Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [IN-GAME] Swiggins AI v4.3
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:45 pm 

Link to download is https://www.dropbox.com/s/t27z96hml8d4mjw/HurleyBestSwigs%20v4.3.zip?dl=0

Original discussion thread is here.

Version 4 is up. This version is mostly the same, but transitions to a full implementation of VeankoAI that replaces my home-grown GeneralAI. Of course, this is modified with Hurley goodness. V4 is a big improvement over v3, and a long overdue update.

v4.3 - Fixed an issue were Swiggins tried to access an upgrade that didn't exist, or at least no longer exists.
v4.2 - Replaced Veanko's stealth detection with a tweaked version of my own. Swiggins is now a lot better at detecting 'nauts that are tethered
v4.1 - Smoothing out a few of the rough edges from the switch to Veanko AI, general tweaks mostly to surviveability, fell back to a few old Swiggins functions that worked better than Veanko functions.
v4.0 - Much improved GeneralAI, better build order, less suicidal, chases harder. Better AA code that knows when to hold down the fire button instead of tapping it to eke out a bit more attack speed. Many small tweaks.
v3.1 - Changed detecting close stealthed enemies to be more fair.
v3.2 - Lots of general bug fixing and polish in preparation for Joost's soft deadline. A few more situations Swiggins will try to retreat from.
v3.3 - General polish. Doesn't try to jump or juke when killing Gnaw weedlings with anchor.
v3.4 - General polish. Fixed a rare issue that could crop up around the enemy base.
v3.4a - Swiggins can detect stealthed enemies who are suffering DoT.
v3.4b - Updated AI skill values as per Joost's instructions, Swiggins will now not leave the regen area with less than 75% health.
v3.4c - Removed redundant StatusEffects and HeroCode calls, thanks nailcliper.
v3.4d - Swiggins will now cooperate better with bots using Veanko's SuperAI.
v3.5 - Massive improvement against Raelynn. Swiggins will attempt to dodge snipe, is far better at interrupting snipe, and will try to get out of range from snipes that can kill him. Updated Swiggins' pushing code. Swiggins should now float before attempting a midair anchor hook, boosting its hit rate significantly.
v3.5a - Will not try to activate the creep spawner on AI station multiple times.
v3.6 - Tweaked Rae handling, added some very basic Clunk and Froggy handling (will now try to stun Froggy out of 'nado), less aggressive around enemy turrets, and Swiggins can now make use of the stealth orb.
v3.6a - Fix for potential rounding errors.
v3.6b - Improved chasing under certain fringe circumstances.
v3.6c - Minor tweaks for the next beta release. Won't attack with ink shot against an RBAYing Froggy.
v3.7 - Reduced difficulty at lower skill levels. Will not drop into the fire area while it is active while at low health. Will attempt to quickly jump off the worm button when a friend is in the worm area, although it's still not perfectly safe.
v3.7a - Updated for 2.6 beta 3, conforms with Joost's guidelines for the lowest two difficulties. Takes magnetic anchor instead of milk as milk is going away :(
v3.8 - Fixed many issues with patch 2.6
v3.8a - Swiggins switches back to Anchor Swing when attacking the enemy base (more deeps), and will no longer float in the fire area when it is active.
v3.9 - Toned down stealth detection, hugely improved explode avoidance, replaced periscope with treasure lottery map, can now jump over gaps (like Aiguillion mid), will no longer float when targeting neutral creeps, various minor tweaks.
v3.9a - Fixed some rare movement/stuck issues.
v3.9b - Resolved issues due to nauts having 10x more health in 2.7.
v3.10 - Swiggins now has a total of 12 build variations, specifically he will now sometimes buy Poolboy, Milk, and Periscope. In some situations he will walk over top anchor to reset his CD on retrieval. Fixed a rare stuck bug.
v3.10a - As Swiggins bot makes good use of Poolboy, the chances of him buying it have been increased.
v3.10b - Swiggins picks up drop pod solar after each death, but never more than he lost in the act of dying.
v3.11 - Tweaked build order and drop achor hook logic to take 2.8 changes into account, it is less easy to bait Swiggins into anchor hooking the enemy turret, Swiggins will now change back to anchor swing for the purpose killing creeps.

Last edited by hurleybird on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 55 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] Swiggins AI v3
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:14 pm 

Hurley! I have a complaint!

Swiggins does not care whether I'm stealthed or not.

He uses all his abilities on me ^_^ It suuuuuuuuuucks!
Too OP :D

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:47 am 

FlawlessHair wrote:

If AI skill is high enough Swiggins has a 1-in-5 chance per tick of detecting stealthed enemies at a distance of 1.1 Gnaw lengths (0.11 Ronimeters). Stealth isn't a complete hard counter against humans (you can literally push other bots around while stealthed and they don't care), and I wanted to emulate the ability of a human to intuit when a stealthed enemy is nearby, specifically when that stealthed enemy is standing too close for too long.

I want to keep the mechanic, but if it's too much I can tone it done some.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:58 am 

hurleybird wrote:
FlawlessHair wrote:

If AI skill is high enough Swiggins has a 1-in-5 chance per tick of detecting stealthed enemies at a distance of 1.1 Gnaw lengths (0.11 Ronimeters). Stealth isn't a complete hard counter against humans (you can literally push other bots around while stealthed and they don't care), and I wanted to emulate the ability of a human to intuit when a stealthed enemy is nearby, specifically when that stealthed enemy is standing too close for too long.

I want to keep the mechanic, but if it's too much I can tone it done some.

It's like... You accidently walk in front of Swiggins, BAM, you're dead.
I didn't even touch him.

Most players need some "realization time" before they react to it.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:42 am 

Ok, there was actually a bug that made him detect you far sooner than he should have. It's been fixed, a few values have been tweaked, and the mechanic feels a lot better. Also, Swiggins will now always (at least at higher difficulty levels) detect you if you are face hugging him, if you are slowed, or if you blinded (unfortunately he cannot look for dot).

Thanks a ton for helping me solve this issue.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:48 am 

hurleybird wrote:
(unfortunately he cannot look for dot).

I have an idea to fix this.

EDIT: Done. http://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=32774

Bots I've made:

[In-Game] Derpl viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35642 :drool:

http://imgur.com/5P0Ais3

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:29 am 

Hmmm, this is cool but I can't really use it. The issue is that the toolkit relies on having a target and then checks his health over time. I don't actually want to target a stealthed enemy naut unless he has dot, not even for a few ticks, otherwise Swiggins will follow and attack him in the time it takes to determine if he has dot on him or not.

It's still really cool and I can see uses (also thanks for thinking of me), but I don't think detecting stealthed nauts who have dot on them is one. I'll probably end up waiting for Joost to add a dot status effect (and if you're reading this Joost, please also add an isAnchored status effect!)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:46 pm 

3.2 is up. Little changes, but a lot of them. He's now a 371KB monster (Swiggins' tailored GeneralAI weights in at 755KB). If there are no major issues I think I'll stop here as Joost's deadline for bot submission is getting near.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:03 pm 

Behaves very smoothly, best bot around!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:26 pm 

Bot is fun to play against. Movement is really good.
Seems a bit too strong at the moment tho.