Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: [GAMEMODE] Flawless' Tower Defence
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:00 am 

ToxicDuck wrote:
FlawlessHair wrote:

That looks amazing flawless, any idea when it will be available to us?

Edit: Welp, I see it was. That's two mistakes I've made in your threads so far. I should just stop commenting :facepalm:

No no, it's alright ^_^
I'm glad you found it! Do report any bugs if you find any!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:55 am 

FlawlessHair wrote:
No no, it's alright ^_^

The only bug I've noticed is that sometimes droids when they get near the base, will turn around, go to attack one of the bots, then turn back around. This leads to droids that should have gotten past, not be able to before they die.

I also take it there would be no way to make upgrading/placing turrets not be a command? If you save up some money it can get quite annoying to have to upgrade, wait, upgrade, etc.

Overall though, fantastic job :).

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:35 am 

ToxicDuck wrote:
FlawlessHair wrote:
No no, it's alright ^_^

The only bug I've noticed is that sometimes droids when they get near the base, will turn around, go to attack one of the bots, then turn back around. This leads to droids that should have gotten past, not be able to before they die.

I also take it there would be no way to make upgrading/placing turrets not be a command? If you save up some money it can get quite annoying to have to upgrade, wait, upgrade, etc.

Overall though, fantastic job :).

The droids going back... That's just a waypoint thingy. They sometimes accidentally goes to far.

Upgrading and placing turrets... No. Doing a command is far easier than anything else. I know it takes time, but there's no reason to make it more complicated. I don't know how I'd do it otherwise... Perhaps check if there was a projectile in the area... but it could lead to soooooo much confusion and bugs. This is far better :bluecheer:

But thanks.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:26 am 

Oh god the sheer amount of solar. :worship:

I like this idea, but the current format seems to be a bit lacking. There were three towers with only basic attacks as far as I could tell, correct?

So two ideas:
- Would it be possible to have towers that use abilities instead of basic attacks? This could make it more interesting I think.
- Would it be possible to spawn beacons at your location with your taunt/defend command. This would allow you to set up some killboxes.

This would be even better in combination with the first idea to make some cool combos (like say a rift/bubble, a snare and a damage source for example). Still, you'd have to replace the droids with nauts because the droids wouldn't be able to get through, but maybe this is a good thing? Fighting alongside your towers seems really cool. :scoop:

EDIT: Whoops, just saw you made a different topic for this, I'll be sure to move it there. ^z^"

Add me you big nerd

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:42 am 

FlawlessHair wrote:
The droids going back... That's just a waypoint thingy. They sometimes accidentally goes to far.

Upgrading and placing turrets... No. Doing a command is far easier than anything else. I know it takes time, but there's no reason to make it more complicated. I don't know how I'd do it otherwise... Perhaps check if there was a projectile in the area... but it could lead to soooooo much confusion and bugs. This is far better :bluecheer:

But thanks.

I may have not worded that right as you seem to have misunderstood me, I don't mean a different system for placing/upgrading turrets, I simply mean is it possible to use a different key that's not a "give command" button in nauts.

For example, just pressing a different key, say r for example, would place a turret. This way when you place a turret you can upgrade right away without having to wait for the "defend" command cooldown to end.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:44 pm 

ToxicDuck wrote:
FlawlessHair wrote:

But thanks.

I may have not worded that right as you seem to have misunderstood me, I don't mean a different system for placing/upgrading turrets, I simply mean is it possible to use a different key that's not a "give command" button in nauts.

For example, just pressing a different key, say r for example, would place a turret. This way when you place a turret you can upgrade right away without having to wait for the "defend" command cooldown to end.

No that's not possible. The reason I do it with "HELP" is because bots can Receive Pings, such as those commands. They can't check whether I'm holding a button down. I would if I could.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:00 pm 

This mod is fun as heck! Gets super hectic lategame :leoneyes:

Got a few suggestions and a bug report:

First, could you reduce the power of HC-bombers (Raelynn)? They fill the battlefield with so much death that there is not much you can do. I might be doing something wrong, but I always lose to these lategame, no matter what. :rae:

Secondly, could you reduce the power power of AAylas? They are like a steam locomotive, unstoppable with the lifesteal and absolutely spacetime-ripping DPS. :aylaroll:

Bug report: you can stand on the middle platforms of AI404 and the creep-nauts will just stand under you and jump and not do much. They will tear you apart if they jump up, but most waves can be cheesed this way.

I really hope that Jugger-nauts will be a thing in the future (more upgrades per row). So much fun will be had with this mode:leoneyes:

If you want a short name for me, just use Sten.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:11 am 

The Wise Sten wrote:
This mod is fun as heck! Gets super hectic lategame :leoneyes:

Got a few suggestions and a bug report:

First, could you reduce the power of HC-bombers (Raelynn)? They fill the battlefield with so much death that there is not much you can do. I might be doing something wrong, but I always lose to these lategame, no matter what. :rae:

Secondly, could you reduce the power power of AAylas? They are like a steam locomotive, unstoppable with the lifesteal and absolutely spacetime-ripping DPS. :aylaroll:

Bug report: you can stand on the middle platforms of AI404 and the creep-nauts will just stand under you and jump and not do much. They will tear you apart if they jump up, but most waves can be cheesed this way.

I really hope that Jugger-nauts will be a thing in the future (more upgrades per row). So much fun will be had with this mode:leoneyes:

Very glad you liked it!

Haha, you know I COULD nerf them... The point is to survive though :P

Ayla was recently buffed, so that makes sense. I'll give her a look.
Thanks for reporting.

Yes, enemies will try to reach you if you're close enough. Doesn't mean much to me though. The point is to play, not to stand and watch ;)

Post subject: Re: [GAMEMODE] Flawless' Tower Defence - The big cleanup
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:19 pm 

UPDATE 3.0

So I had a bird whisper in my ear that some of my AI files didn't work anymore. I guessed it was because of updated maps, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyway, I went through the code, and updated different things.
I must say this gamemode is pretty hard. I lasted 7 minutes...

Anyway, have fun ^^
It works!

Post subject: Re: [GAMEMODE] Flawless' Tower Defence - The big cleanup
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:57 am 

neato. seems like ai 404 has been put to good use :lolstar:

Frankie3nig has been permabanned by Sony 0

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next