Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Bowserslave's AMA (Re-opened)
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:13 pm 

All right so my secret plan was to wait like 3 months when these first started to appear to suddenly bring them back and gather traffic to the thread but then that plan got shot out the window so here I am!

Here's a couple things to know about me since I never made any proper introduction

-I've been playing Awesomenauts since Dec 2012/Jan 2013 when :clap: and :derp: were released.
-I've been into the competitive side of the game since around May/June 2013 and like to think I'm at least pretty darn good in the Top 30 players on the competitive side if there was ever an official list [not the best like Niki or Canole but definitely above average and can play with the best of them]
-I'm a Video Production Major in College who at this moment of time have produced 2 professional quality short films that are posted on my Youtube and plan to go much farther and make this my career path.
-Editing is my forte and favorite part of Video Production

I'm looking forward to answering your questions!
My only rule
I will not answer questions regarding religion and politics because these conversations unless you speak to someone with your exact beliefs rarely go well.
Besides that anything else is fair game.

Alpha Z wrote:
-And finally, I'm lazy. Mind linking these two short films of yours here? :P

The Caretaker
The Social Fight Pit

Last edited by Bowserslave on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Bowserslave's AMA
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:49 pm 
Adminaut

Consider this a warm up, since there are some people who go absolutely nuts when asking questions. ;)

-Any other Mario characters that you're particularly fond of, minor or major? Or is it just Bowser?

-Judging from the fact that you main Clunk and Bowser in their respective games (Nauts and Smash Bros, obviously) is it safe to assume you're a fan of tanky characters in general? If the answer is yes, then what first drew you to tanks and what has kept you playing them?

-You've probably been asked this a million times, but do you actually wish to be Bowser's slave? What benefits would you hope to get out of this?

-If Expendable Clunk were to be stripped from the game, what Clunk skin would you use instead?

-If you could remove an existing skin from one Naut and give it to another Naut, what would you pick?

-I suppose I may as well ask the obvious question, what first drew you to Video Production? What made you choose this as your career path?

-What's the general reception been on your two short films?

-And finally, I'm lazy. Mind linking these two short films of yours here? :P

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:07 pm 

Alpha Z wrote:
Consider this a warm up, since there are some people who go absolutely nuts when asking questions. ;)

Huehuehueheuehue :ksenia:

What other games you love besides Awesomenauts?

Least favourite 'Naut?

'Naut that just should burn in hell and never return?

The most crutch upgrade in the game?

Is this game about dealing damage?

Does snowballing even exist?

How do you deal with lag?

How often you carry and how often you get carried?

Which 'Naut has the highest/lowest skill ceiling, in your opinion?

Most underrated upgrade in the game?

What is the worst and best thing Ronimo has done to this game?

Favourite Lunk' metrics gif?

Are you a calm person or do you have a short fuse?

What is the thing you hate about yourself the most?

What is the thing that made you salty the most?

Favourite culture?

Most beautiful and most ugly language?

Which language you would love to learn, but never did?

Would you prefer Russian to be the most dominant language? What about Chinese?

Favourite subculture (like Punks, Emos, etc.)?

Shiny, giant as sword or magic and very light knife?

Are you an anime? inb4 Armorend

Favourite and least favourite movie genre?

How much do you read?

Book that everybody should read before they die?

Is there anything book/film/anything else that made you feel sick?

Most deep movie you have ever seen?

Favourite actor? Favourite actress?

Favourite music genre?

Your opinion on nightcore?

What do you think about RNG in games?

Favourite MMO?

Worst gaming company?

Favourite sport?

Sport you always wanted to try but never got a chance?

Most overrated sport?

Was this too many questions?

HarryButchers wrote:
ColossalDonut5 wrote:
HarryButchers wrote:
Steam Achievement Manager.

Are we saying no to it?

We should!

Emo Chapington wrote:
You are all that is wrong with this world.

yolvenzind wrote:
You have always been truly handsome

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:36 pm 

When are you going to see Catgame irl?
I'd love to see some pics of you two enjoying each other's company and the distance makes the idea even better.

