Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post subject: Re: Modding feature requests
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:08 pm 

Ability to increase the height of the minimap.

Currently my whole map can't fit into the minimap since I can't increase the height. It would look weird even if I could increase it (since it would be squished) but atleast you'd get all the info about the map.

Cool videos.
I stream. Sometimes.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:34 am 
Ronimo Team Member

In case anyone wonders whether I read what I don't reply to specifically: I'm keeping a list of all the things being requested here, and all the ideas being suggested for modding here in the office. It's a really long list already and I hope we can get around to making a lot of that in future updates. In the meanwhile, the next big Awesomenauts update will contain a bunch of small features and improvements to the map editor.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:56 pm 

Speaking of small improvement I would really love the following shortcuts to be added:
AI editor:
- enter to validate the settings window
- escape to close it

AI debugger:
- ctrl + del to reload and then kill the selected AI

Replay finder

More tools here!

:tongue: :party:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:57 pm 

A few requests/suggestions:
Power adjustment options for Speedup, damageBuff, and damageDebuff on AffectAreas.

A Soundblock object that allows us to place sounds in our map (from all the current ingame sounds), or link them to a button to have them go off at certain times, with options to adjust them as well. (And later even the option to use custom sounds?)

Angle adjustment and mirrorX options for Texture2.

Team_None droid textures. (Like what the Team_None Turrets have.)

And a mirrorX option for Turrets.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:24 am 

tolkki wrote:
Ability to increase the height of the minimap.

Currently my whole map can't fit into the minimap since I can't increase the height. It would look weird even if I could increase it (since it would be squished) but atleast you'd get all the info about the map.

Continuing on this:
Ability to have the minimap be made from two different areas. What I mean with that is that if you had area A in the left side of the map and area B in the right side with a really long distance in between. You could then put minimap area 1 around area A and minimap area 2 on B so that it would show both A and B in the minimap (either one being above the other or one of the right side and one on the left in the minimap screen) instead of only either or.

Cool videos.
I stream. Sometimes.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:46 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Although the next update won't specifically focus on extending modding, we've already sneaked in a full page worth of smaller modding tweaks, fixes and improvements, so I think the next update will be pretty nice for modders. :ayla:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:14 pm 

Joost wrote:
Although the next update won't specifically focus on extending modding, we've already sneaked in a full page worth of smaller modding tweaks, fixes and improvements, so I think the next update will be pretty nice for modders. :ayla:

Good! I haven't gotten around to making anything yet, but I'm really happy that you guys have been working to make this game more mod friendly, and the level editor/steam workshop support was a huge leap.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:34 pm 

I want to play around with the Droppods actually, I have some nice ideas and it's something that had 0 variation so far.

However, not exposing important variables make any mod impossible, not even in a hacky way.
I'd be very happy if, in order of priority:

-Buttons could differentiate if a Player is in a Droppod or already playing. (Ex: adding bools for "pressableByTeamOneDroppod" and "pressableByTeamZeroDroppod")
-Define an area that, if touched by a Droppod, would spawn the Player there. (Instead of constrained to a fixed Y value). If it can also happen by any collision with an Obstacle/Player, even better.
I believe at this moment it's determined by a magic number in the code.
(Or might be that I don't understand how "DroppodLandingArea" works, could you explain please? Touching respawnCollisionHeight doesn't change where they appear for me)
-We could define how far to the left and right a player controlled Droppod can go. I think at this moment it's a magic number based on the position of the DroppodLauncher.
-Pickups could affect the Droppod (example, speed boost to fall faster).
-Make Droppod Players be able to appear in the minimap, if it isn't a thing yet.

Thank you for listening, I know Droppod mods are a niche thing but, as said, it's an aspect that has never changed so I see potential surprises there. :)

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:48 am 

Just a small request I'd like after my mistakes.

Could you add either some sort of ingame delete button to maps and mods (possibly with a warning for mods) or preserve a local copy of maps you make into mods?
Just tried out my map inside a mod (So that I can check if the match start stuff works and looks good) and upon deletion I realized that the mod had taken my local copy of the map with it. Unfortunately not even file recovery software immediately following the incident could recover the files so I lost an entire map that was quite far into development which naturally infuriated me quite a bit. I'm over it now but for futures sake I'd like some sort of failsafe for these sorts of situations. (Alternatively allowing us to take local maps into practice might help too)

Cheers.

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:06 am 
Ronimo Team Member

We've just released Update 4.0.2, which contains a small thingy for modders as well:
-StartCameraSequence now plays the camera movement much more smoothly.
Complete patch notes

@FearJudge:
Argh, that sucks. :( One of the things on our wishlist for modding is autobackup, that would have solved your problem and would also be great for other issues, like accidentally deleting stuff from your level and pressing save, or accidentally quitting without saving. I hope we can get around to adding autobackup at some point.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next