Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Bots are stupid!
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:29 am 

I was playing as leon (bot match) against the hardest AI.

They totally ignored the fact that someone (or something) was in their base.

when an enemy is in your base, your base lights up. :leoneyes:

Post subject: Re: Bots are stupid!
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:26 am 

eck wrote:
I was playing as leon (bot match) against the hardest AI.

They totally ignored the fact that someone (or something) was in their base.

when an enemy is in your base, your base lights up. :leoneyes:

You mean you were invisible, in the base, and the base lit up?

We can't do anything about that. The bot is not 'watching' the game. It's just acting to what is around it. And flashing lights is not a thing that is around it.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:13 am 

Well, we could have them completely ignore invisibility when they're around the core, but then you're just trading one set of issues for another, probably greater set of issues.

You could conceivably do something subtler, but honestly it would take a massive amount of work for very little gain. Even if Ronimo were to give us access to some sort of "IsEnemyStealthedNearCore" boolean, it would still be a pretty low priority all things considered.

As an aside, many of us find entire concept of permanent invisibility to be fundamentally flawed anyway. I can't speak for Ronimo, but I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see Leon changed to a duration-based stealth and buffed in other areas to compensate. That would more or less take care of the issue and would be far less work than the alternative of making the AI aware of these situations.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:52 am 

hurleybird wrote:
Well, we could have them completely ignore invisibility when they're around the core, but then you're just trading one set of issues for another, probably greater set of issues.

That's an interesting idea.

---

I'm still slightly disappointed that bots cannot see very many things at all. My wishlist is full of things that'll never be added: the current cooldowns of other 'nauts, differentiating between projectiles, visuals of abilities while they're being used (timerifts, snipe-lines, dashes, BHS, etc.), the velocities of both oneself and of others...