Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Two issues with the new Class Change feature on AffectAreas
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:21 am 
Adminaut

The new AffectArea class change function is super fun on paper but has a few issues.

Firstly any bots that touch the class change instantly die but fail to change class, meaning they just enter the droppod again (to probably die again as well).

Secondly a large amount of non-player classes will time out and die due to their natural lifespan (example: Totem) or instantly die as a result of no parent (example: Voltar drones). I believe a special 'upgrade' that cancels lifetime caps and "parent checks" would be a great asset to increase our options in mod levels. We could simply apply it to the player and have them not die when they change into new classes.

Also changing to one of these classes and dying means you will return to the droppod as that class and die from your lifetime limit or lack of a parent while inside the droppod.

Post subject: Re: Two issues with the new Class Change feature on AffectAr
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:05 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I've testing swapping bot classes with AffectAreas and it only seems to fail if you try to swap a bot the same Naut as the player. This is because "Allow same Naut on team" is not enabled. If you enable that then it should work. If that doesn't fix it for you, could you provide me with reproduction steps on how exactly to make swapping a bot fail?

As for the classes with limited lifetimes: I've added that as a possible future feature to our modding wishlist.

By the way, I've fixed a few other issues with AffectAreas (fixes going live in 4.1 next Wednesday):
-Fixed that AffectAreas could turn Voltar Drones into Voltars, causing an infinite loop of creating more Voltars until the game crashed after a few seconds.
-Fixed that playing as DroidFlying or DroidSuper would show a white square in the skill dock at the bottom of the screen.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:33 am 
Adminaut

I will have to test the first issue when the new beta installs.

Good to hear the requested upgrade is being added to the pipeline though.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:14 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

FishmanDerp wrote:
... Good to hear the requested upgrade is being added to the pipeline though.

The list of modding feature requests is currently 117 items long. Items in that list range from hours to weeks of work to add, so in total it's a LOT. So being in that list isn't a guarantee that it actually gets done. I try to pick the maximum-bang-for-the-buck things and do those first.