Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Post subject: Re: Modding feature requests
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:38 pm 

- I'd love to have "startPosition" and "endPosition" variables for textures and animations, too
(currently only obstacles can move between two points and I can't figure out how to completely remove their collision so they basically act like textures)
- On the same note (this isn't nearly as important though), how about "startSize" and "endSize" variables, making obstacles or textures change their size over the set animationDuration, syncing up with startPosition and endPosition (this is basically for better animating and making things seem more alive)
- Obviously, being able to add custom textures would be awesome, but I'm sure that's already been requested or may even be on the to-do list :CocoWink:
- Areas that apply CC

Love the editor so far, keep up the great work Ronimo! :thumb:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:02 pm 

nikey9 wrote:
- I'd love to have "startPosition" and "endPosition" variables for textures and animations, too
(currently only obstacles can move between two points and I can't figure out how to completely remove their collision so they basically act like textures)

I might have a solution on how to make an obstacle lose all of its Collisions:
in the passable by teams area type "TEAM_ZERO TEAM_ONE TEAM_NONE"

I have gotten obstacles that only block neutral creeps to work so this shud work too

nikey9 wrote:

- Areas that apply CC

You can use DamageArea for these.
The hard part is finding the info on damage settings that only do CC and no damage

i know about these 2 tho:

Snare - HeavyTrap
Blind - BirdSmoke

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:18 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I should add support for the Assets Browser for even more things. The Assets Browser is the thing you use to find textures, animations and particles. I've already added creepType and aiFileName, but I guess damageSettings and PickupType should also have support for that.

Several of the things being mentioned are on my list, but my list is too long to finish so let's see how far I get making the requested features and improvements. :ayla:

Xelrog wrote:
... Are there any plans to make the editor any more user-friendly? I'm not expecting Mario Maker here, but something a little more drag-and-drop would be nice. I only tried the editor briefly and am sure I'm missing a lot, but I couldn't figure out how to do anything besides change number/data values. :shrug:

I'm doing a bunch of fixes and tweaks that make it more understandable and easier to use, but the goal for the map editor is not to make it friendly to all users. This is a hardcore tool for people who really want to dive into modding, it's not intended to be for everyone.

Looking at the number of mods already on Steamworks after 6 days of beta I think enough people get it to make modding viable in Awesomenauts. :ayla:

The one thing that we do want to make really simple is playing mods, that should be fun and understandable for everyone.

Having said that, it would be great if more tutorials appear online, that's something that can really be grown by the community over time. :ix:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:13 pm 

dunno if it's been asked for before, but custom droid pathing. Currently hummingbirds just fall to their doom without something beneath them, so pathing that makes them not do that would be nice, and something for droids to return to if they wander off after chasing something.

Semi-Official discord server (will be full official when i mail kewn some gold star stickers)
https://discord.gg/0yByU7DBHdJLagVU

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:40 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Kailler wrote:
dunno if it's been asked for before, but custom droid pathing. Currently hummingbirds just fall to their doom without something beneath them, so pathing that makes them not do that would be nice, and something for droids to return to if they wander off after chasing something.

This is something you'll be able to fix yourself once the AI editor is added (this is planned for 3.5 so it's coming soon). I guess it's too hardcore for some but people could also make new droid AI and share that online for others to use in their mods.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:14 am 

Joost wrote:
Kailler wrote:

This is something you'll be able to fix yourself once the AI editor is added (this is planned for 3.5 so it's coming soon). I guess it's too hardcore for some but people could also make new droid AI and share that online for others to use in their mods.

Good to hear. The only thing left to do on my map is droid pathing, cus currently hummingbirds just slowly drop in to the void upon leaving spawn :lolstar:

Semi-Official discord server (will be full official when i mail kewn some gold star stickers)
https://discord.gg/0yByU7DBHdJLagVU

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:56 pm 

It would be great to have some additional auto-fill tilesets to choose from, such as a nature-themed one based off Ribbit IV, or a temple based off Aiguillon.

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:36 am 

More of an interface option than anything, but can we have a way to delete maps from inside the game?

EDIT: So it turns out there isn't already a way to do this, which is annoying. The ability to reset player/droid spawns/positions/turret health etc. inside the editor would be helpful.

It kinda throws me off when I see characters around the map and I'd just like to be able to reset things so I can see how they turn out. This would be especially useful when placing new spawn points.

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:48 pm 

For the damage areas, since we can't make our own damage settings, can we get some kinda of damage multiplier and a debuff multiplier?

Also is there a way to make damage areas only effect neutral creeps? It seems like they can only ignore only one team and damage everything else. There should be a damage allies switch.

a button debugging tool that shows lines between buttons and what they are effecting would be nice.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:25 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Beta 2 just went live, with a LOT of tweaks and improvements to the map editor :ayla:

beta 2 patch notes

10000370 wrote:
For the damage areas, since we can't make our own damage settings, can we get some kinda of damage multiplier and a debuff multiplier?

Also is there a way to make damage areas only effect neutral creeps? It seems like they can only ignore only one team and damage everything else. There should be a damage allies switch.

The new AffectArea object is a lot more controllable than DamageAreas, you can do most of what you ask with that. You won't need to refer to unknown DamageSettings in that.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next