Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Technon Prime
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:11 pm 

I made a map and stuff.

Steam Workshop wrote:
Technon Prime, a planet teeming with advanced technology that seems to have been abandoned by its denizens for unknown reasons. Its machinery, however, is constantly running thanks to an advanced energy-solar recycling system - a system that the Awesomenauts are very anxious to figure out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map features (Technon Prime-a):
• The middle area features a speedup and slow effect to change up gameplay.
• Healing area on the bottom lane which regularly pulses healing to everyone in the area.
• Rainbow lasers on the top lane once the first turret has been destroyed.

In this mod, Technon Prime-b is also included as a map with the speedup/slow and lasers removed for a more competitive map. Use a for funsies, b for super cereal games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KNOWN ISSUES:
• The speedup and slow effects are supposed to be time slows, however there is currently no support for this in map editor.
• It's possible to get into the top droid chute if you time it correctly. Pro-tip: don't do this.
• Some color assets when the middle area changes take a little while to change.

Subscribe link

Feedback appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Technon Prime
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:57 pm 

Few things:
You can't see the drills/bases on the minimap. And there's a random red colored texture in Blue's base (Under the drill.) that looks out of place to me. (Since there's nothing like it in Red's base)

Other than that, the layout seems good, the Speed/Slow effect for mid is pretty awesome as is the heal area and rainbow blast room; I have a feeling most people will try to push through the heal room more than rainbow blast room though.

Overall, I like it; with a bit more work in some areas it could look even better with the textures moved around a bit to line up more.