Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Map Editor | Announcer Declaring Droid Spawn Too Early
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:48 pm 

Greetings Fellow Awesomenaut fans, :chew:

Wabtfan here, trying to be brief for your reading courtesy. I am currently spending my free time working on an entry for the Map Contest, a remake of the Awesomenauts Convenience Store, it's gonna have custom textures and everything! :scoop: One small problem though, as soon as the game loads the annoucer declares the droids will spawn in five seconds. :think: Five seconds later the announcer states they have, even though that in fact happens thirty seconds later. I suspect it might have something to do with those mysterious Sign buttons that I don't know the purpose of, but place in my maps anyway, :sleep: you know the ones, SIGN_H, SIGN_D, etc. Can someone provide some illumination? I want this project to be top notch stuff, no kinks.

Post subject: Re: Map Editor | Announcer Declaring Droid Spawn Too Early
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:14 am 
Ronimo Team Member

hey wabt! I moved the topic to the modding subforum ^_^

to answer your question: the named areas (sign_H / Sign_D) are used to have the signs in the levels pop up (you know, the 'beware! Solar boss' signs). So you can remove them safely.
As for the droid counter - since apparently the announcer isn't handled by the SpawnDroidwave object we gave you control over we're going to have to look into it. This means that you won't be able to fix this in time for the contest if you keep the non-standard droid spawn times. We should be able to fix this relatively soon after though!
I hope this answers your question.