Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 ... 161  Next

Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself (and/or Goodbyes)
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:41 am 

I just wanted to say that my brother left the house so I'm back from Awesomenauts break.
If anyone who was punished by soloq wants to be carried aka carry me, I'm offering such a thing :chucho:

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:44 pm 

:bluecheer: Hey guys! :redcheer:
So I've played Awesomenauts for a fair bit before but recently I got two friends to play with me and I've been playing much more consistently with them and its been a blast! :drone:

I've been stalking the forums since January-ish but now I've decided to come out into the light and join the forums community! I'm excited to talk/argue with you guys and stuff! :LeonWink:

Want to get better at: :CocoWink: :think: :lolstar:
Leagues: 3-5ish

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:19 pm 
Adminaut

natedogb wrote:
So I've played Awesomenauts for a fair bit before but recently I got two friends to play with me and I've been playing much more consistently with them and its been a blast! :drone:

I've been stalking the forums since January-ish but now I've decided to come out into the light and join the forums community! I'm excited to talk/argue with you guys and stuff! :LeonWink:

Welcome to the community. :ayla: /

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:31 pm 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
natedogb wrote:

Greetings friend, may your days here be plentiful and full of.....joy and stuff........you know....

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:04 pm 

Welcome natedogb!

Glad to see another new face, a secret forum stalker at that!
Feel free to discuss anything about anything with anything here... or something like that :weedling:

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:22 am 

Hello Guys!
My name is AleX :mrgreen: but in game you know me as DeD_V_Kedax.
So i play this game since 2014 and still playing :thumb:

Just today i joined to forum)

I leave in Estonia, so my English can be bad :GnawCry:

I hope to meet new friends! :ayla:

See ya in game :chew:

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:52 am 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
Ded_V_Kedax wrote:
Hello Guys!
My name is AleX :mrgreen: but in game you know me as DeD_V_Kedax.
So i play this game since 2014 and still playing :thumb:

Just today i joined to forum)

I leave in Estonia, so my English can be bad :GnawCry:

I hope to meet new friends! :ayla:

See ya in game :chew:

Well met!! I hope you'll enjoy yourself here in our exquisite establishment here on the World Wide Web.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:57 pm 

Oh yeah, should've mentioned, uninstalled nauts the other day, probably not coming back but maybe for HMS but honestly I can't control myself when i play it anymore so it's for the best

It was fun, cya for maybe HMS but I'll still lurk off-topic since I like the community here, just not the game itself anymore really (Can't deal with L5 team maters anymore :/)

Oh yeah, and this is for reals lol, no more computer issues making me miss the game lol, this is probably for the best, who knows, maybe I can improve my life or something now Image

My super edgy backstory (Do-nut Steal! :fist:)

God, I've really screwed up haven't I? No hard feelings y'all

Steam

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:07 am 

Just posting here to end things formally.

My interest in the game has waned, the past year I have spent more time reverse engineering the game than actually playing it, so after spending almost 500 dollars in the game, and with over 2000 hours played over 2 accounts, I leave regretting nothing. The game got me into reverse engineering where I learned a lot, got me into python which I now use professionally, got me into these forums that entertained me for hours on end with silly threads (even tho I don't participate much), I will never forget the frog threads, or that one where Konobi thought some dude how to beat Yuri using Skolldir (spoiler: you have to punch the monkey in the face), the vault threads were crazy too, specially the first ones, filled with speculation and excitement for new things.

And now for the complaining part, I don't often talk about stuff this way, I don't like to rant about stuff publicly as it promotes bad behavior, but I feel I should explain myself, even though I feel the same reasons have been posted here in this same thread over and over.

After three and a half years playing the game, it doesn't feel as fresh anymore, new nauts are either mechanically similar versions of old ones with a new personality attached, or are designed in a way that make them annoying to play against for the first patches until they're toned down and normalized to be just another version of the 8 or 9 types of nauts that already exist.

The XP system while I don't feel it's bad, it should've came along with an upgrade overhaul, there should be 3-4 upgrades per row, each with a unique modifier to the skill, and get rid of dmg and otherwise boring upgrades already.

The matchmaking is as always a piece of zork due to population, and the HMS won't fix that (I hope everyone doesn't have high expectations).

The "netcode" is horrible and needs an overhaul, together with custom community servers.

The devs attitude towards modding feels like we're just a bother to them.

The balance is horrible as always, characters are not super overpowered, not for long anyway, but each round of balance seems to normalize each character, making them bland compared to each other.

And to finalize with the worst problem: the overall attitude towards the community makes it feel like they hear us, but fail to listen. I don't want them to implement everything that the community wants, we can be pretty whiny and complain about the most retarded stuff, but it's been 3 years, and while in these 3 years things haven't got worse, they haven't gone better either, sure the game has got more stuff, but it hasn't gotten better. The only real change that seem to be in the right direction was the new shop, there might've been others but I can't honestly recall.

Anyway that's all, sorry for the wall of text and rant, if you guys need a dump of game files or something I've open sourced my tool, lookup my username on github.

Cheers all.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:19 am 

Location: Massachusetts, where weather is as unpredictable as a laggy Clunk
Darn, that's a huge lost for the modding and the community as a whole.

I know you have a bright future ahead so good luck with everything! :ayla:

Dice emoticon when?
Random Dice leaderboard icon pleaaaaaase
Steam!

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 ... 161  Next