Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [WIP] AI 205 remake
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:04 am 

After 404, it's the turn of 205 to receive a rehaul.
Close to Starstorm in term of brokeness, I'll use this thread for very targeted information and feedbacks.
The search feature also managed to give me a few windows of possibility.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=38130

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=48446&p=687589&hilit=AI+205#p687589

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=44877&p=634277&hilit=AI+205#p634277

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43800&hilit=AI+205&start=10

Current changes

Moved the T2 top forward

Nearly suicidal to attack with the huge advantage defenders have in their area, moving the turret more in line with the wall will prevent stalling issue there.

Removed the trio-bouncers, added one bouncer under the first bottom glass-platform

This bouncer-fest give the defender too much facility on defending their T1/T2 spot while also making teamfights on this area obnoxious and uninsteresting (tough being related to the openess of the map). This single bouncer should still make their job about switching lane faster.

KNOWN ISSUE : bottom droids can accidentally jump on the bouncer if they jump too high.

Replaced the trio-bouncer with a team-sided creep inside a hidden area

Both are necessary to counteract the lack of hidden areas, the lack of team-sided sustain and the attack/defense period.

Update 2 : Jungle area

Moved the droid wave upward, replaced the free space under the middle obstacle with 1 or 2 or a solid wall

Tackling Snipe's presence, making the jungle relevant since it's now fused with the toplane by itself (an AI 404 treatment in short), and adding some hidden areas in order to incentive mid control

moved the middle creep on one of the/on the hidden area

the place where the creep was is going to be used by droids, moving it necessarily

Enlarged some glass platforms in order to allow droids to reach the old "jungle"

Those glass platform were too tiny at base in order to allow droids to jump in these.

KNOWN ISSUE : unless I reduce the final glass-platform they need to jump in, droids get stuck in the jungle

Enlarged a bit the obstacle between the inferno device and the toplane, glued the glass-platform onto this obstacle

Small QoL improvement.

Possible suggestion : add a solid wall here/hidden area here/not touching this place?

I actually need more detailled feedback about a jungle redesign and the bottom lane, leave a comment if you have any ideas.

check out my AI 404 "Pro"

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Last edited by Doppelganger on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: [WIP] AI 205 remake
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:22 am 

For me, the only part about 205 I don't like is the jungle. I made a very quick update to the map only changing the jungle: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=862571131

If one team is dominating the other then they have access to all 3 critters sending them further ahead. The main aspect of the change is to give the losing team an option to access 2 critters easily.

Not sure what your thoughts are on the jungle but this might give you some ideas.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:37 am 

BurkusCat wrote:
For me, the only part about 205 I don't like is the jungle. I made a very quick update to the map only changing the jungle: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=862571131

If one team is dominating the other then they have access to all 3 critters sending them further ahead. The main aspect of the change is to give the losing team an option to access 2 critters easily.

Not sure what your thoughts are on the jungle but this might give you some ideas.

Problem is that, opposed to the redesign of 404 I made (which include the jungle inside the gravity device and the toplane, as opposed to be strictly be pushed above the toplane), yours just solve the snowballing aspect (which I appreciate), but doesn't solve the litterally uninsteresting aspect of this jungle.
This is a good start tough.

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:02 am 

Updated the Op with some jungle changes

Quote:

Moved the droid wave upward, replaced the free space under the middle obstacle with 1 or 2 or a solid wall

Tackling Snipe's presence, making the jungle relevant since it's now fused with the toplane by itself (an AI 404 treatment in short), and adding some hidden areas in order to incentive mid control

moved the middle creep on one of the/on the hidden area

the place where the creep was is going to be used by droids, moving it necessarily

Enlarged some glass platforms in order to allow droids to reach the old "jungle"

Those glass platform were too tiny at base in order to allow droids to jump in these.

KNOWN ISSUE : unless I reduce the final glass-platform they need to jump in, droids get stuck in the jungle

Enlarged a bit the obstacle between the inferno device and the toplane, glued the glass-platform onto this obstacle

Small QoL improvement.

Possible suggestion : add a solid wall here/hidden area here/not touching this place?

Dominik305 wrote:

CraftedNightmare wrote:
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote: