Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [IN-GAME] Ted McPain - Bot McPain V3.4.3: Therapy
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:40 pm 

I figured it was time for a new thread as I've made a substantial update to Bot McPain with the help of hurleybird!

Latest Version (V3.4.3) Download!

Current Version in the live game: V3.4.2

Changelog

V2.0
- New ability code! Ted checks without a limit on the y axis when aiming at enemies with airstrike if he has Adlez Phone Number.

- New switching code with the help of hurleybird! He now switches based on ammo and the range an enemy is at (this still needs some testing as I can't test every circumstance, help on this is very much appreciated!)

- He now advances and retreats while holding machine gun instead of shotgun for that added speed!

- Improved interaction with other nauts! Right now he will retreat if there are 2 enemies and he doesn't have an ally with him and if there is a skree wall blocking his path he will kill it. I'll be adding to this over time with other things.

- A lot of bugfixes that I don't even remember!

V2.1

- Updated with a small fix!

V2.2.2

- Updated with an overhaul to the shoot code to make it much more efficient and bug fixes with the help of hurleybird.

- Added Veanko's improved GeneralAI!

V2.3.3

- Made Tedbot dumber on lower difficulties, he will use stimpack at lower hp levels, aim airstrike badly, not use airstrike 'hax' to it's full effect and not attempt to dodge projectiles (I would've made him not switch to machinegun to advance on the lowest difficulty, but he seems to not do it regardless of difficulty if I do that, so that is not included).

- Updated Veanko's GeneralAI (now SuperAI)

- Attempted to make Ted bot buy airstrike stun if there is a Froggy G or Raelynn present and make him buy Shotgun Knockback if there is an Ayla present (on the enemy team, not sure if this works).

- Implemented hurleybird's pushfix (I'm not sure if I implemented it correctly as I varied it for his different stances, hurley if you could check this that would be great!

- Hopefully made him facetank less by fixing a bug with stimpack code (This is an issue in the beta and I'm not sure why, so info on when he facetanks and why is very much appreciated).

- (V2.3.1) Fixed that Piggy Bank wasn't bought in V2.3.

- (V2.3.2) Edited the name in my SuperAI Files so that it doesn't cause any clashes.

- (V2.3.3) Actually called the edited files in GeneralAI now.

V2.4

- Ted should now drop out of the hazard area in AI 205 when it is enabled.

- Ted will attempt to fire airstrike at a tornadoing Froggy if he has stun.

- Ted will attempt to fire airstrike at a close sniping Raelynn if he has stun.

- Facetanking should be reduced some more due to a bug in a couple of function files.

- Adapted Ted slightly to the changes made in Patch 2.6 beta 2.

- Added TheMesp's DoT Checker (haven't used it specifically yet, it's just there).

V3.0.2

- Numerous changes have been made to make him worse on lower difficulties. These are:

- He loses 1 solar every 4 seconds on difficulties 2, 1 and 0.
- He loses an extra 15 solar when he dies and at the start of the game on difficulties 2, 1 and 0.
- He loses 85 solar at the start of the game on difficulty 0
- He loses 35 solar at the start of the game on difficulty 1
- He loses 15 solar at the start of the game on difficulty 2
- He only pushes after 5 minutes on difficulty 0 and has a 1/50 chance per tick to do so
- He only pushes after 3 minutes on difficulty 1 and has a 1/20 chance per tick to do so
- He only pushes after 1 minute on difficulty 2 and has a 1/8 chance per tick to do so.
- On difficulty 0 he waits 5 minutes to buy items
- On difficulty 1 he waits 2 and 1/2 minutes to buy items.
- On difficulty 0 he waits 5 minutes to use skills.
- On difficulty 1 he waits 3 minutes to use skills.
- On difficulty 2 he waits 1 minute to use skills.
- He only buys 1 utility item on difficulty 0.
- He only buys 1 tier of 2 items per skill row on difficulty 0.
- He buys 2 utility items on difficulty 1 (and only 1 tier).
- He buys 2 tiers of 2 items per skill row on difficulty 1.
- He buys 2 tiers of all utility items on difficulty 2.
- He buys all tiers of all skill and AA upgrades on difficulty 2
- He buys all tiers of all utility items on difficulty 3.
- He adapts his build based on the enemy team at difficulty 3.
- He won't fight based on the enemy composition until difficulty 3 (things like airstriking a tornadoing froggy, or targeting a swiggins anchor).

