Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post subject: Re: Modding and map editor bug hub
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:01 pm 

I lost all my walls and backgrounds. The spawns are deleted as well. This happened after I restarted the editor.

I did notice more and more minor bugs showing up before doing so. Is there any way I can restore my map? I spend quite some time on it :( :GnawCry:
(Such as boxes no longer following the grid, AI creatures stopping to walk, Splitter AI combined with crab can stop walking and turns immortal, Esc would open the menu & go back to the game, copy paste didnt work anymore)

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:00 am 

One animation is located in the textures instead of animations, and only displays the spritesheet when you try to use it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN7TPHo ... xz&index=6

Cool videos.
I stream. Sometimes.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:40 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Burningdillo wrote:
Joost wrote:
Burningdillo wrote:
So... I'm pretty sure this is not what the textures menu thing is supposed to be like
It does let me pick stuff and closes if I double click one of the icons but still, it makes it very hard to use it :jimmy:

Looks like videocard driver problems. Could you switch between DirectX and OpenGL? Does it look like this in both? What kind of videocard do you have exactly? Are you on Windows?

I use DirectX, tried using OpenGL but then the main menu doesn't show up, so I can't really get into the level editor. Yep, it's that bad.
Well I dunno what videocard I have but it's definitely not a good one
And yes, I have Windows 7

That definitely sounds like wonky videocard drivers. You should download the latest from the nvidia/amd/intel website, depending on what videocard you have.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:47 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Syraleaf wrote:
I lost all my walls and backgrounds. The spawns are deleted as well. This happened after I restarted the editor.

I did notice more and more minor bugs showing up before doing so. Is there any way I can restore my map? I spend quite some time on it :( :GnawCry:
(Such as boxes no longer following the grid, AI creatures stopping to walk, Splitter AI combined with crab can stop walking and turns immortal, Esc would open the menu & go back to the game, copy paste didnt work anymore)

Did you already publish it? If so you can just copy the published version to your Own Mods folder to continue editing it. If not: I don't think the backup feature actually works for modders at the moment unfortunately, but not entirely sure so you could check whether there is anything in the backup subfolder in the modding folder.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:54 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

tolkki wrote:
One animation is located in the textures instead of animations, and only displays the spritesheet when you try to use it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN7TPHo ... xz&index=6

Spritesheet animations are technically textures, that's why it is shown there. However when used in a Texture object you can't switch which animation from the spritesheet plays, so it always plays the animation named Default. The spritesheet you selected has only one animation in it but it has a different name that you currently can't access. Pretty limiting as it is now unfortunately. It makes more sense in combination with the Animation Editor but that's not available to modders yet.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:18 pm 

Joost wrote:
It makes more sense in combination with the Animation Editor but that's not available to modders yet.

Animation Editor Confirmed!?
:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

[/ReadingTooDeeplyIntoJoostsComments]

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:31 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

We're not making any promises on possible future modding features.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:53 am 

I have 2 bugs that are crashing my game.

First, during map creation whenever I click on any field that has a folder option (like a texture, or an AI type, etc), my game crashes. I'm running windows 7 64 bit. Not sure what might be causing this since it doesn't seem to be a problem for other people?

Second, my map: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=881529564 seems to have about a 50% chance of crashing a player's game when they try to join. I have no idea why, so maybe someone better at the map editor can take a look at it?

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:45 am 
Ronimo Team Member

That crash in the editor sounds like a videocard driver problem. What videocard do you have exactly? You could try switching between DirectX and OpenGL, or better: download and install the latest videocard drivers.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:50 am 

Joost wrote:
That crash in the editor sounds like a videocard driver problem. What videocard do you have exactly? You could try switching between DirectX and OpenGL, or better: download and install the latest videocard drivers.

GTX 660. I'll try those to see if it resolves the problem. I figured it would probably be on my end.
(edit - running in directx allowed me to use the browser. Sweet!)

Any idea on why a map would cause other people to crash?

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next