Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post subject: Re: Modding feature requests
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:40 am 

hurleybird wrote:
Another thing I've noticed: You can't seem to call executeBehaviourTree from a behaviour file associated with a map on another behaviour file associated to the same map.

To import custom AI files using the executeBehaviourTree , you need to put "(mod) file-name" (without the .xml) instead of the file name.

Replay finder

More tools here!

:tongue: :party:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:47 pm 

Ah, I tried mod, but not in round brackets.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:00 pm 

I assume it's a dev feature we saw in the streamisho today but it would be really cool to be able to change the team of a player using affectArea :redcheer:

Also the SwitchToClass is so cool, working on a droid vs droid map right now!

Replay finder

More tools here!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:19 am 

Blatoy wrote:
I assume it's a dev feature we saw in the streamisho today but it would be really cool to be able to change the team of a player using affectArea

At the moment you can remove/change the TeamZero and TeamOne upgrades on players via AI triggers. Not quite sure if it does much or anything though; maybe theyre for some interaction checks in other game logic. I believe the upgrade is given elsewhere through a isFromTeam query so the actual team state is stored in another location i presume. Only tested shortly one time but it didnt actually switch me then or after respawn.

A couple things im pining for are:
changing keybinds--hate decrementing a value instead of clearing it when i press the wrong key. Also feel so wrong when i cant put hotkeys on mouse 4+5 because theyre such convenient keys.

Maybe a prefab system wherein multiple level objects can be pasted arbitrarily while retaining relative positions. Could just be saved favorites of your own common configurations stored in the editor, or some workshop integration wherein you can subscribe to marked prefabs and have them later appear while editing your own map as place-ables.

Maybe a 'restart on same map/preset' menu item in the map editor. The ui for loading up maps is honestly tedious and painful

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:43 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

stev wrote:
Maybe a prefab system wherein multiple level objects can be pasted arbitrarily while retaining relative positions. Could just be saved favorites of your own common configurations stored in the editor, or some workshop integration wherein you can subscribe to marked prefabs and have them later appear while editing your own map as place-ables. ...

Hmm, that's an interesting idea, hadn't even thought of that yet. If we would add the animation editor this would be possible for graphics: the things you put in Animation objects are basically prefabs as well. That wouldn't work for gameplay objects though. Are you also looking for this for gameplay objects, or mostly just for textures/particles/texts/sounds?

Blatoy wrote:
I assume it's a dev feature we saw in the streamisho today but it would be really cool to be able to change the team of a player using affectArea :redcheer:

Also the SwitchToClass is so cool, working on a droid vs droid map right now!

I'm really looking forward to seeing everything you guys come up with for the SwitchToClass feature, droid vs droid sounds pretty amazing! :scoop:

SwitchTeam through AffectArea would be absolutely amazing: it would even allow 6 player coop! That's especially interesting in combination with increasing the number of Naut types that can be in a match to beyond the current 7. I had already been thinking about that option but I'm pretty scared of all the problems it will give. I hope to get around to trying it soon and see how broken it really is. If I'm lucky it's not too much work to fix the worst stuff and release it, but I can't promise anything there. since it's a real hornets nest of a feature. :jimmy:

conorbebe wrote:
I've just discovered that on low background graphics, the Ribbit IV background will show on custom maps, even if you don't intend it to. This means that for maps which purposefully have no background, or have a very contrasting art direction to Ribbit, this can really ruin immersion.

In my opinion, low graphics settings should have a blank black background by default in custom maps, or have an option to change what background appears in the map general settings.

Is this a somewhat older map? This is a problem I fixed a while ago, but only for newly created maps. It can easily by fixed for existing maps though: just start the map in the map editor on Low backgrounds quality and delete those huge textures. They are hidden on other graphics qualities but are stored in the level until you delete them on Low.

KidaFeru wrote:
Both a request and a question, why are some of the base textures missing from the Texture editor? Talking about stuff like this:

We don't see this anywhere, and the closest we have are 2 or 3 textures that look like them, but it's impossible to rebuild the whole thing. Same goes about the top part of the base.
Might it be possible to add them back or at least get the textures so we can add them as custom?

Those textures are cut into a million pieces by the engine. They're not in a usable state separately, that's why they're not available to modders. For example, AI Station 205 is split into 514 small textures with seemingly random seams... The original files have less seams, but they're several gigabytes for all the levels combined.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:11 am 

I would like to have more custom games settings, so we can create more game modes without the need to use AI Editor, eg.:

- less constraits on custom values in general (eg. more Speedup than x2 etc)
- cooldown multiplier (why is this missing?)
- option to lock certain nauts (eg. to force all player to play frog)
- option to create asymmetry games (eg. to create a 3 vs. 1 Game, where the 1 Player is super buffed)

Btw. Thank you Joost for all the great work you do at Ronimo for the past years. Your coding skills are very impressive. Keep it up! :thumb:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:36 pm 

G-Dov wrote:
I would like to have more custom games settings, so we can create more game modes without the need to use AI Editor, eg.:

- less constraits on custom values in general (eg. more Speedup than x2 etc)

Apparently if you manually edit the custom game file you can achieve this. (http://awesomenauts.com/forum/viewtopic ... 98#p708198)

G-Dov wrote:
- cooldown multiplier (why is this missing?)

If you can use AffectArea there's a workaround if you want to reduce it
Code:
[quote="Gamepedia"]
List of useful custom upgradesToGive
LevelAttackspeed   Increases attackspeed by 25%
LevelCooldownReduction   Reduces cooldowns by 75%
BotLevel2   Reduces cooldowns by 10%
BotLevel3   Reduces cooldowns by 15%
BotLevel4   Reduces cooldown by 20%

G-Dov wrote:
- option to lock certain nauts (eg. to force all player to play frog)

You will be able to force player playing a certain naut using AffectArea in the next patch, but it would indeed be cool to be able to lock nauts
G-Dov wrote:
- option to create asymmetry games (eg. to create a 3 vs. 1 Game, where the 1 Player is super buffed)

It's possible to give effects to only one team using AffectAreas.

Replay finder

More tools here!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:50 pm 

Quote:
It's possible to give effects to only one team using AffectAreas.

I just wanted to have these features with custom games settings, so they are independent of a certain map. But yeah, there are a bunch of workarounds I see. :worship:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:19 pm 

Joost wrote:
Is this a somewhat older map? This is a problem I fixed a while ago, but only for newly created maps. It can easily by fixed for existing maps though: just start the map in the map editor on Low backgrounds quality and delete those huge textures. They are hidden on other graphics qualities but are stored in the level until you delete them on Low.

Thank you, this seemed to solve the problem. Apologies for my incompetence.

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:56 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Here are a couple of small improvements and features that will be in 4.2 beta 2, coming somewhere next week:

-Added an option to Button to only react to a specific character class.
-Added an option to the AIDebugger (the F4 editor) to view detailed events about character gameplay. There is also an option to filter these events and to show them only for the selected character.
-Fixed a crash when using the WriteToTextbox AI block in combination with zero respawn time or switchClass/switchTeam.
-Fixed that actions and conditions weren’t sorted alphabetically in the BehaviourCreator tool.
-Fixed that AffectAreas, JumpPads and Shops didn’t become invisible in the editor when the “Gameplay objects” group was hidden.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next