Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: VinBot
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:39 pm 

I have a Vinnie bot from a while ago sitting around. Fortunately, he doesn't seem to be an idiot. He's old enough that I don't remember whether he has any bugs, or where he came from, so testing is very appreciated.

DOWNLOAD

Veanko wrote:
Ignotis the hedgehog confirmed

STEAM

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] VinBot
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:46 am 

Tested this bot on Ribbit IV, along with Scoop Bot, 60% difficulty. No other options changed except for solar at start (850 solar). Apologies if there's any gramatical mistake.

GENERAL

• First of all, this bot as a little bug at the start, where, after buying the first upgrades, he'll activate one of them instantly, in this case, Spike Dive
  • He seems to get stuck in some places, for example, on Ribbit, it seems he got stuck on the toplane and on the platforms to the bottom lane on both sides, he won't either go up through the solar boss or go down though the platform. (though that may be caused due to the Solar Boss spit)

SPIKE DIVE

• Not too shaby, he dashes as soon as he sees an opponent in range that he can kill, and won't doubt when dashing if he's full on health. He even dashes to escape!
  • It looks like sometimes it'll dash away from the enemy just because, even if he isn't low on health, just because there are no droids in front of him.

SMOKE SCREEN

• He uses it really nicely, silencing enemies and throwing it to get solar. No complains here.

BUBBLE GUN (AA)

• No escape from the dangerous bubbles. Again, no complain. He uses Yakoiza correctly, and he aims really well. A fearsome opponent.

I'm more likely to check on Steam Discussions than here, so if
there's something urgent be sure to report it there.

Yeah, I'm gay

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:41 pm 

Thanks for testing! I'll figure out those movement bugs and get Spike Dive to be more consistent.

Veanko wrote:
Ignotis the hedgehog confirmed

STEAM

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:50 am 

I played a few matches with VinBot. It's fairly good, with very precise aim, and it rarely gets stuck. My only issue is that it often twists around when at low health, as if it can't decide whether to go forwards or backwards, and doesn't run away until it's very late.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:58 pm 

trinary wrote:
I played a few matches with VinBot. It's fairly good, with very precise aim, and it rarely gets stuck. My only issue is that it often twists around when at low health, as if it can't decide whether to go forwards or backwards, and doesn't run away until it's very late.

That's an issue I had with my former vinnie bot as well. Full respects to Ignotis if he manages to fix this.

Bots I've made:

[In-Game] Derpl viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35642 :drool:

http://imgur.com/5P0Ais3

Post subject: Re: VinBot
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:36 am 
Ronimo Team Member

We have tested this one internally and unfortunately we think it is not good enough yet to make it into the game.

One thing we specifically noticed is that he often SpikeDives without a target, and when there is a target he often misses the SpikeDive.