Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Post subject: Re: Modding feature requests
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:32 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Note that in the short term our tech team is focussing on a bunch of other unannounced (but awesome) things, so there probably won't be any big additions to the modding tools for a few months. Just bugfixes and maybe some small improvements here and there. I don't think that's a problem though since there's still an enormous wealth of modding possibilities already available, including lots of neat tricks that no one has used yet, especially through AI modding.

I'll leave this topic stickied in the meanwhile since the suggestions made here will be great once we have more time to work on modding features, so keep the suggestions coming. :-)

Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:36 pm 

I really love the upgrades you guys added for the level editor, but I kinda hope you guys will add some more upgrade types to it. These are suggestions for more 'subtle' level editor effects you guys can add to the editor for the purposes of AI/Level Editing and designing NPC Enemies.

• LevelBoss - Basically this upgrade increases the amount of max health a character has, it can be used to make a droid, creep or naut more durable.
  • LevelCreepify - This upgrade is the opposite, reducing the amount of health a character has, as well as (optionally) reducing their damage.
  • LevelLowSolar - This upgrade reduces the amount of solar the character drops when they die.
  • LevelNoTeamSolar - This upgrade applies mostly for enemy nauts, it completely negates the payout to allied team when that enemy dies.
  • LevelDoubleSolar - This upgrade is the opposite of LevelLowSolar, doubling the amount of solar a character drops when they're killed.
  • LevelImmunity - Makes the affected character completely immune to all forms of crowd control. (excluding time)
  • Level<CC>Immunity - Makes the affected character immune to a certain type of crowd control effect. Could just be for Stun/Snare/Blind/Slow/Silence effects for a start.
  • LevelTimeImmunity- Makes the affected character unaffected by time-based effects.
  • LevelDeathImmunity - Character can take damage but his health cannot be reduced below 1.

These are some suggestions I would love to see in future versions of Awesomenauts.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:23 pm 

The editor is a lot of fun and it's possible to do a LOT of things specially since we have the AI editor but there's one thing I didn't find a workaround for: being able to "attach" a custom texture to a nauts / creep. We can already do this with animations (in the AI editor) so I wonder if it would take a lot of time to implement.
Also being able to hide the base / turret (but keeping the health bar visible) would be really cool for creating bosses.

Replay finder

More tools here!

:tongue: :party:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:31 am 

Is there any way you can allow obstacles to be rotated? I would like to be able to have some subtle inclines in my map and there doesn't appear to be a way to do that or would that have an effect on droids, creeps and bots?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:13 pm 

It would be a lot of work but I think it would be cool if parties could be invited into the level editor. That way, collaborating on level design become A LOT easier.

Just a bit of a radical idea.

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think:

Winner of the Awesomenauts Guide Contest

Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:07 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Blatoy wrote:
... being able to "attach" a custom texture to a nauts / creep. We can already do this with animations (in the AI editor) so I wonder if it would take a lot of time to implement. ...

Can't you do that through AI already? I think AI can create an animation that's attached to the character.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:29 pm 

the ability to choose what naut you spawn as or at least influence it...

Took that long and that many suicides to get the right naut...

Semi-Official discord server (will be full official when i mail kewn some gold star stickers)
https://discord.gg/0yByU7DBHdJLagVU

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:21 am 

Hey Joost will we ever be able to assign custom textures and sizes to critters. Or maybe make our own?

My steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/yolvenzind

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:52 pm 

Joost wrote:
Can't you do that through AI already? I think AI can create an animation that's attached to the character.

Yes you can attach animations with AI but not textures and since we don't have access to the animation editor we can only use built in animation.

It would be amazing to be able to attach textures because it would allow us to create "custom" creep / item that are able to move in the way we want.

Replay finder

More tools here!

:tongue: :party:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:11 pm 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
Can we get an option for affect areas to work on nauts or summons seperatly so I can give nauts a speedboost without also making the droids faster?

I'd also be nice to be able to change the strength of some effects in the affect area.

Also, please give us more options with pickups, they have a lot of potencial but the way they're now, they're just useless. Can we also get the pickup effects added to the affect area because that would create so many possibilities.

And lastly, can we get an option to make affect area's immume to BKM?

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next