Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [IN-GAME] Leon - Improved Leon AI
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:22 pm 

my improved version of leon bot. he should be slightly more of a threat now.

he will now use tongue to pull you away from your towers, into his towers or into his allies. he uses stealth more effectively and will use it to gank now.

he is also surprisingly good at doing the "pop out of stealth and tongue" combo.

Download

here is the build im using for him at the moment:

Last edited by Veanko on Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] Leon - Improved Leon AI
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:26 am 

rip clovor leon
all hail lifesteal leon :worship:

regen after health tongue. currently, lifeblade on leon is too strong. he doesn't need to build into regen or even health tongue for that matter to be effective. they do make it easier for him
should get health earlier. prob after boots. squishy in the beginning. that aa in the beginning won't do much for him. will get bursted down pretty easily. he can build into aa speed after he gets pills.
get regen after health tongue. stealth isn't needed that early. as long as leon has tonue, max aa, health and boots, he can pretty much 1v3. everything purchased after that is pretty much used to make his 1v3 life a bit easier. e.g. damage + life on tongue , cloak, regen
Veanko wrote:
-Removed special ganking logic

^^what did this do?
also, does he know the tongue into party mask combo :leoneyes:

he doesn't really like pushing turrets as well
also had him afk stealthed on the middle platform on ribbit

Frankie3nig has been permabanned by Sony 0

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:23 pm 

thanks for the feedback on his build. i will change it around a bit.

i decided to make him buy stealth early because otherwise he would start out with something like tongue+pills or tongue+regen.

the build order(at least for my bots) isn't actually a build order but more of a priority list. he will try to buy the first things on the build order but if he can't. he will go down on the build order until he gets to something he can buy. so basically. even if regen is the last thing in the build order. he will still buy it early because it was the only thing he could buy at that time. swiggins bot and maybe a few others also do this.

i could go for a strict build order. but IMO that would make him very boring and predictable. the way it is currently makes his build a bit random while not being completely ridiculous like the stock bots.

Dr. DaMan wrote:
Veanko wrote:
-Removed special ganking logic

^^what did this do?

it basically made him try to gank people while in stealth. however it caused a few bugs such as him trying to "gank" someone who was behind their tower.

with the recent update. i added something similar to the generalAI. so this special logic was pretty much made redundant anyway.

Dr. DaMan wrote:
he doesn't really like pushing turrets as well

for some reason melee bots have alot of trouble pushing. he used to facetank towers. but i implemented a "fix" that made him back off if he got too close. but this had the side effect of making him hate pushing.

i will probably implement Hurleybird's facetank fix. that should solve it.

Dr. DaMan wrote:

do you mind posting a replay of this happening? its hard to really know what would cause this without actually seeing it.

Dr. DaMan wrote:
also, does he know the tongue into party mask combo :leoneyes:

i didn't know about that. so i guess he doesn't :leoneyes:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:13 pm 

Veanko wrote:
thanks for the feedback on his build. i will change it around a bit.

i decided to make him buy stealth early because otherwise he would start out with something like tongue+pills or tongue+regen.

the build order(at least for my bots) isn't actually a build order but more of a priority list. he will try to buy the first things on the build order but if he can't. he will go down on the build order until he gets to something he can buy. so basically. even if regen is the last thing in the build order. he will still buy it early because it was the only thing he could buy at that time. swiggins bot and maybe a few others also do this.

i could go for a strict build order. but IMO that would make him very boring and predictable. the way it is currently makes his build a bit random while not being completely ridiculous like the stock bots.

:thumb: it's cool. as long as he tries to prioritize tongue, aa damage, boots, pills, aa speed. it doesn't matter what he gets after that
Veanko wrote:
Dr. DaMan wrote:

do you mind posting a replay of this happening? its hard to really know what would cause this without actually seeing it.

i had a lot of custom settings on, haha. hope it wasn't because of them
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hh2je3h0g8n7gss/AABIwq3_b-P_GEfX0axviuI0a
start around 9:45

Frankie3nig has been permabanned by Sony 0

Last edited by Dr. DaMan on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:37 pm 

When lifesteal gets eventually nerfed, i suggest switching it to slow and then getting 1 stage of it early game then second stage around the end of midgame or something.
Getting those extra hits in is pretty nice and early teamfight contribution is better.
Just my suggestion.

or just go clover.

but for now its good.

Member of the L9Scrubs team/group
Thing
Number of Hitler toasters: 10

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:52 pm 

updated. implemented hurlybirds facetank fix so he should push now. hopefully he doesn't go AFK in stealth anymore and i have changed his build because lifesteal is OP and is probably going to get nerfed.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:53 pm 

Just because of the face tank issue being fixed, I'd say this bot is game worthy, however, I didn't notice much else different from the standard leon.

Laziest botter on this side of the galaxy!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:58 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Congratulations on getting this bot added to the beta for patch 2.6! :party: I'll also send you a PM about the next steps to get the bot into the final patch. Bots that turn out problematic might still be removed, so this is not the final victory yet!

We don't have any specific comments on this bot. He is quite strong, nice! :)

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:33 am 
Ronimo Team Member

I just went through all the Call to arms (Post all BETA 3 issues here) thread and collected all the AI feedback.

General feedback:
Bots in general are incredibly reckless when attacking the base. Its very rare for them to retreat as it seems they put damaging the base at a higher priority than their own survival it seems.
Some bots seem to ignore the droid spawners on AI 205.

Bot specific feedback:
none :leoneyes:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:12 pm 

Leon instead of defending base was walking backward and forward not doing anything usefull.

Also, not directly related to Leon bot, but to your General AI - there are 3 blocks not connected to anything. I know screen isn't from your General AI, but same blocks are in your.