Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

Post subject: Re: Modding and map editor bug hub
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:49 pm 

Whenever a solar boss gets killed by a worm, it instantly respawns at the blue dropship. The original spawner will spawn a new solar boss like normal.

https://gfycat.com/PlasticEmptyDachshund

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:07 pm 

If you end a game on the map editor, it can take you out of the map you're editing on, and may throw you into the tutorial level. In most cases it seems to just crash if that happens.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:26 pm 

Joost wrote:
What happens exactly, and what would you expect to happen?

For example when I press "Z" while editing a field it writes "Y" also it's the same problem for shortcuts, if I press CTRL-Z nothing happens but if I press CTRL-Y it undo properly.

I also tested this with the french keyboard layout (AZERTY) and I get the same result, if I press "A" it writes "Q" and so on.
However I don't have this problem in other textbox like the global chat.

EDIT: Apparently messing with my keyboard layout fixed this, still it is strange because I'm sure it was only different in the map editor and changing the keyboard layout (windows + space) didn't affect the editor but the new layout was correctly applied elsewhere.

Joost wrote:
The playable area is grown dynamically as you add more Obstacles to make them fit all in, but it indeed only shrinks when you restart. Shrinking is only relevant if you're removing Obstacles though.

That's good to know, thanks!

Replay finder

More tools here!

:tongue: :party:

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:53 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

A couple more small things that will be in 3.5 beta 2:

Quote:
-Can now use Assets Browser on character classNames and aiFileNames (so you won’t need to look up online which exist).
-Fixed that CreepCreatorOnce added the text “Creep” to the creepType, limiting what classes it could spawn.
-Grid and snapping are now enabled by default (you can disable them using the buttons in the top-right of the map editor).
-All object types now start selectable (so you don’t need to click the checkboxes on the right before you can select a type), except NamedAreas.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:36 pm 

On this map: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=862690798 Other players can't see each other (can see bots fine). Only the host can interact with the buttons. Any ideas what might be happening?

Pick red team. Blue team is locked in a box and is unimportant.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:03 pm 

Seems I can't make platforms TDM only, the graphic will stay there in the normal match but it wont have any collisions, and disabling the glass platform graphic of course makes in invisible in normal play, but so in TDM.

Also to those responding to my "how can I fix this"... I had a typo and the bots couldn't find the node, and they'd just be stuck in that corner, mb.

Chirimorin wrote:
Whenever a solar boss gets killed by a worm, it instantly respawns at the blue dropship. The original spawner will spawn a new solar boss like normal.

Check if the CreepSpawnerRepeater has the"creepRespawnable" option enabled. Just disable it, that's what causes them to spawn there. (had this same problem myself, fixed it like that)

I'm more likely to check on Steam Discussions than here, so if
there's something urgent be sure to report it there.

Yeah, I'm gay

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:22 pm 

KidaFeru wrote:
Chirimorin wrote:

Check if the CreepSpawnerRepeater has the"creepRespawnable" option enabled. Just disable it, that's what causes them to spawn there. (had this same problem myself, fixed it like that)

Ah yes, that seems to be it. Didn't expect that to be an option and I looked over it. I suggest that the default of that option is changed to disabled.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:30 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Chirimorin wrote:
Ah yes, that seems to be it. Didn't expect that to be an option and I looked over it. I suggest that the default of that option is changed to disabled.

I didn't know about that option either, I guess it's used in the tutorial to make the enemy Lonestar come back after he's killed. I agree that the default should be off for that setting, since it's rather confusing.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:48 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Hmm, now that I've looked into this: I checked and it seems like "creepRespawnable" is off by default. Are you sure you didn't enable that yourself? Can anyone confirm that it's indeed off when you place a new spawner?

Lol: Chirimorin is doing an internship at Ronimo right now as a coder, so it's kind of hilarious to talk about modding to him on the forums. He was literally sitting 2 meters from my desk today. :chew:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:49 pm 

Joost wrote:
Can anyone confirm that it's indeed off when you place a new spawner?

It is indeed off by default, but it seems people often enable it cause they think it's something related to making the creep respawn again in the CreepSpawner, not respawn in the blue base like it does.

I'm more likely to check on Steam Discussions than here, so if
there's something urgent be sure to report it there.

Yeah, I'm gay

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next