- He will now target Swiggins' anchor and try to kill it.

- He will now jump over a Skree wall that isn't upgraded with height and kill a wall that is upgraded with height.

(V3.0.1) - Fixed that he wouldn't push due to checking for a push boolean to be enabled before it logically could be enabled

(V3.0.1) - Fixed that differing booleans were used for checking whether Ted could buy items.

(V3.0.2) - Hopefully fixed Ted not adjusting his build according to the enemy team.

(V3.0.2) - Ted loses solar when he goes to buy his first upgrade rather than at the start of the game (though he still loses 15 solar on first spawn and after every death)

(V3.0.2) - Ted reacts slightly slower when shooting (it takes him longer to aim and shoot) on lower difficulties (he acts as he did previously on difficulty 3, that hasn't been changed).

V3.1.1

- Adapted current code to make Ted react slower when firing airstrike.

- Adapted current code to make Ted react slightly slower when shooting on lower difficulties.

- Fixed that Ted would only try to dodge projectiles on difficulty 2, and not on difficulty 2 and above.

- Made it so Ted will switch to machine gun whilst in state 6.

(V3.1.1) - Fixed that a boolean that didn't exist was trying to be called in the wait to use skills code.

(V3.1.1) - Made it so on first upgrade purchase Ted pays 100 solar extra instead of 85 solar extra on difficulty 0.

(V3.1.1) - Made it so on first upgrade purchase Ted pays 50 solar extra instead of 35 solar extra on difficulty 0.

V3.2.3

- Removed draining solar, restrictions on buying non-utility items, delay on pushing and using skills and losing extra solar on death/at the start of the game!

(V3.2.1) - Added a slight delay to shooting shotgun on lower difficulties.

(V3.2.1) - Added a delay to aiming on lower difficulties.

(V3.2.2) - Removed leftover code in a FN file that would make Ted randomly not detect enemies that were too close on lower difficulties (this could lead to facetanking as that's what caused it previously)

(V3.2.3) - Fixed that he wouldn't buy grenades at all.

- Unless some big bugs crop up, this will probably be the last Ted bot update for a while now!

V3.3.3

- Big bugs cropped up!

- Fixed skills not working

- Fixed pushing not working

- Fixed some bad aiming (WIP)

- Updated Veanko's GeneralAI

- Temporary fix for facetanking in states 6 and 4 (if you see facetanking again, please report the specific circumstance it was in!)

(V3.3.1) - Proper fix for facetanking in state 6! He won't waste his life killing himself anymore!

(V3.3.1) - Updated a few FN files to avoid bugs

(V3.3.1) - Veanko helped a ton with this update!

(V3.3.2) - Ted will now try to retreat when below 35% hp (he will forget about his target and get out).

(V3.3.2) - Minor improvements to facetanking and other such bugs.

(V3.3.2) - Re-implemented skill delays.

(V3.3.2) - He should now switch away from shotgun after spawning.

(V3.3.3) - Fixed that Ted was a pacifist below Difficulty 3 and would not attack people even though he wanted to.

V3.4.3

- Bot McPain has visited his local therapist and now will try to be less suicidal.

- He will actually retreat below 35% hp now.

- In States 1 and 5 (RetreatHP and getNeutrals respectively) Ted will fire airstrike at his feet if he has the healthpack upgrade to get some health. He will not do this is enemy 'Nauts are nearby.

- Ted will not attack people in states 1 and 10 (retreatHP and returnToUpgrade respectively).

- Fixed a bug that caused Ted to shrink the search area for firing machine gun when buying Can 'O Juice instead of expanding it.

(V3.4.1) - In state 4 (chaseBattle) Ted will now retreat if his hp is below 25% instead of 35%

(V3.4.1) - Fixed that the file 'VeankoFocusEnemy' was never called on difficulty 3.