Carl wrote:
This game made me xenophobic. I was buying wine once, I almost bought one then realized it was from Argentina. I grabbed an American wine instead

StarDasher wrote:
This game has made me racist.
I block every single japanese people i encounter.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:51 pm 

Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, Earth, Milky Way, Voltar's Robe.
Why is Alpha Z such a nerd? :glasses:

Would you consider yourself a nerd?

Do you like Nerds (as in the candy)?

Are you a meme machine?

How long have you been a slave of Bowser?

What's one change you'd make to Undertale to improve it?

What is your favorite song from a game?

Say no to SAM wrote:
Are you an anime? inb4 Armorend

I see what you did there. Fine.

ARE YOU AN ANIME GIRL UGUUU~?

If you had to describe yourself using a candy, what candy would you best be described as?

What other genre of game do you think Awesomenauts would be most entertaining to watch (even if the game doesn't work in that genre), if someone ported it to that genre? Racing, sports, shooter, what? S'up to you.

EldridgeSandokan wrote:
Going in dry

"This game is about doing damage."

"Snowballing doesn't even exist."

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:03 am 

Location: Massachusetts, where weather is as unpredictable as a laggy Clunk
Why are you so cool? :leoneyes:

Favorite drink?

What's your favorite camera shot?

Favorite production stage? Pre, production or Post?

What do you enjoy the most, filming, scripting/blocking the script, editing, or directing?

Dice emoticon when?
Random Dice leaderboard icon pleaaaaaase
Steam!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:12 am 

zeg685 wrote:
When are you going to see Catgame irl?
I'd love to see some pics of you two enjoying each other's company and the distance makes the idea even better.

Just to add onto this, besides the obvious ( :LeonWink: ) what's the first thing you'd want to do with her? What drew you to her (or vice versa) in the first place?

Favourite/Least Favourite stereotype when it comes to relationships?

What matters to you most about a person?

What's your philosophy on life?

What advice would you give to anyone in general who's trying to lead a good life?

What's the most awkward thing you could experience?

What's the best and worst thing you've done to a person?

Creepiest thing you've ever done/seen?

IIRC you like Pokemons, who's better at battling, you or Catti?

Would you battle me? :leoneyes:

Favourite Pokemon?

Least favourite Pokemon?

What Pokemon do you think is the strongest?

Most annoying Pokemon to fight?

Pokemon thread when?

Is the Dunk-Fist too stronk?

My super edgy backstory (Do-nut Steal! :fist:)

God, I've really screwed up haven't I? No hard feelings y'all

Steam

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:32 am 
Adminaut

Well uh...can't say I didn't warn ya. Have fun! :lolstar:

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:45 am 

Sorry these took so long I was out for the majority of the day.

Alpha Z
1. Any other Mario characters that you're particularly fond of, minor or major? Or is it just Bowser?

I don't outright dislike any of the other Mario characters in the series.
I like Mario.
Peach is sick in the non canon works like the comic and Smash Bros.
I wish Daisy, Wario, and Waluigi were in more of the canon games instead of just party games.
Donkey Kong is probably a close 2nd honestly.
E.Gadd's pretty funny whenever he appears.
I appreciate Rosalina has more exposure instead of just being in Galaxy 1 and 2 [s/o to her now being 1st or 2nd best now because she didn't get nerfed in Smash 4's 1.1.5 patch]
And I do like a good number of the partners you get in Paper Mario's 1 and 2 and the worldbuilding in TTYD.

Beyond that anyone else not mentioned I like. Those were just the first few to pop in my head.

