Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [MINIGAME] Droidattack
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:54 pm 

  
 DROIDATTACK

A solar crab got stuck inside the release chamber of the droid deployment system! Our engineers are doing all they can to get it up and running as soon as possible. In the mean time we need YOU to defend our drill from the blue team. They are not going to miss this opportunity and with their upgraded droid manufacturing station we are at a serious disadvantage! If you keep the drill alive for 10 minutes we will be able to launch a counter-attack with our newly installed teleportation upgrade.

Droidattack is a defense-style PvE minigame in which you have to defend the red drill for 10 minutes from waves of droids. Watch out, some of them have special abilities! :shady:

Video
Gameplay of version 0.1.0 (potato quality, I messed up the recording :leoneyes: )

Download
Version 0.1.0

Installation (host only)
1. Back up the contents of your BehavioursCustom folder and make sure it is empty
2. Copy all contents from the zip file into your BehavioursCustom folder
2. Start up Awesomenauts and set up a custom game with these settings:
  • Droid respawn rate: 0x
  • Shop available anywhere
  • Load modded A.I.s for bots
  • Set bot difficulty (this also affects droids in this minigame), I recommend 60% for most players
3. Set map to AI Station 205
4. Invite up to 2 friends to join Team 1
5. Play!

Rules
1. Don't play as Ayla
2. Don't buy solar items (they are pretty useless)
3. Have fun!

Disclaimer
This minigame is still in development and tweaking and balancing will be necessary. If you find things to be too hard or too easy please leave a comment. Please report any bugs you might find.

Special Thanks
Special thanks to all these people for helping and testing! (in alphabetical order)
  • G-Dov
  • Kalazor
  • Knorr
  • Pirate-Rob
  • r0estir0bbe
  • Tanzklaue
  • Toblerone

:drone: Droidattack Mod/Minigame :drone:

Post subject: Re: [MINIGAME] Droidattack
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:55 pm 

Gave it a few runs just now solo with bot allies and enemies.

First try with Combo Penny: Got horribly wrecked and died by 5 minute mark. Learned that they pop-up defenses are HARMFUL and not on my team.

Second try with Shotty Teddy: Even knowing about the pop up damage defenses, they still did more to wipe out my team more than anything else. Ouch. Lasted to 5:31

Third try with Damage Volt: Another loss. Didn't have the power to stop the damage aura bot thingy with the build I used. Might have worked better if I had picked detonation droid damage.

And that's all I had time for.

EDIT: I lied. Made a little extra time for money-tongue Leon. Got up to 6:34 before losing. I'm beginning to notice that my bots tend to get confused by the indestructable items and run right at them attacking them forever.

Last edited by Retl on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:02 pm 

It's pretty difficult if you play alone, try to get some friends to play with you (bots do not handle these waves too well). A hint for a more successful run: do not use a build that you would use in an online match, AA and blind are your friends here.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:49 am 

And playing a few more with all bots.
Genji: Fail at 6m.
Ravishing Snipe Rae: My best run, made it to 9:43. Lost when the bots made it to base, and dropped the totem right in front of a TON of flyingbots. Pericing attack took them out but stopped my snipes and prevented me from bursting down the big droid.
Ravishing TimeRave Rae: Died to the painbots at 7:05. Droids wiped out everything.
Timerave Rae Part 2: Loss at 7:33 with no deaths and my Lonestar bot got a bunch of KOs.
Smoke Vinnie: Lost at 5m.
Lonestar: Everything was going great to 7:50, then suddenly EVERYONE ON MY TEAM DIED. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I'm just going to assume painbots.
Yuri: Died early to enemy lone at 1:50. Died to lone a second time at 8:15 and lost.
Skree: Died at 6:40 to enemy Rae. Lost at 8:08.

Done for now.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:30 am 

I like it. Super fun mini game. I got to 10:28 with Rae and beat it with Genji. Works like a charm.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:36 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I had a look at the video but I couldn't quite gather what this mod does exactly. Are the droids getting stronger over time, or the bots? Based on the description I was expecting increasingly huge numbers of droids being spawned, but it seems like you are doing something else. :huh:

Post Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:24 am 

Joost wrote:
I had a look at the video but I couldn't quite gather what this mod does exactly. Are the droids getting stronger over time, or the bots? Based on the description I was expecting increasingly huge numbers of droids being spawned, but it seems like you are doing something else. :huh:

from what i can tell(i kinda skipped through most of it), no droids for your own team. the enemy can spawn flyers more frequently. and you win automatically in 10 mins. don't know anything about some the droids having "special abilities" though

Frankie3nig has been permabanned by Sony 0

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:25 am 

Joost wrote:

Only the enemy/blue team gets droids (so it's more about defending than attacking) and droids get health faster than usual (also increasing above the normal health limit). Special droids can spawn certain things when attacked (heal bots, flyer droids, totems) to increase the difficulty. Sadly that's the extend of possible special droids as the spawnCharacter command can only spawn characters and not bullets. Higher number of droids also didn't work too well, the game became really laggy really fast (even though I have a very good connection) :fist: