Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: [IN-GAME] Penny Fox AI - Foxless
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 1605
Location: Dænmårk
ant wrote:
i've seen penny randomly decide to just jump up and down in aig near her turrets for long periods of time, being completely unaware that we're pushing the turret she's near


Yes, I've seen that too ^^


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [IN-GAME] Penny Fox AI - Foxless
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:15 pm
Posts: 1160
Location: 3 miles under in a text file
FlawlessHair wrote:
ant wrote:
i've seen penny randomly decide to just jump up and down in aig near her turrets for long periods of time, being completely unaware that we're pushing the turret she's near


Yes, I've seen that too ^^

I've seen that behavior with my bots as well. I think it might be because RetreatingFromNauts is true sometimes when the state is 11, even if a bot is not technically retreating. I would need to check the debugger to be sure.

_________________
"If it works well the first time, something is really, really wrong."

Veanko wrote:
Ignotis the hedgehog confirmed


STEAM


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [IN-GAME] Penny Fox AI - Foxless
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 1605
Location: Dænmårk
Ignotis wrote:
FlawlessHair wrote:
ant wrote:
i've seen penny randomly decide to just jump up and down in aig near her turrets for long periods of time, being completely unaware that we're pushing the turret she's near


Yes, I've seen that too ^^

I've seen that behavior with my bots as well. I think it might be because RetreatingFromNauts is true sometimes when the state is 11, even if a bot is not technically retreating. I would need to check the debugger to be sure.


It's always a relief to hear someone say that. The more common the bug is, the more accepted it is, and more work goes into finding a solution ^_^


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [IN-GAME] Penny Fox AI - Foxless
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:44 am 
Offline
Ronimo Team Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:45 pm
Posts: 8992
Penny is really problematic in the current patch. Her win percentage is much lower than everyone else and when you play you see her do weird things really often. What happened to her? Did you update something in the wrong way? In her current state I would almost think it might be better to just put her back to how she was before 2.9...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [IN-GAME] Penny Fox AI - Foxless
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:15 pm
Posts: 1160
Location: 3 miles under in a text file
Joost wrote:
Penny is really problematic in the current patch. Her win percentage is much lower than everyone else and when you play you see her do weird things really often. What happened to her? Did you update something in the wrong way? In her current state I would almost think it might be better to just put her back to how she was before 2.9...

Flawless does have an update, dubbed Foxless v2, in the works. She will be released once she no longer facetanks, which is more than likely to be some time this week.

_________________
"If it works well the first time, something is really, really wrong."

Veanko wrote:
Ignotis the hedgehog confirmed


STEAM


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [IN-GAME] Penny Fox AI - Foxless
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 1605
Location: Dænmårk
Agreed with Ignotis.

I'm not sure what could've caused her to act weirder than before, but an update is on the way, which has been under Ignotis' mighty hand as well.

^_^
If you find that the current version is much worse than the first one, I'll have no problem with it being reverted while the new one is in the works.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [IN-GAME] Penny Fox AI - Foxless
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:12 am
Posts: 104
Looks like it's been a while since anything's been said in here, thought I'd bring attention to Penny's difficulty in navigating again.
http://awesomereps.phexion.com/post/429
Penny bot repeatedly gets stuck or highly confused on Ribbit IV.
Gets stuck trying to get to top lane from base four seperate times:
2:40 to 3:42
4:40 to 6:08
11:58 to 12:08
12:35 to 12:45

From 11:00 to 11:15, she shows extreme difficulty in trying to get to the top lane from the bottom lane, jumping around near the jump pad for a while before finally going into it, seemingly by accident.

Also, around 13:19, she spawns with almost no health. Dunno if that's a bot problem or a game problem, just including it here anyway.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [IN-GAME] Penny Fox AI - Foxless
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 1605
Location: Dænmårk
True_Hitoare wrote:
Looks like it's been a while since anything's been said in here, thought I'd bring attention to Penny's difficulty in navigating again.
http://awesomereps.phexion.com/post/429
Penny bot repeatedly gets stuck or highly confused on Ribbit IV.
Gets stuck trying to get to top lane from base four seperate times:
2:40 to 3:42
4:40 to 6:08
11:58 to 12:08
12:35 to 12:45

From 11:00 to 11:15, she shows extreme difficulty in trying to get to the top lane from the bottom lane, jumping around near the jump pad for a while before finally going into it, seemingly by accident.

Also, around 13:19, she spawns with almost no health. Dunno if that's a bot problem or a game problem, just including it here anyway.


We are already aware of her problems. Thank you for reporting.
In the above post I explained that we are working on a new version of Foxless.
Don't worry.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [IN-GAME] Penny Fox AI - Foxless
 Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:33 pm 
Offline
Ronimo Team Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:45 pm
Posts: 8992
The live version of Pennybot has a win-percentage that is so far below that of the other bots, that something needs to be done in patch 2.10.

What is the current state of your new version of the Penny AI? Is it a complete rework or an improved version of the existing bot? If it is a complete rework, then I think the best course is to temporarily remove Pennybot from the game and do a resubmission of v2 for patch 2.11 (or later depending on how far along she is). If v2 is just an improved version of the existing bot, then I can just update her in-game and see how she does.

If an update is nearly finished, then I will need it on Monday evening at the latest (June 1) or it won't be in time for patch 2.10, as we want her to be in beta for further testing.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [IN-GAME] Penny Fox AI - Foxless
 Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 1605
Location: Dænmårk
Joost wrote:
The live version of Pennybot has a win-percentage that is so far below that of the other bots, that something needs to be done in patch 2.10.

What is the current state of your new version of the Penny AI? Is it a complete rework or an improved version of the existing bot? If it is a complete rework, then I think the best course is to temporarily remove Pennybot from the game and do a resubmission of v2 for patch 2.11 (or later depending on how far along she is). If v2 is just an improved version of the existing bot, then I can just update her in-game and see how she does.

If an update is nearly finished, then I will need it on Monday evening at the latest (June 1) or it won't be in time for patch 2.10, as we want her to be in beta for further testing.


Thank you for the heads up.

I tried my luck on a complete rework, though with the VeankoAI, but I cannot make Foxy stop facetanking.

I would like to have a resubmission ready, but for now I think it's best if she is removed.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next