Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Ezaelia Forest (v3.9)
 Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:08 am 

stev wrote:
i feel the white calls for a blood splatter effect when someone dies near it
That's probably outside the scope of what I can do, but it would be dope as heck :glasses:

All the landforms are covered up now, I just need to make a few more changes and the update will be ready to go live. Hopefully by this Saturday.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:19 am 

It looks like you're not alone... I wonder if there is some way to talk with him? :shrug:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:21 am 

Update 4.0 The immaculate Update is LIVE!!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:49 am 

Luckytime wrote:
Update 4.0 The immaculate Update is LIVE!!!!

:o, I'll have to try it out.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:27 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Immaculate?

Give me that Madonna-themed map anytime.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post subject: Re: Ezaelia Forest (v4.0)
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:39 pm 

There's so many cheesable locations, basically anywhere you can only take some bullets from the tower but others getting blocked is good. But this spot in particular cause there's two creeps.

Top Front seems fine, bottom front is fine, except you might be able to damage it by shooting the floor under it. Bottom back can be cheesed by the pits infront and behind it, same for top back. You can also cheese it with the location highlighted on the image.

The probability of it being used isn't great as you gotta line yourself up and you are still tanking a majority of the bullets but it's happening. For top-front maybe have a little lip, or just bring the platform forwards or turret back.

Also I didn't test it but it seems like some nauts might not be able to get out of the base if only top is destroyed. Mainly * jumper rae.

Flowers are too high for lil rocket to jump to as well apart from certain locations. Probably intended to make dead space in the arena but oh well I wanna use them cause there's not many cases I'd rather use them instead of just running since some of the escapes are narrow, which I like. It still feels open, especially on the top lane and you did a great job with that.

Would rate 1.5 Kethkars Courts/Kethkars Court. Will play again.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:55 pm 

Uiomancant wrote:
There's so many cheesable locations, basically anywhere you can only take some bullets from the tower but others getting blocked is good. But this spot in particular cause there's two creeps.
Woah, thanks for the heads up. I'm pretty sure I can fix those locations by making certain walls ignore turret bullets (the same way some platforms do) but I'll look into it.

Uiomancant wrote:
Also I didn't test it but it seems like some nauts might not be able to get out of the base if only top is destroyed. Mainly * jumper rae.
Yeah that's another thing I will look into. About the flowers, I made it so they're no longer the focus of the level because It felt too gimmicky. Never saw anyone use them much. :shrug:

Also, according to that screenshot, some of the textures look broken for you. Someone else said they couldn't see the background but I dismissed it as a cheeky joke. Are there more textures you aren't seeing? This level editor is crazy, I never know what's going to break next. :chucho:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:21 pm 

Luckytime wrote:
Also, according to that screenshot, some of the textures look broken for you. Someone else said they couldn't see the background but I dismissed it as a cheeky joke. Are there more textures you aren't seeing? This level editor is crazy, I never know what's going to break next. :chucho:

I can't see any back-ground stuff, I thought you had just not added it. The only thing I can see is the base background and the floors and obstacles really. I'll compile a bunch of spots in an edited post or something.

EDIT: I could really go for some black forest candy bars rn.
https://imgur.com/a/GCNncKA

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:42 am 

Uiomancant wrote:
I can't see any back-ground stuff, I thought you had just not added it. The only thing I can see is the base background and the floors and obstacles really. I'll compile a bunch of spots in an edited post or something.

EDIT: I could really go for some black forest candy bars rn.
https://imgur.com/a/GCNncKA

That's broken alright, it should look more like it does in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI6YQ1L86Xw I can see everything just fine on my machine, weird. Can anyone else confirm that this is happening?

It's possible that those textures are set to not show up on low-end machines. I don't have any idea yet what's going on.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:20 am 

I just got feedback from someone that they see the background as green, so it seems to be working for some people but not others? :huh:

EDIT: I got more reports of all the textures loading correctly. So it's not likely something I can control.