2. Judging from the fact that you main Clunk and Bowser in their respective games (Nauts and Smash Bros, obviously) is it safe to assume you're a fan of tanky characters in general? If the answer is yes, then what first drew you to tanks and what has kept you playing them?
That is a safe assumption yes ;)
I always enjoyed the idea of being the big guy in a group whose not only able to fight well, but can also have the HP to spare so he can fight a big group or endure more punishment. It reflects a little of my personality and appearance irl since I'm quite the hefty guy. I like the big intimidating characters that can't be taken down easily and usually have an intimidating look to them that spells "You're gonna get your * rocked". I'll always be drawn towards the tanks even if usually they aren't the best possible class in multiplayer games, and the fact my girlfriend likes to be a support/healer we make an absolutely perfect duo :kiss:

3. You've probably been asked this a million times, but do you actually wish to be Bowser's slave? What benefits would you hope to get out of this?
Back around 2002 I struggled to think of a good online username but I wanted it to relate to Bowser. Why him? That's a question l'm waiting to answer another day.
I wanted something that showed l liked Bowser a lot but I didn't wanna go with "BowserLover" or "BowserTrooper".
Eventually l somehow thought "Bowserslave" and it had a nice ring to it. There's more to it than that but again story for another day.
Back to the question though I'd want to be not much a slave but I'd like to be some specialize high ranking troop. I'd love seeing other adult koopas in the universe besides Bowser.
The higher up I'd be the more benefits or at least less random yelling for no reason I'd get!

4. -If Expendable Clunk were to be stripped from the game, what Clunk skin would you use instead?
That's actually a tough call.
I'd alternate between base skin [for missiles] and Creeper Clunk.

5. If you could remove an existing skin from one Naut and give it to another Naut, what would you pick?
I'd be naughty and say Cheerleader Penny moved to Raelynn.
Everyone else's skin fits the character pretty well but Cheerleader's a broad concept that could be moved around.
Another option would be moving the Sun Wu Kong skin reference to a naut I'd actually like to play.

6. I suppose I may as well ask the obvious question, what first drew you to Video Production? What made you choose this as your career path?
I always liked watching TV and Movies when I was young and especially Youtube videos. However I was the kid who always asked questions not many other kids would ask.
-How did they pull off that effect?
-How did they film there?
-How did they get that trick to work?
-Hows Greenscreen work?

Needless to say the editing part is what caught my attention.
To glorify editing, you essentially play the role of God dictating how the video will turn out. You make or break the final product and decide how everything pieces together and play out. Even something as little as how 2 clips follow another gives an entirely different depth compared to the clips being separate.
As an editor you could do so much.
The biggest inspiration was watching an AVGN behind the scenes video way back. I'll never forget how it went. He mentioned having problems with an editor and then went "And then I got a Mac and that takes care of that".
For that split moment on screen he had FCP7, the same editor my High School had.
This completely opened my mind.
At that point I thought to myself "Anything he could do, I could do with enough determination to learn the program because it's possible.
From there I wanted this to be a part of my life and go big with it, even if I have the struggle of foriegn parents who go, "Don't waste your time with this garbage be a doctor be a lawyer".

7. What's the general reception been on your two short films?
They haven't been published on a broad scale yet [Like Statewide and such] but I can tell you the reaction to the groups I've shown it to.

1. The Caretaker
I actually took both the Intermediate and Advanced [Narrative Prod] class at the same time, which many even the professors said was "Suicidal". I didn't even take a screenwriting class and holy moly not only is it different but every writing assignment I get from now on is child's play after all the screenwriting I did. So no one expected anything halfway decent from me.
Nevertheless I turned out a pretty good product and it was taken pretty well. My Professor to this day said my mother was supposedly the best actress she's ever seen in a student short film in my college [which I don't know how to feel about that considering people hire legit actor's for these projects]. It's more hilarious because my mom wanted no part of the film or have it filmed in my house and was very close to letting me just fail the class.

2. The Social Fight Pit
I'm more proud of this film really. It's more in my comfort zone of humor, a good message, and much higher production value [even though the room had a really horrible buzzing we fixed in post].

And speaking of

8. And finally, I'm lazy. Mind linking these two short films of yours here? :P
Here ya go!

The Caretaker
Total Production Time - Mid Jan 2015 - May 2015

The Social Fight Pit
Total Production Time - Mid Oct 2015 - Dec 2015

If you had to choose only one to watch, I recommend the Social Fight Pit more. Especially because I feel a good bunch of you can definitely relate to the circumstances.

