Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: VosAI - a little Penny AI (please test?)
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:22 am 

This is a little Penny AI that hopefully doesn't contain too many bugs.

It's fairly unaggressive.

Download https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ipMxtE1awwcmJldlJpdWkwTzA/view?usp=sharing

Install by extracting and moving the .xml files to Data/BehavioursCustom (in your Awesomenauts folder)

Please test it and tell me of any/all issues that you find! :ayla:
Also, any/all suggestions (build/order, bugfixes, features, etc.) would be very appreciated, as I'm sure that many better Penny players would object to many things (such as the rather messy build).

---

A few features:
- Uses Pulse both to poke and to kill
- Pounces people into turrets
- Un-obstructive
- Pounces to escape dangerous situations (and also to disable/stun)
- Pushes correctly
It only really begins to shine after ~ten minutes, once it gets Pulse damage.

FoxAI was already taken, so I opted for vos, which is Dutch for fox.

Post subject: Re: VosAI - a little Penny AI (please test?)
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:56 am 

Interestings. I'll test this when I get time.

One question: does she facetank? Flawless and I have worked hard on an improved Penny AI for a while, but have always been deterred from publishing her by the fact that she facetanks. If yours does not, I would love to know how you managed to prevent facetanking. That's very impressive. :thumb:

Veanko wrote:
Ignotis the hedgehog confirmed

STEAM

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:17 pm 

Yes, I noticed that as well while writing it. I don't believe it does any more, although it's likely that that's merely due to a small sample size and my inattention.

While pushing, it walks forward if there's a turret behind it that's too close, and backwards if there's one in front.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:07 pm 

So, I tested this bot - it's a very good dualer, and uses her abilities very well. For the most part she attacks turrets properly, however I have observed a few facetanks. She dashes out before she is killed, though.

Overall, a good bot! :thumb:

I would just work on fixing the rare instance of facetanking - everything else is great.

Bots I've made:

[In-Game] Derpl viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35642 :drool:

http://imgur.com/5P0Ais3

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:49 pm 

TheMesp wrote:
I would just work on fixing the rare instance of facetanking - everything else is great.

You don't know what you're asking him to do....

Veanko wrote:

STEAM

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:51 pm 

trinary wrote:
While pushing, it walks forward if there's a turret behind it that's too close, and backwards if there's one in front.

Flawless and I tried that in combination with disabling all logic other than VeankoAI and pressing FACE_LEFT. Unbelievably, she still facetanked. :drone:

Veanko wrote:

STEAM

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:18 pm 

Ignotis wrote:
trinary wrote:

Flawless and I tried that in combination with disabling all logic other than VeankoAI and pressing FACE_LEFT. Unbelievably, she still facetanked. :drone:

Sorry about quickly hi-jacking this thread, but Ignotis is on here, and I'd just quickly like to hear if you're able to come on Steam? ^_^

Oh and yea, we had much trouble.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:33 am 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
I've played a few games with it and I must say it works pretty good. she dashes away when on low health, she knows when too use her abilities she is good at killing droids and one time she even attempted and succeded at killing me with a pulse though the floor :lolstar: but she did that while jumping ourount the solar boss while also attacking it a bit but leaving after the kill. in one match she even nog 7 kills.

A few problems I encounterd though were that she tents too facetank turrets while attacking, sometimes she just walks left and right looking like she can't decide what too do and she doesn't seem to want to come near me when attacking droids while she preayy much could have had me. I did have one instance where she didn't finish off a bot while she easely could but that just happend once.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:02 pm 

TheMesp wrote:
So, I tested this bot - it's a very good dualer, and uses her abilities very well. For the most part she attacks turrets properly, however I have observed a few facetanks. She dashes out before she is killed, though.

Overall, a good bot! :thumb:

Thank you for testing it! Fixing facetanking is now my first priority.

Ignotis wrote:
trinary wrote:

I'm noticing that, now. :­(

vmar98 wrote:
I've played a few games with it and I must say it works pretty good. she dashes away when on low health, she knows when too use her abilities she is good at killing droids and one time she even attempted and succeded at killing me with a pulse though the floor :lolstar: but she did that while jumping ourount the solar boss while also attacking it a bit but leaving after the kill. in one match she even nog 7 kills.

A few problems I encounterd though were that she tents too facetank turrets while attacking, sometimes she just walks left and right looking like she can't decide what too do and she doesn't seem to want to come near me when attacking droids while she preayy much could have had me. I did have one instance where she didn't finish off a bot while she easely could but that just happend once.

Thank you for testing this! Your feedback is very helpful for identifying and resolving issues, especially when I hadn't noticed them myself. :redcheer:

Facetanking is definitely the largest issue right now. ^^ It may seem indecisive because it's simultaneously afraid of you and wishes to attack you, or it may not have enough charges to use its abilities on you, but I'll look into it not killing the bot as well. It's meant to prioritize killing enemies if any are around at low health.

---

After countless hours of heartbreak and frustration, and several 'fixes' later, I can conclude that blue Penny does not facetank while red Penny does.

It's very strange. Blue-Penny moves away from turrets if it's too close, as intended, but red-Penny does not. I can see quite clearly in the AI editor/debugger that the correct branch is being triggered, and it recognizes that the turret is too close, but the GoBack variable is /not/ being set to true.

I'll post the updated version soon. I'm still holding out on the hope that I can find out why it's not being set when it clearly should be.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:07 pm 

That is interesting... interesting and weird...