Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: I need map help - droids and deleting textures
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:45 am 

the title

I don't get it. I only know how to make a map full of bouncers so far. But otherwise... I don't get it.

Last edited by Popcioslav on Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: So any basic tips for map editor?
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:51 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Anything in particular you're trying to figure out? Have you figured out how to place walls and turrets and bases and teleporters? You can already do a LOT with just those.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:02 am 

Joost wrote:
Anything in particular you're trying to figure out? Have you figured out how to place walls and turrets and bases and teleporters? You can already do a LOT with just those.

I know, I was going to make a maze map with teleporters with no droids and just walls and teleporters and the drill. One in a time experience of a race :D

So I guess I need help with teleporters.

Another one I wanted to make is Okeanos one, basically a three lane map with one turret on each side and bunch of hidden areas.

... that's for the start at least.

Turrets, terrain, teleporters and hidden areas.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:59 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Hope this helps then. :)

-Terrain consists of Obstacles. You can just create those and move them around and rescale them. Art is added automatically. This step of the basic tutorial shows how to make an Obstacle.

-Teleporters are also objects you can just place in the level. To do so, click the arrow next to "Obstacle" until you get to "Create Teleporter" and just click that to create one. When you have a teleporter selected you can see its properties on the right. To swap whether a teleporter is an entrance or an exit, change the "isEntrance" checkbox. If you have more than two teleporters in your level, you can link an entrance to a specific exit by typing the same name for both in the "teleporterID" field.

-Turrets are explained here.

-HideAreas are a bit more complex right now because default graphics for those don't exist yet. You can work around that for now by looking at how this was solved in the TemplateLanes map at the bottom (the spot with the leafs). The basic idea is that the leafs are just Textures and they are influenced by the HideArea through their "influencedName".

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:21 pm 

Thanks Joost, the entire thing got much much easier as I learned I could just use shortcuts and the cursor, but I don't mind finding and using things manually for later.

I still have some issues with the HideAreas so I'm sorry if the next question will be coming off as if I'm a dunce. How can you setup the texture so it disappears once you're in the hide area? Do I need to type "hidearea" in it's influenced name?

Also, it's not a tip, but I'm really wondering if it's possible to recreate the solar tree from Aiguillion's early prototype. Are the textures for it in the map editor? And so on and so forth.

Post subject: Re: I need map help - hidden areas and so forth
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:23 am 
Ronimo Team Member

HideAreas are quite impractical at the moment, they will get functional graphics automatically in beta 2 or beta 3. In the meanwhile: the Texture object needs to have its "influencedName" setting set to the "name" of the hideArea. So if you call the hideArea "banana", then you set the "influencedName" of the Texture to "Banana" as well.

I don't remember exactly what the Solar Tree on Aiguillon did. If I remember correctly it was just a bunch of solar pickups with a long respawn time and a high value? In that case it was probably just a bunch of Pickup objects with their type set to "FruitLvl2". These are all the currently existing Pickup types:

FruitLvl2
GoldBig
GoldSmall
HealthPack
StealthPowerup
Treasure

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:27 pm 

Thanks for the help regarding hidden areas, I think I got hang of everything, but two things.

Firstly, the droids. is there any tutorial to droid's spawn, movement and so on?

And secondly, this bush texture:
I've originally started working on my map using one of the templates, however I've replaced and redone most of it, except for that bush texture. I can't move it, I can't delete it, I can't select it, I don't know what to do with it.

Any help?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:54 pm 

Location: Massachusetts, where weather is as unpredictable as a laggy Clunk
Yo, if you have any specfic question about droid spawners hit me up on Steam, after making a three laned map, I've gotten quite used to messing around with them.

On your question on that leaf texture, I had the same problem. Make sure the checkboxes GFX Playground, playground front, gfx background and gfx painting is selectable. That should work

Also on hidden area, Yolv made this easy guide on it. It was really easy and helped me a lot, if you haven't already anyone reading this, you should check out his Hide and Seek Map

Dice emoticon when?
Random Dice leaderboard icon pleaaaaaase
Steam!

Post subject: Re: I need map help - droids and deleting textures
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:43 pm 

Thanks!