Say no to SAM

1. What other games you love besides Awesomenauts?
Mega Man [Classic, X, Battle Network], No More Heroes 1 and 2, Super Smash Bros [Melee and Smash 4 particularly, but I'll play any of em for fun] and a good majority of most Nintendo IPs off the top of my head like the DKC games and Star Fox.

2. Least favourite 'Naut?
I got a strong biased hatred to Nibbs. Like I usually love dragons in most fiction but despite that I really dislike Nibbs. I hate how she's got by far the most obnoxious and brainless "1 Click Escape Option" in the entire game. Positioning, Map Awareness, Spacing, all merits that a good player needs with a naut can be completely thrown out the window with Nibbs. And if that wasn't enough, she has to have a gosh darn PULL when shes suppose to have a RISK keeping still, a slow CC on top of that, some extra chip damage, and a near 40% shield when its activated. Shes imo the safest character in the game even past Froggy G when played real lame. A good amount of this though comes with some bias though. I absolutely enjoy destroying Nibbs when I play Ksenia. lt's cathartic. :ksenia:

3. Naut that just should burn in hell and never return?
If not Nibbs then I wouldn't lose any sleep if Gnaw burned and was removed if thats what you're asking. Maybe Voltar so we could get a good dedicated healing support naut and not a Voltar that's either trash or a complete pubstomper at the same time.

4. The most crutch upgrade in the game?
I don't like to call em "crutches" since some stuff like Clunk snarebite I view is a necessary evil. Without that upgrade his power drops significantly, but with the upgrade he doesn't become S tier. At the same time adding an upgrade that polarizing at base would on one hand help bite row have perfect diversity, but would make the skill super powerful having essentially 4 upgrades at once.
Though as mentioned earlier I despise Pull on Nibbs.

5. Is this game about dealing damage?
I mean those Turrets and Cores ain't gon deal damage to themselves. It's either apply it all to the enemy nauts, get a wipe, then push, or have enough pushing power where just 1 kill leads to a tower being * so yes.

6. Does snowballing even exist?
They didn't put real slopes in Awesomenauts yet so snowballing is impossible but maybe soon (TM)
[I know its a joke question but just in case it isn't yea it does. Some people get spanked too hard sometimes and there aint no fighting back].

7. How do you deal with lag?
My old friend Titanic once told me, "Lag favors the aggressor".
You don't often during lag go "Darn my attack missed that was really unfortunate" but instead go "Holy * how did that hit me wtf enhfnewhfwhefbhbwbfwfhbfhbwhfwfwbf"
That doesn't mean go gung ho, but you wanna be the one to start the fight if possible. Sometimes you might not be able to.
The most important thing you need to do is accept the lag was a factor and don't dwell on the loss and move on. If you achknowledge it midgame, Do it only once!!!. If you do it more than once, you're gonna be playing on tilt and keep dying.
It's not worth getting overly mad over something you have no control over. Upset sure but don't dwell on it past the moment.

Tl;dr Start the fights when you can, keep your cool, and accept the circumstances and that you can't change lag.

8. How often you carry and how often you get carried?
Can't honestly say I recall the last moment I felt like I was doing extremely poorly to the point where I felt carried by my team. I just do my part, though it is great fun to carry in solo que with Clunk when I can. I'd say I'm often carrying rather than being carried in pubs, but with my team I say I do my fair share.

9. Which 'Naut has the highest/lowest skill ceiling, in your opinion?
Gnaw's got a pretty low one Imo. There's no "Gnaw Tech" or special techniques that add further depth to his gameplay. What you see is what you get, and its real damn simple and easy to use. The knowledge of where to put weedings is better used for playing Yuri or Derpl.
Highest I'd have to say maybe Frog or Skolldir. The difference between an amazing Frog like Canole or Niki or Niki's Skolldir compared to everyone else is staggering. I can play Frog or Skoll for like 100 games and I won't be on their exact level during that time. You need actual skill to pull off what makes these nauts powerful. If you don't got it, you're deadweight plain and simple. A Frog that can't kill and a Skolldir that can't land throws are honest to god deadweight, and you might feel that way with them when you first start to use them.

