Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Modding feature requests
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:14 pm 

Joost wrote:
Brackz wrote:
I'd love it if we could get the option to have the InfluenceOnDeath on the turrets be able to influence multiple items :kiss:

Doesn't it already do that? It's just a name and you can have as many other objects use that as the influenceName as you like, I think.

Hmm allright, I can't seem to find how to add multiple names in a line though? Checked on other maps but it only said one name per turret.

Edit: also a suggestion, maybe it would be nice to have tooltips for the options? Having a short description per item would make it very user friendly I think :D

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:06 pm 

Add a sound object.
Preferably one that can be activated in multiple ways, like from a button, something dying, a player walking near it, etc. (Adding the ability to import custom sounds would also be fantastic but that probably won't happen.)

Also an editor that allows the creation of custom creeps would be nice, because limiting us to the default 5 may make them look out of place on some maps.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:55 pm 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
I'm just going to drop this here also
Here are my suggestions:

-The ability to switch characters at will while editing a level.
-In debug mode add a fast key to the delete button to kill the selected character.
-Having a selection menu for everything you can put a texture or animation to.
-Having a selection menu or a page on the wiki where you'll be able to see the names of every ability so you can apply it to the damage area.
-The ability to make an area that applies CC of your choosing with the power of your choosing.
-The ability to make an area where you can slowdown and speed up time.
-Being able to make platforms take turns or at least having a middle point.
-Being able to make platforms make loops.
-Having a selection menu of things you can spawn with the creep spawner.
-Being able to see how big the damage area is.
-Being able to increase the regen area.
-Being able to give the regen area a texture or animation.
-Having clear map limits so you don't start making levels in an instant kill zone and so you know where you can and can't build.
-Just not having kill zones would be nice, an invisible wall that blocks you from building outside of the boundries would be a better idea.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:11 pm 

Also heres a couple quality of life requests based on my experience with image editing programs:

-̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶n̶u̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶o̶b̶j̶e̶c̶t̶s̶ ̶(̶m̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶1̶ ̶p̶i̶x̶e̶l̶/̶b̶l̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶)̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶r̶o̶w̶ ̶k̶e̶y̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶W̶A̶S̶D̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶b̶l̶o̶c̶k̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶c̶i̶s̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶l̶y̶.̶ ̶A̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶f̶t̶ ̶+̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶n̶u̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶b̶j̶e̶c̶t̶s̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶.̶ Apparently this is a thing already, woops.

- Add the ability to scale obstacles/objects from it's corners. Because having to scale them from the center is really annoying, and most likely means you'll have to move the object again afterwards.

- Add a group/ungroup button, this will group up objects so if you select one of the objects in the group, it will automatically select all other objects in the group. So this way if you have to make frequent changes to multiple objects at once, you don't have to keep using CTRL to select them all. The ungroup button would obviously remove all objects from the group.

- Add the ability to cut/slice an obstacle. Only vertically or horizontally, to avoid any weirdness in collision. So this way incase you make a long platform and decide "Oh maybe I should put some glass platforms here." You don't have to scale the obstacle and move it around and all that junk.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:38 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Brackz wrote:
... Hmm allright, I can't seem to find how to add multiple names in a line though? Checked on other maps but it only said one name per turret. ...

You don't need multiple names. If you set the Turret's influeceOnDeath to "Banana" then any Obstacle that have their name set to "Banana" will respond.

Skip wrote:
Add a sound object.
Preferably one that can be activated in multiple ways, like from a button, something dying, a player walking near it, etc. (Adding the ability to import custom sounds would also be fantastic but that probably won't happen.)

Also an editor that allows the creation of custom creeps would be nice, because limiting us to the default 5 may make them look out of place on some maps.

Sounds would be possible if we enabled the Animation Editor (F3), but I don't think we'll have time to add support for that one in 3.5. Same for the Particle Editor (F2) and the Settings Manager (used for making your own creeps).

Skip wrote:
... - Add the ability to cut/slice an obstacle. Only vertically or horizontally, to avoid any weirdness in collision. So this way incase you make a long platform and decide "Oh maybe I should put some glass platforms here." You don't have to scale the obstacle and move it around and all that junk.

We already have code for this but it broke years ago. That's the hole next to the mirror button. I hope to have time to solve those bugs and bring that button back, but I can't promise anything since I have a lot of editor features to make for 3.5 already.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:34 am 

Skip wrote:
- Add the ability to scale obstacles/objects from it's corners. Because having to scale them from the center is really annoying, and most likely means you'll have to move the object again afterwards.

Yes! It's so much easier to just drag from the sides and corners.

Skip wrote:
- Add a group/ungroup button, this will group up objects so if you select one of the objects in the group, it will automatically select all other objects in the group. So this way if you have to make frequent changes to multiple objects at once, you don't have to keep using CTRL to select them all. The ungroup button would obviously remove all objects from the group.

Also yes.

A few more:
- The option to change the snapping resolution on the grid. (i.e. snap by every 0.2 or 0.5 instead of 0.1)
- Instead of (or in addition to) having a toggle for the X & Y restrictions, most image editing programs allow you to get all of this by just holding a key during a drag. For example, holding shift could restrict your movement of an object to only straight lines along the X or Y axis.
- When you click in an input box, it should automatically highlight the number inside so that you can easily type in a new number. It should also allow you to tab into the next input.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:40 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Nabrin wrote:
... - When you click in an input box, it should automatically highlight the number inside so that you can easily type in a new number. ...

When you press Delete directly after clicking a text field, the entire text in it is directly cleared, allowing you to type a new number.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:48 am 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
Another important feature should be that you can center the level editor camera to your level. While editing a level I zoomed out too much and couldn't find my level anymore, the only way I was able to find it was because I had some animations with sounds which I could follow until I found my map again.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:35 am 

It would be really cool to have some sort of events editor; for example, a player entering an area would enable or disable a wall or spawn some extra droids.

Also, maybe I haven't clicked around enough yet, but it would also be neat to see something like an area that affects gravity like in the old AI 404 map.

Current mains: Raelynn, Genji
Secondaries: Whoever I feel like playing with at the time :D

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:47 am 

mjgood wrote:
Also, maybe I haven't clicked around enough yet, but it would also be neat to see something like an area that affects gravity like in the old AI 404 map.

Bacon Bomb managed to figure it out, might want to try to get in contact with him.

Are there any plans to make the editor any more user-friendly? I'm not expecting Mario Maker here, but something a little more drag-and-drop would be nice. I only tried the editor briefly and am sure I'm missing a lot, but I couldn't figure out how to do anything besides change number/data values. :shrug:

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla: