Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Aiguillon Pro v1
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:58 am 

Having tons of fun with this editor but I don't really have a plan for a complete map of my design yet, so I'm learning the ropes by sorting out kinks I really don't like in some of the current maps. The first map I decided to have a go at was aiguillon, partly because it's the least troubling map in my mind at the moment so changes I make won't be too difficult for me since I'm still learning.

MAP CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =863642495

Looking for feedback on changes made and any other issues people might have in mind!!

Changes to aiguillon so far:
Stealth orb is gone and replaced with a stationary glass platform with 7 respawning solar
Stealth orb is an unfair mechanic when it catches people off guard and promotes stalling in competitive by waiting the 30s behind turrets, needlessly wasting everyone's time. The respawning gold cube should still keep the area a high traffic area encouraging engagements.

Added turret collision on several glass platforms
This applies to the following platforms:
  • Behind the first top turret below the barrier
  • Above the hidden area above the bottom lane turrets. Hidden area itself still gets shot at
  • Behind the first bottom turret, underneath the hidden creep area

Extremely annoying random spots in the jungle that let turrets shoot at you don't make any sense and have been fixed.

Re-sized bottom lane ceiling to be more open. Bunker untouched and bouncers are still at the same height
Bottom lane on aig has always been a pretty gimmicky lane to die on imo. Opening it up a bit more to give better movement during combat will hopefully help it from being the death pit that it is. Bunker is untouched as it is a healthpack resource and should be more dangerous to approach.

Glass platform in the bottom hide areas above the turrets have been slightly lowered to allow every character in the game to jump into it

Increased strength of bottom lane bouncers so that characters without a midair jump (voltar, skree, swiggins) can cleanly get up to the top lane through one bounce use
The bouncer strength is not extreme enough that it's impossible to mid-air jump cancel to get access to the new middle platform.

Back top turret completely redesigned
Aig's top turret is extremely stally due to how easy it is to defend in a narrow corridor. Ribbit's back turret area has proven to be an exceptionally well designed area to fight in, so I've used that as a template and added an addiitonal healthpack that isn't contested by both teams. This change makes pushing top a lot easier - bottom turret is in a good spot when it comes to being able to push it down.

Moving platforms in the base and in aiguillon mid have been removed
The moving platforms in the mid area above the bouncers are now stationary.
The moving platform in the base was an annoyance that only served as an elevator for droids to reach the top lane. I've made a different method of getting droids to the top lane via a bouncer. This also prevents droids randomly stacking after combat happens in the base and also removes struggles of droids flopping around everywhere on moving platforms.
Droids bounce out into the little cornered indent and then go on their way.

Lemme know how it's looking so far. I've had one suggestion from someone about the hidden creep area being too good for the defending team being able to collapse those trying to push on the bottom but I'm a bit uncertain about this, would like some comments.

Last edited by Sam! on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:25 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [WIP] Aiguillon Pro
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:58 pm 

For the bottom lane section you might want the middle walls to be slightly below the bouncer so people can't just jump straight at the bouncer from the center.

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:02 pm 

I'll lose the stealth orb making the uniqueness of the map but w/e.

Everything you proposed is very good but :

Those platforms should be accessible to everyone.

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:29 am 

Good point on that one, I lowered the glass platforms a little and tested it out with all characters. Scoop for example can jump up there now. I got a couple kinks to work out like super droids spawning weirdly and figuring out how to change the background cause the bright pink throws me off a lot then I'll publish it.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:36 pm 

Glad I could help.

Just one last grip, could you screenshot the area I marked in green?

I want to verify something.

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:59 am 

Post subject: Re: Aiguillon Pro v1
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:35 am 

Published at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =863642495

For anyone willing to give it a go!

Post subject: Re: Aiguillon Pro v1
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:31 am 

Ah, and I though the way the wall were set in this place weren't well placed.

Once I have free time, I'll make an extended feedback about your map (I'll try reproducing pub's conditions in order to be sure about everything.

Dominik305 wrote:

CraftedNightmare wrote:
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote: