
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:03 pm 

this version features huge changes over the previous submisson. you can view a list of whats been changed here

Download

here is the build hes using:

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] Gnaw - GnawAI V2
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:22 pm 

For some reason it isn't working for me. When I try to play with him he does appear in the scoreboard but not in game.

Odd...

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:50 pm 

are you trying to make all the bots play as him and then playing gnaw yourself? because there is a bug at the moment where if you do that, the game gets really confused.

if not. then i have no idea :shrug:

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:30 pm 

Ok, so I just tried the new Ayla and Gnaw AIs. The new Ayla seems subtly different, perhaps a bit more refined, but it was a bit difficult to put my finger on any changes from previous version -- probably because she's already so freaking good.

Gnaw on the other hand, seems like a totally different beast than he was previously. His weedling placement is very good considering he's a bot, he's great with spit, seems to play intelligently. I didn't give his build order too much attention but it seems like he builds up DOT damage really quickly, which is a good thing. Also, he's a kill stealing *, but that's true for most good Gnaws. Well done. :D

Of course this means I'll need to put more work into Swiggins AI over the weekend.... damnit.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:06 am 

doesn't push/attack for long near a turret. backs out straight away after being hit.
for some reason he can see my in the higher hidey spot at the bottom ribbit, but not the one under it. this seems to be the case with a few bots. can't remember which onesImage

Frankie3nig has been permabanned by Sony 0

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:16 pm 

Gnaw's a good defender, and does very well. He's not the best but he's really fun to play against.

The slows! All the slows =(

Laziest botter on this side of the galaxy!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:57 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Congratulations on getting this bot added to the beta for patch 2.6! :party: I'll also send you a PM about the next steps to get the bot into the final patch. Bots that turn out problematic might still be removed, so this is not the final victory yet!

We don't have any specific comments on this one, what a monster to play against!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:02 pm 

god damn veanko got a lot of bots in :o

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:30 pm 

I decided to test your and Buttobi Gnaw bot's. I played only one game, I may test more later. Your bot place weddling in place that have not much sense (first image). Your bot have trouble going back to base/healing behind turrets (second image). In 1vs1 GnawBot to GnawBot fights usually both Gnaws dies.

That was list things you should fix to make your bot better. I did not listed what your bot is good at just because I did not tested it enough.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:37 am 

Gnaw certainly is a strong bot. I played a game with him and noticed that he seemed to gain solar at an alarming rate

And by the end of the game

Considering that bots are only supposed to reward lower solar on death than real players, I doubt the kills are responsible, but that amount of solar is probably what's contributing to how strong Gnaw feels