Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

Post subject: Re: Modding and map editor bug hub
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:41 pm 

BurkusCat wrote:
On this map: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=862690798 Other players can't see each other (can see bots fine). Only the host can interact with the buttons. Any ideas what might be happening?

Pick red team. Blue team is locked in a box and is unimportant.

I think this is caused by building in negative coordinates or outside of the camera boundary. I moved the map over to the right and it worked but now the right side has the problem where player characters get stuck for each other past a certain point. Thought it might be the camera boundaries causing it but it breaks at the same point in the map over to the right.

So in between a certain point between the left side and right side of the map everything works perfectly. But beyond that range multiplayer characters cannot walk past, they just get stuck (but they see themselves moving past that point). Anyone other than the host cannot interact with buttons beyond this point.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:01 am 

When I try to publish my mod It fails and ask me to try again, in my workshop I have an empty workshop item? It shows a file size of 0.
I am running on Ubuntu if this makes a difference, is there a way for me to fix this?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:30 am 

Not being able to publish on Linux is a known bug, which has been fixed for the upcoming beta 2 :raehands:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:10 pm 

Buttons controlling obstacle animation is really laggy for anyone that isn't host. The animation is jumpy at low button reaction times and it can feel like you are falling through/off. To the host, it looks like other players are phasing through platforms. Regular duration animation of obstacles is fine.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:04 pm 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
You can't paste AffectArea's, when you press ctrl V nothing shows up.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:16 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

vmar98 wrote:
You can't paste AffectArea's, when you press ctrl V nothing shows up.

Yeah this is broken in the current beta, I found and fixed that one just after the build was ready so the fix won't make it to modders until beta 3. :( It actually does copy them, but places them in the wrong position. You probably have a couple of AffectAreas in random positions in your map now...

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:42 pm 

When I first create a map, everything works fine. But if I then quit the game and restart, the map I just made instantly kills all the characters in it.

Any idea's on why this keeps happening? Its really annoying! :D (I did manage to create a nice money shower this way though ;) )

(EDIT: It only happens in the first map from the list)
(EDIT: I noticed that when I spawn creatures using the CreepSpawnRepeater it will spawn them without textures. Am I doing something wrong or is the editor failing me here? I've filled in the CreeptypeToSpawn as well as the aiFileName.)

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:35 pm 

I've been trying to make a Payload map, but when I set the end position of the moving object to a distance superior than 2+ or so from the start position, the object moves WAY too quickly, no matter the animation time I input. Is this a bug? Could it be possible to add actual object movement, instead of only animating it, by that I mean, could there be a way to move the object until a certain point and make it stop while the connected button is unpressed.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:43 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Syraleaf wrote:
When I first create a map, everything works fine. But if I then quit the game and restart, the map I just made instantly kills all the characters in it.

Any idea's on why this keeps happening? Its really annoying! :D (I did manage to create a nice money shower this way though ;) )

(EDIT: It only happens in the first map from the list) ...

There is a rectangular area around the level and if you go outside that, you die. The area is defined by the Obstacles in the level: it exactly encompasses all of them.

What probably happens is that you try to spawn at the top of the highest Obstacle in the level. The solution is to put an Obstacle above that to grow the rectangular area.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:03 pm 

Thanks! That solved the issue I was having :)

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next