Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

Post subject: Re: Ask various map editor questions here
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:41 am 

Using yolve's method of creating hidden areas, I've had issues making health packs also hidden to outside players. Kewn shed some light on how to fix this issue, so for anyone else trying to put health packs in hidden areas, you need to select your texture and set parallax to -.1. Then, enable the checkbox doNotOffsetByParallax. This should fix your issues and make the healthpack also hide itself.

Sidenote, doNotOffsetByParallax seems to be buggy - when you enable it, your texture will just randomly move somewhere on your screen, so you need to reposition it again. I don't know why.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:45 am 

So what exactly do the numbers mean in the awareness area for turrets? I tried messing with them but nothing seemed to change
Edit: Also your suggestion about making the turret move with a button worked, however is there a way for the turret to stay there for a couple seconds after pressing the button and not just immediately flying away once something gets off the button?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:51 pm 

Fireheart wrote:
is there a way for the turret to stay there for a couple seconds after pressing the button and not just immediately flying away once something gets off the button?

I had a similar problem but I figured out how to solve it.
To get a delay you have to use 2 buttons, a moving platform and a creep spawn

Here's what you do

1. Create a small out play room that can't be interfered with.
In that room place a button at the top, a creep spawn at the bottom and a platform under the creep.

2. place the other button in the spot that you want to activate the turret moving. Make this button control the platform in the small room.

3. Pick a creep to place in the small room. (I use the creepSpy cause it helps with more advanced stuff) and make the platform lift the creep into the button. Set the button speed to control how fast the creep presses or releases the button

4. Set the button in the small room to move the turret

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:47 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Fireheart wrote:
So what exactly do the numbers mean in the awareness area for turrets? I tried messing with them but nothing seemed to change ...

There's a button in the F4 editor that turns on the visualisation of these areas. If you turn it on there you can also see them in the F1 editor.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:23 pm 

So no custom textures, but what about custom graphics then? Is there a folder where I can paste a dds file into or something? Or is that what you mean by "textures" and is completely unavailable right now? Couse frankly, the whole fun of a "map editor" is to make something completely unique, and not just play a bunch of maps that all look the same.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:49 pm 

Can someone please explain how the barriers were made to close in the moonrush map? I'm having a hard time with buttons since there isn't a resource on the wiki about them yet. I can make creeps spawn, worms and animations play through buttons but that's pretty much all I've figured out. How do I make something move up or down? Can I make things rotate on button press? Can I make obstacles remove collision and hide them from view when I press a button? Not really sure what the limits of what I can and can't do are.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:21 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Here's a bunch more things that will be added in beta 2 (coming later this week):

Quote:
-Fixed that minimap wasn’t rendered correctly (it was mostly black).
-Can now combine several HideAreas with a single name (so you can make more complex shapes than just rectangles).
-HideAreas now automatically get graphics. You can disable this if you want to use your own graphics for the hideArea.
-HideAreas can now also be controlled by a button (instead of by a player being inside it).
-Added a new object type: AffectArea. This object can apply heal, damage, stun, snare, blind, silence and slow to any character inside it, and give Solar. The AffectArea can be turned on and off by Buttons.
-Replaced RegenerationArea by AffectArea (so your RegenerationAreas will keep functioning as expected and will appear as AffectAreas from now on).

Elkondo wrote:
So no custom textures, but what about custom graphics then? Is there a folder where I can paste a dds file into or something? Or is that what you mean by "textures" and is completely unavailable right now? ...

DDS files are textures and loading your own DDS files is not supported right now. I hope we can add that for 3.5 but I don't know whether there will be enough time for that.

However, you can already customise the looks of your map: you can disable the default tileset and put graphics objects in the level yourself. There are thousands of textures in the game already and you can use those to decorate your level. Especially in combination with recolouring them this allows for quite a lot of fun things. :ayla:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:43 am 

What does "Ignore Collision of Type" on the Obstacles do?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:58 am 

10000370 wrote:
What does "Ignore Collision of Type" on the Obstacles do?

type in an object type such as Creep, Player, Character (?), Bullet(?), TeamOne (maybe Team_One), etc. to have it ignore collision with that family of objects.

Is gameMessageButton limited to the current standard gameMessageTypes (by which i mean the 34ish i see with priorities defined in the settings)?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:26 am 
Ronimo Team Member

stev wrote:
... Is gameMessageButton limited to the current standard gameMessageTypes (by which i mean the 34ish i see with priorities defined in the settings)?

Yeah, it only does those messages.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next