Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

Post subject: Re: Ask various map editor questions here
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:30 am 

hmm, is there a way to get spawned HyperTurrets (Ramona) to not die immediately? how about mount-able by a friendly chucho? if not, how about using AI when it can be packaged? (Also a custom game setting or similar--unless I missed it--to disable spawning with base abilities would be neat. Or maybe this could be achieved with enableUpgrade shenanigans?)

one more. are the flag creep and CTF area/capturemode in HeroCode (granted im only looking at the examples) in a state that players can integrate them? i think i see the creep ai looking for someone eligible for pickup and then giving them an upgrade, as well as stuff for pushing a button in certain areas for captures. im not sure how the flag is moved or how the stuff in herocode is related though.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:28 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I think Chucho Bike kills itself if there's no Chucho it's assigned to. I'm not sure whether this behaviour is in his AI or in his code. If it's in AI then you'll be able to fix your problem in beta 3, since we intend to add support for modding AI in beta 3. That will also give you more options to hack in a CTF like mode yourself.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:34 pm 

Dumb question: How do I get the damage areas to work?

And is there any way to "cut" the platforms you create?
For example, I've made a single large platform to start off my level size but later I decide I want to make a hide area underground, instead of just cutting out a block from my giant platform I'd have to shrink it and create 2 other platforms that open up that one point of the map.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:53 am 

Are there any ways to generate randomness in levels? I want to hit a button and it will either do A, B, C, D or E events at random. I was thinking of a ball-drop pingpong thing with creeps but it didn't end up being random since I can't set endpositions for creepturners for them to bounce and shuffle around the creeps. There was also a big problem with a delay waiting for the creeps to land and hit their respective button.

I know it's a weird request, but can we see some sort of way to handle randomness in the future of the editor? Even if it's in a hacky way, you could make a Random object that is activated by a button, and has 30 or so result1, result2, resultX properties that we can assign to other stuff. Basically, a button where you can give it a range to choose between (1-7) for example, then let it carry out result7 if it lands on 7, for instance. Cause right now the only way to do randomness feels like some convoluted creep computer system, or I'm missing something simple.

edit: actually can you just add endPosition and animationDuration to CreepSpawnerRepeater. As long as we're working with hacky creeps to make sophisticated button presses, a constantly moving creep spawner dropping a creep onto an array of buttons should do the trick.

edit2: actually can you just add endPosition and animationDuration to all objects that we can create? I feel like this would let us do more advanced stuff with a lot of things and it futureproofs a lot ofconcepts that people might want to try.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:41 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Randomness is possible through AI. AI support in mods is planned to be added in beta 3.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:40 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

RoachCake wrote:
... And is there any way to "cut" the platforms you create?
For example, I've made a single large platform to start off my level size but later I decide I want to make a hide area underground, instead of just cutting out a block from my giant platform I'd have to shrink it and create 2 other platforms that open up that one point of the map.

This option will be added in beta 3: viewtopic.php?p=698782#p698782

It was actually already in our engine for years but had broken somewhere along the way, so I had disabled it in the map editor. I've fixed it now, so it will be in the next beta. :ayla:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:24 am 

Joost wrote:
Randomness is possible through AI. AI support in mods is planned to be added in beta 3.

How so? If I want either A, B, C, D or E button pressed at random how can an AI do this for me? I'm thinking of a hacky creep-drop way onto multiple buttons ala ping pong balls dropping down a series of pins, I don't see how a bot is able to do this for me, since he'd run left or right randomly and wade through activating all of the buttons.

If all the objects we can create are able to have endpositions set for them, it might pave the way for a lot of interesting stuff - moving damage areas, moving creep spawners, moving solar/healthpacks etc could all be useful in map building.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:49 am 
Ronimo Team Member

An AI can press buttons and an AI has a Random block, so an AI can randomly choose which block to press.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:08 pm 

Since I'm still relatively new I expect to use this a thread a lot :P

So, first question!!!
How do I make a breakable pickup? I watched the youtube video again (the one where the devs use it) and it features it in the "placeable" tabs (Obstacles etc). In my editor it isnt there. Am I missing something? How do I place it? :D

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:18 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Breakable Pickup turned out to have so many bugs that we've removed it for now. So at the moment you can't make it.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next