Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Modding feature requests
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:15 pm 

If we could edit base stats for individual Awesomenauts and the store items that would be fantastic. It would allow for either really wonky game play which could be fun or precisely balanced matches if the uploader knew what they were doing.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:49 pm 

YOJOEHOJO wrote:
If we could edit base stats for individual Awesomenauts and the store items that would be fantastic. It would allow for either really wonky game play which could be fun or precisely balanced matches if the uploader knew what they were doing.

I think the whole community wants something like that (settings manager :GnawCry:) but Joost said it would be a huge amount of works to implement it live and making sure it can't be used for cheating.

Well I never thought we could get the animation editor so there's always hope!

Replay finder

More tools here!

:tongue: :party:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:35 am 

Blatoy wrote:
YOJOEHOJO wrote:

I think the whole community wants something like that (settings manager :GnawCry:) but Joost said it would be a huge amount of works to implement it live and making sure it can't be used for cheating.

Well I never thought we could get the animation editor so there's always hope!

I understand the former half but as for the latter they could just simply make it specifically a thing within custom game settings that the host of said match would have to choose between said mods. For instance though: Say you think Clunk should have a minor lifesteal within his bite from the get go because he is rather easy to die with even if you know what your doing. You then could allocate the wasted space in the store to something that would increase area of effect or something akin to that (of course not by much but still that is just a general idea). If you want those two things and everybody agrees to it you could then add the mod in the mod setting of the general match, which for now only holds a check box for custom AI.

Fundamentally this would be a good way to see what the players want and have them beta test before Ronimo actually has to do anything. Not only would it be great for people trying to balance it out or have just chaotic fun but they could essentially make their own Naut and again beta test it. Granted, I know most people who would even try to use this kind of modding mechanic for such would immediately make ridiculous over-powered characters, but because it would be in a custom-only match setting it's okay and hey that's how they want to have fun.

Here's a quick idea though within the realm of it being in a custom match settings list: Make it so that the other players have a button to suggest character/store mods within just the regular overlay like how the map setting is in the bottom left (which, players should be able to suggest possible maps too) so that they feel that at least they have a voice in saying "we should make it crazy by this way", "we should use this mod to allow certain custom characters", or "maybe let's make it a bit more balanced with this.".

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:42 am 

tbh being able to animate the position of an affect area would be amazing