Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: [WIP] Flawless' Singleplayer CampAIgn
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:17 am 

>UPDATING ORIGINAL POST...

Last edited by FlawlessHair on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:39 am 

>UPDATING ORIGINAL POST...

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:14 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

This is a really cool idea, and it is pretty awesome how much you already managed to achieve with the limited tools that exist right now! :worship:

Not using ASM is indeed a good choice if you want to reach more people. When the level editor hits we will also add Steamworks support and then your mod can be found easily by people because it doens't require ASM.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:28 pm 

Joost wrote:
This is a really cool idea, and it is pretty awesome how much you already managed to achieve with the limited tools that exist right now! :worship:

Not using ASM is indeed a good choice if you want to reach more people. When the level editor hits we will also add Steamworks support and then your mod can be found easily by people because it doens't require ASM.

Oh when the Level Editor hits, I'd much rather create maps designed for a campaign! (If that will be possible)
But I'm really looking forward to that. Thank you.

Quick question. Do you have any idea how far we are from the level editor? Are we talking half a year? Perhaps more?
It's one of the things I'm looking most forward to right now.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:08 pm 

@Joost, any chance we're gonna have access to custom AnimationTemplates and custom localization.settings by the time the level editor hits? This would allow us to add AnimationText nodes with custom text. We don't need fancy editors, I'm pretty sure the community can figure things out with a text editor. Being able to load custom textures would also be nice, that would make fan videos so much easier to make.

Last edited by Nodja on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:15 pm 

Nodja wrote:
@Joost, any chance we're gonna have access to custom AnimationTemplates and custom localization.settings by the time the level editor hits? This would allow us to add AnimationText nodes with custom text. We don't need fancy editors, I'm pretty sure the community can figure things out with a text editor. Being also able to load custom textures would also be nice, that would make fan videos so much easier to make.

Oooooh yes! Custom text pleeeaaaassee :D

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:18 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

FlawlessHair wrote:
Quick question. Do you have any idea how far we are from the level editor? Are we talking half a year? Perhaps more?
It's one of the things I'm looking most forward to right now.

Our tech team is focussed on the matchmaking right now. I have no idea when the level editor will hit, but definitely not before Summer.

Nodja wrote:
@Joost, any chance we're gonna have access to custom AnimationTemplates and custom localization.settings by the time the level editor hits? This would allow us to add AnimationText nodes with custom text. We don't need fancy editors, I'm pretty sure the community can figure things out with a text editor. Being able to load custom textures would also be nice, that would make fan videos so much easier to make.

I don't know what will be added, but it would definitely be nice to add a couple of extra things to make much more modding things possible. Pressing buttons from an AI block and showing your own texts are two obvious additions that would increase the possibilities enormously, but I have no idea what will and what will not be done. The first focus will of course be the core level editor with the features we already have.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:55 am 

ImageUPDATEImage

Updated the main post.

Campaign is being tested, but should be ready soon...

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:00 am 

FlawlessHair wrote:
ImageUPDATEImage

Updated the main post.

Campaign is being tested, but should be ready soon...

Caaaaats!!!!! :scoop: :scoop: :scoop:

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:11 am 

So uh... yea... I uh... Kinda released it now...

It's out, woo!

:party:

Last edited by FlawlessHair on Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.