Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Features coming in 3.5 beta 3
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:30 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I'll post some of the things that have already been finished for beta 3 here. These are not available to modders yet: they'll come available as soon as beta 3 actually launches. We haven't announced a date for beta 3 yet.

Post subject: Re: Features coming in 3.5 beta 3
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:31 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Some things that are already finished internally and will be in 3.5 beta 3:

Quote:
Map editor: gameplay and objects
-Added new Pickup types: DamageBuff and Speed.
-Added new options to AffectArea: DamageBuff, DamageDebuff and SpeedUp.
-AffectArea can now also give a specific upgrade to a player (like ShamanWallBuff1On). Use this at your own risk: future balance tweaks might change these!
-AffectAreas now automatically get particles to communicate what effect they have (this can be disabled).
-Renamed InstancedPickup to DroppodPickup since that better describes what it is (old InstancedPickup is automatically converted to this on start).
-Removed useless depth, scale and mirror settings from InstancedPickup/DroppodPickup.

Map editor: UI
-Fixed that copy/pasting AffectAreas would put them in the wrong position (often far outside the screen).
-Assets Browser now also works for DamageSettings (DamageArea), PickupSetting (Pickup), TurretType (Turret) and Upgrades (AffectArea). AI modders can also use that last one to see what upgrades exist.
-Added a little icon to indicate that a text field will open the Assets Browser when clicked.
-Added a button for mirroring over the middle of the level (this was already possible with the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+M, now it also has a button).
-Buttons now show a text with their name and current state.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:38 am 

Location: Massachusetts, where weather is as unpredictable as a laggy Clunk
I am very happy you are including more asset browsers as it simplifies the map maker so anyone can edit! :ayla:

Dice emoticon when?
Random Dice leaderboard icon pleaaaaaase
Steam!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:35 am 

Bacon Bomb wrote:
I am very happy you are including more asset browsers as it simplifies the map maker so anyone can edit! :ayla:

I was working on a list of the damage settings in the game, but I see that is gonna be rendered obsolete by this update.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:55 pm 

Very cool :thumb:

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:38 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Here's a couple more that will be in beta 3:

Quote:
-Added a button to cut Obstacles in two.
-Added a button to cut pieces out of Obstacles.
-Assets Browser now shows additional info in tooltips when browsing TurretTypes and DamageSettings.
-Greatly improved framerate while using Assets Browser in DirectX.

I saw DeadlyLampshade's post and realised that just listing the names of DamageSettings wouldn't be informative enough, that's why I've added the tooltips now. :ayla:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:36 am 

Joost wrote:
I saw DeadlyLampshade's post and realised that just listing the names of DamageSettings wouldn't be informative enough, that's why I've added the tooltips now. :ayla:

Great feature! Though to be honest, my listing was basically just the name of the setting and an explanation of what it was.

Honestly, it was rendered obsolete by AffectArea, which allowed you to do everything DamageArea's were able to do, but you didn't need the DamageSettings. Still, cool. :LeonWink:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:24 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Some more that will be in beta 3:

Quote:
-PlayerStartPositions can now be turned on and off by Buttons.
-Fixed that holding the cursor over the GUI in the AI Debugger (F4) would pause all AIs.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:32 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

And here are some bigger things that will be in beta 3. Beta 3 is coming somewhere early next week.

Quote:
NEW: Custom Game Presets in mods
You can now share your most awesome Custom Game Presets through Steam Workshop, or include the specific settings that your map should be played with.
-You can add one or more Custom Game Presets to your mod in the modding menu.
-Custom Game Presets are created in the Custom Game lobby, there’s no separate menu for this in the modding section.

NEW: AIs in mods
You can now include AIs in your mods. This let’s you make botpacks, or create crazy maps with custom bot behaviours. You can even make a manager bot that spawns other bots and controls buttons in the map.
-You can now include AIs in mods by saving them in the “Behaviours” folders of your mod.
-Such AIs will appear with “(mod)” in front of their name in the map editor.
-To override the standard bots with your own AI, create AI files with the classname and put them in the Behaviours folder, and then enable “Load modded AIs for bots” in the Custom Game Settings. The filenames need to start with “AIBot” and can have a description after an underscore, for example “AIBotDasher”, “AIBotCowboy” and “AIBotCowboy_defensive”.
-You can also create bots for Team Deathmatch this way.
-Bots can be part of a map, or can be a separate AI-pack. To create a botpack you must include a Custom Game Settings preset with your mod and players will need to select that preset in their match to use your bots.
-You can also attach an additional AI to human players using the extraAIToAddToPlayerCharacters setting in the LevelConfiguration object.
-The old BehavioursCustom folder is not used anymore, as it's replaced by the above system.

NEW: Tags on mods
You can now add tags to your mods, so that people can more easily find specific types of mods in the Steam Workshop browser. A single mod can have several tags. These are the available tags:
-AI
-Co-op
-Custom Game settings
-Deathmatch
-Feedback wanted
-Funmap
-Map
-MOBA
-Multiplayer
-Requires specific Naut(s)
-Single player
-Texturepack
-Work in progress

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:24 pm 

Joost wrote:

-You can also attach an additional AI to human players using the extraAIToAddToPlayerCharacters setting in the LevelConfiguration object.

:worship: Woot :worship: