Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [IN-GAME] When did I write a Scoop bot?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:46 pm 

Apparently, I wrote a Scoop bot way back when. He seems to work. (good sign?) Since Ronimo said the Scoop bot needed improvements, it seems sensible to submit this one in case he's any better. Like with Vinnie, PLEASE test him. I have no idea what problems he has, so I would love as much help as I can get.

DOWNLOAD

Veanko wrote:
Ignotis the hedgehog confirmed

STEAM

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] When did I write a Scoop bot?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:48 am 

Tested this bot on Ribbit IV, along with Vinnie Bot, 60% difficulty. No other options changed except for solar at start (850 solar). Apologies if there's any gramatical mistake.

GENERAL

• First of all, this bot has a little bug at the start, where, after buying the first upgrades, he'll activate one of them instantly, in this case, Binding of Justice.
  • He seems to kind of spazz out sometimes, going back and forth. It's okay if it's left in, might be okay to leave it in.
  • It seems he has some problems getting flyers, even when jumping and reaching them, he won't (auto)attack them. Hammers and Binding will get activated, but he won't activate.
  • He also doesn't like to hit droids for whatever reason, he just jumps around, occasionally hitting them, but just once.

FROZEN HAMMER

• Gotta say, the hammers are really precise! You do require a bit of skill to dodge them, but this was at 60% difficulty, which was pretty okay, since bots with this difficulty are facing already skillful opponents.
  • They don't always hit, which is okay, but sometimes they try to hit you through a wall, which of course will make the hammer bounce everywhere but near the target.
  • It seems he prefers hitting droids over nauts, is this intended?

BINDING OF JUSTICE

• He uses it correctly, when low on health and when near enemies to damage them.
  • Sometimes he'll use it right after teleporting, if he's low on health

SWORD STRIKE (AA)

• It seems he's doubtful when to use it. Sometimes he won't attack at all, and if he's fighting and he's low on health, he'll prefer "standing still" before running away, even if his enemy is about to die

I'm more likely to check on Steam Discussions than here, so if
there's something urgent be sure to report it there.

Yeah, I'm gay

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:51 pm 

Oops! Sword Strike's range was set to much, much lower than it should have been. He would have had to hug his enemies to use it. The Bindings in shop issue is an easy fix. Favoring droids is thanks to an attempt at making him get more droid kills. I'll revert it, since it seems unneeded and may hinder his combat. I can't fix the "hammers through walls" bug. Either it's hammers through walls or no hammers through crowds. I favor wasting a hammer to missing a kill.

EDIT: All fixes are uploaded!

Veanko wrote:

STEAM

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:08 pm 

As KidaFeru stated, the hammer aim is a bit off - expecially on longer range targets. However, this is an acceptable fault as there is currently no way to account for gravity for aimStickAtTarget. Although, if Ronimo adds functionality for this later, fixing this bug would be a decent improvement to the bot.

EDIT: And as I didn't make it clear, I think this scoop bot would be a welcome addition.

Bots I've made:

[In-Game] Derpl viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35642 :drool:

http://imgur.com/5P0Ais3

Last edited by TheMesp on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:52 pm 

Played with the fixed version, and it's nice to see him use his sword once again.

He still likes using Binding unnecessarily, though now he uses it as soon as he spawns.

Now, there's a little thing that the old bot didn't have that this one does, and I don't know if it's a pathing issue or just the AI not deciding what to do, but when he was 'ambushed' by me on the AI 205 past first turret enemy area (his enemy area), while having a Scoop on the other side, he just went back and forth, throwing some hammers and bindings, and AA-ing, but he couldn't escape. It did look like if he wanted, jumping around and trying to run, but then he'll just go back. I'll upload a video of this as soon as I can.

Another thing, it seems he's a bit overaggressive now, staying for fights for too long, getting him killed.

He also got stuck the first time after spawning, between the spawn and the drill core area, for a good 30 seconds or so. I think that didn't happen again after that.

Yeah, I'm gay

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:18 pm 

@KidaFeru

These bugs seem to crop up in other VeankoAI bots as well. Scoop's logic is very, very simple, so any of this behavior is almost certainly because of VeankoAI. That being said, I may add features later on to improve him.

Veanko wrote:

STEAM

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:32 am 

Updated! I nabbed a bunch of features from Super Sentry to improve Scoop's intelligence. This should make him more capable of handling gank situations and a better pusher.

Veanko wrote:

STEAM

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:03 pm 

Now this is a lot better!

Really nice bot, though now it seems it has less accuracy with hammers? He only hit around 4/10 hammers, with only 1 of those that hit being on "long range", and the failed ones, he failed even some at close range.
Apart from that, I'll consider this one done. It's really nice, and I like being carried by this beast on lategame :scoop:

Yeah, I'm gay

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:18 pm 

KidaFeru wrote:
Now this is a lot better!

Really nice bot, though now it seems it has less accuracy with hammers? He only hit around 4/10 hammers, with only 1 of those that hit being on "long range", and the failed ones, he failed even some at close range.
Apart from that, I'll consider this one done. It's really nice, and I like being carried by this beast on lategame :scoop:

Thanks! I made no changes to the hammer logic (aside from not bursting Sentry or an RBAY frog), so you probably just got unlucky.

Veanko wrote:

STEAM

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:20 am 
Ronimo Team Member

We have tested this one internally and we really like it! :thumb:

Difficult to see whether it really is better than the old Scoop bot, but we think it is so this one will be in the beta for patch 2.11! It is also really nice to see this one getting improvements so quickly, so if issues are found during beta you can probably improve him a bit further. Congrats and thanks for making this bot! :worship:

Note that if the bot turns out to be problematic during beta, it might still be removed. During beta you will be able to update and improve your bot further.