Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Can't load modded AI's
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:07 pm 

I don't know if I'm just being an idiot or not, but ever since 4.0 I haven't been able to use modded AI's in my custom games.

I have read the changes to how modded bots are loaded (the files need to have "AIBot" instead of "Mod" in their names and they need to be put in the Behaviors folder instead of BehaviorsCustom) but I still can't get them to load for some reason.

Post subject: Re: Can't load modded AI's
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:17 pm 

I had the same problem. Basically you need to create new mod, put files in there in 'Behaviours' directory and then add map to the mod and play on that map with preset that loads modded AI. There is probably easier method but since this one worked for me I just gave up on looking.

Oh, and there is a problem with some small things: http://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=705480#p705480

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:47 pm 

Thanks! that worked. Though it is a bit clunky to do unfortunately, and you can only play as lonestar it seems (unless you publish the mod?).

It does seem a bit silly that you can't just enable modded bots to play with them. Hopefully Ronimo introduces a proper fix at some point.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:24 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Instead of adding a map it's easier to add a Custom Game Settings with Modded AIs enabled.

It's true that in the current version you can't play your mods with anyone else than Lonestar until you publish the mod. Being able to play with other characters is high on our wishlist for modding, since it's requested quite a lot.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:37 pm 

Wait, wait. How then I use that game setting? When I added it to the mod and then tried to run custom game with it it didn't work. I guess I need to check it again.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:25 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

This is how it works (a bit convoluted, I know, but it works):
-Start a Custom Game lobby
-Create a Custom Game preset with Modded AIs enabled, and save it as "Modded AIs"
-Create a new mod "AI Mod" without a map, and add those settings to it
-Put your AI files in the Behaviour folder of "AI Mod"
-Create a new map by copying Ribbit (or whatever map you want to test your bots on)
-Click play/edit on that copy of Ribbit, and select "Modded AIs" as the custom game settings

The result is that you now have two mods active simultaneously: one is the copy of Ribbit, the other is the custom game settings with the behaviour files.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:59 pm 

Basically everything like I explained excluding adding map. It just requires us to use "Mods" rather than "Custom game" like previously. Thanks, Joost for clearing it up!