Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post subject: Re: Modding and map editor bug hub
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:35 pm 

Don't know if this has been reported or not but there's a really fast moving box in my map for some reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcSZqRAXeLc
Have no idea on what it does (other than distract me).

Cool videos.
I stream. Sometimes.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:29 am 

redria7 wrote:
Joost wrote:
That crash in the editor sounds like a videocard driver problem. What videocard do you have exactly? You could try switching between DirectX and OpenGL, or better: download and install the latest videocard drivers.

GTX 660. I'll try those to see if it resolves the problem. I figured it would probably be on my end.
(edit - running in directx allowed me to use the browser. Sweet!)

Any idea on why a map would cause other people to crash?

Since apparently the ability to create a map that crashes everyone out of the game isn't worth investigating (or I should have sent a bug report email? dunno), I poked around and I think I figured it out.

- Place a neutral turret
- Create platforms just above and below the turret. These are normal platforms - they do not allow any passthrough, and will not allow bullets.
- Create walls just left and right of the turret. These are like normal walls, but they allow type "TURRET" to pass through (like a glass platform would).

This results in what looks like a boxed in turret, except bullets will shoot out the sides. Also it crashes your game around 50% of the time when you try to do anything.

So don't do that.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:34 pm 

tolkki wrote:
Don't know if this has been reported or not but there's a really fast moving box in my map for some reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcSZqRAXeLc
Have no idea on what it does (other than distract me).

that's EXTRALIFE1 and EXTRALIFE2, it's in all premade maps. I asked fish about this and apparently it's tied to turrets in some way. It does nothing but if you really care just zoom out miles, hide all named areas you want to keep then highlight a huge area.

Semi-Official discord server (will be full official when i mail kewn some gold star stickers)
https://discord.gg/0yByU7DBHdJLagVU

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:36 pm 

Lots of the givecustomupgrade choices don't work, for example none of the ally/enemy based upgrades seem to proc from creepspawnerrepeater spawned allies or enemy nauts or scoop's heal over time on bindings. As well as this, duplicated creepspawnerrepeaters don't start producing any creeps until the map is reloaded, same with created ones. It may be because i'm spawning droids but either way it's incredibly annoying, especially when you need a specific naut and you're on randomnauts to get it.

Semi-Official discord server (will be full official when i mail kewn some gold star stickers)

Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:21 pm 

Kailler wrote:
Lots of the givecustomupgrade choices don't work, for example none of the ally/enemy based upgrades seem to proc from creepspawnerrepeater spawned allies or enemy nauts or scoop's heal over time on bindings. As well as this, duplicated creepspawnerrepeaters don't start producing any creeps until the map is reloaded, same with created ones. It may be because i'm spawning droids but either way it's incredibly annoying, especially when you need a specific naut and you're on randomnauts to get it.

i really hope this is fixed soon. I've no chance of winning first place because of the maps already having upvotes from before the competition started but i at least want a chance at an honourable mention, but i can't if these things aren't fixed :think:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:08 am 
Ronimo Team Member

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is that you're describing. A lot of upgrades only work on the specific characters they were made for. Is that what you're referring to? If so: that's not a bug, that's just how it works. Very few upgrades work on all characters.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:30 am 

Joost wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what the problem is that you're describing. A lot of upgrades only work on the specific characters they were made for. Is that what you're referring to? If so: that's not a bug, that's just how it works. Very few upgrades work on all characters.

No. I mean even on the character they're intended for. For example i used paladinaurahot and paladinaurahot2 and applied it while playing scoop, used bindings and got no heal over time. There were also a couple others i found didn't work, such as stage 2 hammer pants not working while stage 1 does. So even on the intended character the upgrade is not applied. As well as this, the problem with creepspawnerrepeater is that they aren't actually spawning things when they're first made. The map has to be reloaded to spawn them and even then it only spawns them once and never again when they die even though they're supposed to spawn every two seconds.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:23 am 

JoJodestructor19 wrote:
Joost wrote:

No. I mean even on the character they're intended for. For example i used paladinaurahot and paladinaurahot2 and applied it while playing scoop, used bindings and got no heal over time. There were also a couple others i found didn't work, such as stage 2 hammer pants not working while stage 1 does. So even on the intended character the upgrade is not applied. As well as this, the problem with creepspawnerrepeater is that they aren't actually spawning things when they're first made. The map has to be reloaded to spawn them and even then it only spawns them once and never again when they die even though they're supposed to spawn every two seconds.

i think she's trying to say that anyway. I have the same bug on my map too but with the clover upgrade.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:37 am 

testing more, i found another one that doesn't work. Chameleonstealthexplode2 doesn't work yet the first stage does. Me and kai's map will never be done with so many upgrades like this :GnawCry:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:00 am 

So, I made a backup of my map a while ago so I could try a few different ideas at the same time to figure out which ones I wanted to roll with.
Well I'm done with that now, so I removed the mod from the workshop and tried deleting the folder for the mod so it wouldn't be an option to select from ingame.

But, I keep getting denied with a message saying "You require permission from [ComputerNamehere/UserAccountNamehere] to make changes to this folder."
Even though I am using the Account it's saying I need to request permission from, it still gives me the same message.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next