10. Most underrated upgrade in the game?
Clunk's Multihose is criminally underused because of how much more often you'll want snare, HoT, and Health on bite. I used to coin my own technique I called "The Double Decker" which was Snare, Big Damage, and MultiHose. It was my secret weapon for Swiggins and I destroyed em. They would anchor me and initiate only for me to destroy the anchor and him and heal like 840 HP and counter initiate. Also real good for enemy comps that stick together like flies.
If you use this technique please be sure to reference it under my rights as I have it copyrighted.

11. What is the worst and best thing Ronimo has done to this game?
The best thing they've done is overtime a lot of stuff we used to call lame back then and stupidly powerful has been slowly removed. What we complain about now regarding character balance is not the same as what it was 2-3 years ago.
We don't have 1.5 sec stun on Frog Dash anymore
We don't have bumpsnare Derpl anymore
We don't have Big Silence Cloud/Bubble Vinnie and Yuri respectively anymore
We don't have 3 sec cocoon release Genji anymore
We don't have passive solar items that made players lazy af back then and still maintain a level lead.
Even if it doesn't look like it they're making improvements and getting better.

But on the other hand
The worst thing I think they've done is repeat previous mistakes they've done before.
-Buff a B tier character too much when they were solidly good to High A/S tier when all they could need were a few buffs
-Kneejerk nerf reactions to a character nerfing aspects that didn't need to be nerfed usually right after buffs
Like we just did this with Clunk and nerfed him after. Now we're gonna do it with Skree but take our sweet time to tone that power back? :|
And 1 notable 1
-An overreliance on metrics to balance.
Someone needs to tell them that Correlation does not equal Causation. BKM being the least picked upgrade on utility for example as Fabian has said does not mean BKM is a bad upgrade. It can be either because people don't adapt and pick it up when its needed, theres certain games where you don't really need BKM against an enemy comp, the game ends too fast before I can pick it up, most people stick to what their use to and don't adapt their builds, etc etc.
If it needs changes it's for other reasons, not because "the metrics say this". More factors need to be considered along WITH the metrics, not have the metrics be the end all be all.

12. Favourite Lunk' metrics gif?
Tough call but this one's pretty good

13. Are you a calm person or do you have a short fuse?
Pretty calm honestly.
Like when I play with people who don't enjoy nauts I'm usually the one thats quiet. Rarely did I ever get mad at Awesomenauts as a game. If I think it's not worth my time to get mad about it and doesn't affect me largely, then I don't get mad.
It takes either a nonstop bombardment or very personal specific weaknesses that get me upset, but if they don't fall in that category I keep my cool pretty well.

14. What is the thing you hate about yourself the most?
My weight, purely for health reasons. I don't care how I look on the outside, but I don't wanna be * in my 30s and 40s still having all this weight on me and die early because of it.

15. What is the thing that made you salty the most?
If I'm ever playing a game and something happens where I lose my save data and have to basically replay what I just did.
That's enough to sometimes make me ragequit and take a break from playing the game for awhile.

16. Favourite culture?
I'm really interested in how Canadian culture is like since all I hear about it is either stereotypes or "We're better than America". I do like Japanese culture though. Like actual Japan culture not no anime weaboo nonsense.

17. Most beautiful and most ugly language?
A good Spanish sounding voice was always soothing to the ears.
I feel bad saying this but in terms of what I don't like hearing I have to say Arabic.
Before you call me racist bear in mind this was my first language before English. Like I know it doesn't apply in every context and it might be what I'm exposed to, but Arabic has a tendency to make word sound bitter, angry, and hateful =/. Like a normal argument in English is turned to 11 when spoken in Arabic. Now I love its singing and sweeter voices but when it gets nasty, its REALLY nasty.

18. Which language you would love to learn, but never did?
I'd love to master Spanish, Japanese, and Arabic since I dropped Arabic in favor of learning and getting good at English. All those languages I learned at some point but never mastered.
In terms of completely untouched, maybe either Chinese so it'd be easier to understand Kanji in Japanese or I guess German.

