Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Features coming in 3.5 beta 3
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:52 pm 

Are we getting the means to change shop items/prices? And maybe a way for changing how many Solar is gained over times/from kills as well as a way to drain solar from the player?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:37 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Gor Coron wrote:
Are we getting the means to change shop items/prices? And maybe a way for changing how many Solar is gained over times/from kills as well as a way to drain solar from the player?

There are already a bunch of solar settings in Custom Game settings, but I don't know from the top of my head which those are. You can also use AffectArea objects to give or take Solar over time from the player.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:38 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Some more that will be in beta 3:

Quote:
-Death zone is now visualised in the editor using thin red lines. (The death zone kills characters when they go beyond the furthest Obstacles.)
-Can now extend the death zone beyond the furthest Obstacles, using settings in the LevelConfiguration object.
-Fixed that death zone boundaries didn’t update when dragging Obstacles, only when changing their settings (they still don’t shrink during editing though, you need to restart the map for that).

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:59 am 
Ronimo Team Member

This will also be in beta 3:

Quote:
NEW in map editor: much more flexible Button object
Button got an overhaul with a lot of new options. Old Buttons still function as expected, and automatically change into the new one on load. New options:
-pressableByTeam[Zero/One/None]
-notPressableWhileTeam[Zero/One/None]OnIt
-minimumCharactersRequired
-maximumCharactersAllowed
-timeRequiredBeforeCountsAsPress
-timeToRemainPressedAfter
-Buttons now show a text with their name and current state.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:09 pm 

Good news! I can't wait to test the next beta.
Do you have any plan to implement something to switch character?

Replay finder

More tools here!

:tongue: :party:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:50 pm 

Location: Massachusetts, where weather is as unpredictable as a laggy Clunk
Blatoy wrote:

If you're talking about switching from Lonestar in map maker mode, I second.

It is quite annoying having to switch into a custom in case I want to test out if Ted can make that jump or to see if Clunk is too big for that hole.

Dice emoticon when?
Random Dice leaderboard icon pleaaaaaase
Steam!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:00 pm 

Bacon Bomb wrote:
Blatoy wrote:

If you're talking about switching from Lonestar in map maker mode, I second.

It is quite annoying having to switch into a custom in case I want to test out if Ted can make that jump or to see if Clunk is too big for that hole.

+1000

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:14 pm 

Joost wrote:
NEW: AIs in mods

With this coming as an option. Does this mean I can make it so only specific Nauts can be picked and used by bots on that map?
If I make only Lonestar, Clunk, Scoop bots for Red team and Coco, Sentry, Max bots for Blue team, will those be the only characters that appear for those teams?
Or if I only made 1 bot for each team, would it spawn 'broken' bots if I had my custom setttings set to 3 bots per team?

Can't wait for the next beta, I need to use so many of these new options! :P

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:26 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

RoachCake wrote:
... With this coming as an option. Does this mean I can make it so only specific Nauts can be picked and used by bots on that map?
If I make only Lonestar, Clunk, Scoop bots for Red team and Coco, Sentry, Max bots for Blue team, will those be the only characters that appear for those teams?
Or if I only made 1 bot for each team, would it spawn 'broken' bots if I had my custom setttings set to 3 bots per team? ...

The game will start with the bots in your mod and then add standard bots until the teams are complete. You can't limit which bots appear depending on team. So if you set teamsize to 2 and you only add a Coco bot, then red team will be you and your Coco bot, while blue team will be your Coco bot and some random other bot.

If you want full control over what appears, you should disable bots altogether and spawn them using CreepCreatorRespawnable. The bots won't have a scoreboard entry then, but if I remember correctly that's the only difference.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:36 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

And the final batch for beta 3, including something that has been requested a LOT. :ix:

Beta 3 is coming early next week.

Quote:
NEW: Textures in mods
You can now add custom textures to your mods!
-To add a texture, save it in the Textures folder of your mod.
-Modded textures will appear in the texture browser with “(mod)” in front of their name.
-Only DDS files are supported. Requirements are that they don’t have mipmaps, that the texture resolution is a multiple of 4 and that the texture is saved as DXT1 or DXT5.

NEW: Replays now support mods
You can now spectate matches that were played with mods, both live and afterwards in a replay.
-You’ll need to set the camera boundaries in the LevelConfiguration object to let replays know where the camera can be.
-Mod replays only work for newly recorded replays.
-If the mod is modified after the replay was recorded, the replay might look odd (but will still work).
-Note that some of the more advanced mod uses might not show up correctly in replays, but the core gameplay and map should all be there.

-New option on Button objects: invertOnOff
-Fixed that glass platforms didn’t correctly react to the existIfArenaWallsDisabled/Enabled setting.
-Camera ranges for replays are now shown in the map editor (through thin yellow lines which are only visible when the grid is enabled or the LevelConfiguration object is selected).

From here on until the launch of 3.5 we're going to focus on fixing issues and polishing what's there, working towards the actual release of 3.5 in March. But first: beta 3 early next week, with all the features announced in this topic.