Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] Gnaw - GnawAI V2
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:46 pm 

i have noticed that different bots seem to get different amounts of solar. my ayla bot also seems to get crazy amounts of solar but my skree and lonestar bots don't get nearly as much. i have also noticed yuri bots don't seem to get any extra solar at all :S

i haven't changed how much passive solar they get so i don't know what is causing this. maybe ronimo decided that ayla and gnaw bots need more solar?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:49 pm 

I checked out Skree and Gnaw in debugger mode with myself and my Coco. I noticed that both Skree and Gnaw were getting 2 solar per update while Coco and I were getting 1.

In HeroCode, this branch of code exists:
which deals with adding solar to your character over time. I noticed that your Skree, Gnaw, and Ayla (haven't downloaded Lonestar) all have HeroCode and StatusEffects on the root of the character mod. However, HeroCode and StatusEffects already exist in the class file (Shaman, Maw, Vampire, etc). This means that both of these codes are running, and both are giving you 1 solar per second each. I removed HeroCode from the root and confirmed that both Gnaw and Skree began to receive only 1 solar per update.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:57 pm 

nailcliper wrote:
I noticed that your Skree, Gnaw, and Ayla (haven't downloaded Lonestar) all have HeroCode and StatusEffects on the root of the character mod. However, HeroCode and StatusEffects already exist in the class file (Shaman, Maw, Vampire, etc). This means that both of these codes are running, and both are giving you 1 solar per second each. I removed HeroCode from the root and confirmed that both Gnaw and Skree began to receive only 1 solar per update.

Ah, good find. Stock Lonestar bot includes both HeroCode and StatusEffects on it's root, but doesn't include Cowboy, which is likely where the confusion came in (copying Lonestar bot). Never even really thought about it.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:02 am 

Beta Gnaw Playtests on Ribbit:
When attacking a bottom lane 1st turret, Gnaw would sometimes stand too far away from the turret to deal any damage to it.
It would sometimes wait for up to 10 seconds in the centre of top or bottom lane, I suspect it was waiting for the droid wave even if it was a while behind (this happened when testing on easiest difficulty).
Once it had trouble using the moving platforms at the beginning of Ribbit.

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:01 pm 

Gnaw used spit on me. Not sure why, I was Swiggins. No enemies close. And most important - Gnaw was from same team.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:27 am 
Ronimo Team Member

I just went through all the Call to arms (Post all BETA 3 issues here) thread and collected all the AI feedback.

General feedback:
Bots in general are incredibly reckless when attacking the base. Its very rare for them to retreat as it seems they put damaging the base at a higher priority than their own survival it seems.
Some bots seem to ignore the droid spawners on AI 205.

Bot specific feedback:
none :GnawShock:

Post subject: Re: [IN-GAME] Gnaw - GnawAI V2
 Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:39 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

The current Gnaw bot is doing really well, but a bit too well for the lower leagues. Since bots use the same AI skill level in all public leagues I think it would be best if we gave GnawBot a stronger handicap in lower leagues. So far all bots got an equal handicap in lower leagues and it seems like this is the right time to tweak this bot-specific to make bots more equally skilled.

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:40 pm 

Joost wrote:
The current Gnaw bot is doing really well, but a bit too well for the lower leagues. Since bots use the same AI skill level in all public leagues I think it would be best if we gave GnawBot a stronger handicap in lower leagues. So far all bots got an equal handicap in lower leagues and it seems like this is the right time to tweak this bot-specific to make bots more equally skilled.

Do bot cheats affect the rate at which DoT is applied. If not, that's probably why Gnaw is so strong in the lower leagues.

Veanko wrote:
Ignotis the hedgehog confirmed

STEAM

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:43 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Bot cheats are all about cooldowns right now, I think, since that is entirely generic. But Gnaw will not some further tweaks just for him, I have asked Fabian to look into what he thinks is an appropriate nerf to low-league GnawBot. Changing actual damage or DoT might be a bad idea as it does not learn players to understand how much damage Gnaw's skills do, but I don't know what other options there are.

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:56 pm 

Joost wrote:
Bot cheats are all about cooldowns right now, I think, since that is entirely generic.

The exception are abilities that do not work with cooldown reduction (such as Skolldir's AA), which tend to get a proportional damage increase instead.