Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Multiple Influence Barrier
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:38 pm 

I've been recently toying around with the level editor and I have to say it's pretty neat.

I'm currently working on a map that has three lanes, with the middle lane having a team barrier that the opposing team must bring down by destroying one of the first turrets on either the top or bottom lane.

However, the first top and bottom turrets are also connected to barriers leading from the top lane into the middle and from the bottom lane to the middle respectively. I am currently trying to set it up so that the middle barrier will go down if either top or bottom turret is destroyed, whilst having those turrets effect their respective barriers as well.

(see image bellow for reference)

file:///C:/Users/luke/Pictures/Saved%20Pictures/2017-03-01_LI.jpg

What I would like to do is somehow tie both the bottom barrier (BB) and middle barrier (MB) to the bottom turret (BT), whilst also tying the middle barrier (MB) and the top barrier (TB) to the top turret (TT).

That way MB will go down if either TT or BT are destroyed. At the moment all I can think to do is have two middle barriers there, each one tied to either turret, which is no good because that will require both turrets to be destroyed before the middle lane opens up.

Any suggestions on how to make this work?

Post subject: Re: Multiple Influence Barrier
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:46 pm 

You have to make an OR Gate to get what you're describing.

Since objects can only react to 1 specific Button/InfluenceName, make both turrets do something on death that can to activate a single button that will disable the barrier.

What I would do is make a small room thats out of the main play area. (make sure it can't be hit by Ted Airstrikes) Inside of that room, place a button and 2 CreepSpawnerOnce. Set the button to control "MB." Set the Spawners to spawn a single creep when "TB" or "TT" is destroyed.(1 spawner for 1 turret) It doesn't matter which creep you use, as long as it can press a button. (i.e. not Sentry Beacons or Nibbs Orbs) (keep the AI Empty so it won't move around or despawn)

Once a turret is destroyed, a creep will spawn and hold the button keeping the barrier disabled.

Also, since Button/InfluenceName can effect multiple objects, you can keep "BT" set to "BB" and "TT" set to "TB" and every thing should still work

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:14 am 

Thanks for the suggestion. I've recently found another way of achieving this, which was placing buttons within the first towers of each lane, so that when the enemy team destroys either the Top Turret or Bottom Turret and walk past it, they'll activate the button and cause the Middle Barrier to drop. What do you think?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:53 am 

Lord_Dorfington wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I've recently found another way of achieving this, which was placing buttons within the first towers of each lane, so that when the enemy team destroys either the Top Turret or Bottom Turret and walk past it, they'll activate the button and cause the Middle Barrier to drop. What do you think?

At the very least do not propagate that ridiculous 'creeps and buttons' meme...

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:55 am 

The file name shared the hell out of me.

That's actually my name as well.