(V3.4.1) - Removed blocks that would make Ted shoot shotgun slower on lower difficulties.

(V3.4.1) - Made it so Ted will not remove his target any more in state 10 (returnToUpgrade). This change is experimental and I want to see how it pans out in beta. If I don't see too many issues with this change, then I'll leave it in.

(V3.4.2) - Updated some values to take into account the new numbers.

(V3.4.3) - Removed references to CreepRoshan

(V3.4.3) - Renamed the finding healthpacks code.

NOTE: V3.0 onwards have been pretty substantial updates that may have some bugs, so I would be extremely grateful if a lot of people could test the current version and help find some bugs so Ted bot can be made even better! (or worse, if some difficulty settings aren't working :P )

Please report any bugs or oddities you may find with the bot so I can work on improving them! :ayla:

Credits:
Hurleybird for helping with switching code and many various other things.
Veanko for the improved general AI & helping fix facetanking.
TheMesp for his DoT Checker.

Steam
Professional lurker, terrible poster.
A match isn't over until it's over, never give up.
Help me improve Ted McPain bot! His future is ours to decide!

Last edited by Gatronix on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 76 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] Ted McPain - Bot McPain V2: A kind of deja
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:00 pm 

Seems about on par with stock Leon bot, but a bit buggy. Sometimes shoots shotgun in the wrong direction. I notice a part of my weapon switching logic for switching back to machine gun when out of shotgun range has been broken. Shotgun range is 0.5, machine gun range is 0.72, and machine gun range with Juice is 0.96. These values have been changes to 0.4, 0.22, and 0.46 (the last two with a 0.4 x and y offset for some reason). He'll behave better if these are changed back.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:13 pm 

I made the offsets to make him not check in the shotgun range while using machinegun, it looked alright in my own testing but I'll change it back for safe measures.

Steam

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:17 pm 

Gatronix wrote:
I made the offsets to make him not check in the shotgun range while using machinegun, it looked alright in my own testing but I'll change it back for safe measures.

I understand the X offsets, even though they still fall short a bit from the original ranges, but the Y offsets don't make sense to me.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:19 pm 

hurleybird wrote:
Gatronix wrote:

I understand the X offsets, even though they still fall short a bit from the original ranges, but the Y offsets don't make sense to me.

I was trying to use the X/Y offsets together to make a box, but now I realise how flawed it is and question what I was thinking when doing that. :drone:

Steam

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] Ted McPain - Bot McPain V2.1: Need testing!
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:35 am 

Bumping as I really need some more testing, there's probably a bunch of stupid mistakes that I've made but I don't know this unless people test the AI and point them out to me! It'd be really helpful if more people could give me some feedback and would lead to a bug-free bot! :ayla:

Steam

Post Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:46 pm 

Alright, I tested it so here are my thoughts. Ted is mostly working fine but there are 2 issues I encountered. He doesn't use MG that often. Like, barely at all.

I also recommend changing his build since he doesn't make use of tedris that much.

us power rangers have to help each other out!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:40 am 

Buttobi wrote:
Alright, I tested it so here are my thoughts. Ted is mostly working fine but there are 2 issues I encountered. He doesn't use MG that often. Like, barely at all.

I also recommend changing his build since he doesn't make use of tedris that much.

us power rangers have to help each other out!

Did you download the newer version from the OP? I made him use Grenades instead of Tedris and machine gun should work better in that build too! :thumb:

GOGO ZURIAN RANGERS

EDIT: Updated link should be there now, for whatever reason I hadn't put up the improved file. :facepalm:

Steam

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] Ted McPain - Bot McPain V2.2: Need testing!
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:47 pm 

Updated to V2.2 with a much needed overhaul to Ted's shooting code and some bug fixes thanks to hurleybird!

Steam

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] Ted McPain - Bot McPain V2.2: Need testing!
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:12 pm 

Massive improvement. He's not buggy anymore, and uses both shotgun and machine gun a lot better. Very easy to endorse this bot for submission in his current state.

I still think that you (and anyone else who doesn't have a specially tailored GeneralAI replacement) should get in touch with Veanko about using his replacement though.