19. Would you prefer Russian to be the most dominant language? What about Chinese?
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh l guess? I mean in a world where it's the dominant language people wouldn't notice and just think it's normal. Same applies to Chinese I suppose. I prefer how it is now personally.

20. Favourite subculture (like Punks, Emos, etc.)?
Counterculture [Basically 60s/70s hippies] interested me quite a bit when you learn what they essentially want to be the opposite of.
Sci Fis also pretty good, and I suppose Video Game culture would technically count.

21. Shiny, giant as sword or magic and very light knife?
The magic and very light knife sounds like I could get more out of it and be versatile af with it instead of carrying a big "Hey look at me I got a weapon" sword.

22. Are you an anime? inb4 Armorend
Not really tbh I view life in a more cinematic way.

23. Favourite and least favourite movie genre?
Always a fan of Noir and Sci Fi.
Westerns though were pretty early in movie life and usually don't surprise me as most of them are the same thing more or less. I'm probably not gonna be hyped if you tell me "We're gonna watch a Western film" to me.

24. How much do you read?
A good bit honestly, which in the age of the Internet is considered "A hell of a lot".

25. Book that everybody should read before they die?
Most recently I read Johnny Get Your Gun and it's a pretty damn powerful anti war novel that doesn't soften any blows.

26. Is there anything book/film/anything else that made you feel sick?
Book wise again Johnny Get Your Gun was a pretty hard read when you see the state the main character is in. Like that was actually a personal nightmare of mine and to read that happen to someone was pretty damn haunting.
I heard there's a film version and oh lordy I'm not watching that anytime soon.
Film wise nothing comes to mind right away but I always feel sick in a story where corruption ends up winning, even though its like 90% of Noir stories to end that way.

27. Most deep movie you have ever seen?
I know its not the question but regarding a TV Series I highly recommend you all give The Wire a watch. It starts off slow but holy * is it such an entertaining and analytical/informative good sociological watch on both "The Drug Game", politics, and how every-things connected in a rundown city like Baltimore, Maryland.

Now regarding a film Donnie Brasco was a good one off the top of my head.

28. Favourite actor? Favourite actress?
A few notable actors for me are Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Johnny Depp, and John Domon to name a few.
Regarding actresses I like Anne Hatheway off the top of my head though usually I'm really bad at remembering actor/actresses' names.

29. Favourite music genre?
Fan of Rock/Metal, though I also like jazz and mostly mood/atmospheric music that fits the setting/area.

30. Your opinion on nightcore?
I swear I thought I heard of them before but I looked them up and I definitely haven't.
Giving a few songs a listen it sounds like something I could get behind. Pretty ok.

31. What do you think about RNG in games?
Largely depends on the game.
If I'm playing Mario Party yea chance time making me lose all my stars is annoying, but its the point of the game so I can't stay salty outside the game.
If I'm playing Pokemon a crit sucks or Scald burns, but without those little RNG moments competitive Pokemon would just be a boring game of numbers and statistics.
In situations where it should be all skill based and competitive and RNG can completely change the tide of the battle [Like Items in Smash] keep that away or at a minimum please.

32. Favourite MMO?
Gonna have to go with Runescape cause it was the only one I played back in early 2000s and everyone low key played Runescape when they were young. I don't play any atm.

33. Worst gaming company?
I haven't heard anything good about EA in god knows how long.

34. Favourite sport?
Swimming.

35. Sport you always wanted to try but never got a chance?
Football.

36. Most overrated sport?
I DESPISE the term overrated because it doesn't mean jack * in the grand scheme of its quality.
But for the purpose of the question if I had to pick one I guess Soccer Worldwide and Basketball in America.

37. Was this too many questions?
Borderline but they were mostly simple so keep em coming! Don't waste all your ammo on one shot now

Zeg685

1. When are you going to see Catgame irl?

Hopefully sooner rather than later. We may try to meet in the summer but no promises.
We both definitely have plans to be able to be with each other longterm so that day will come, and when it comes I'll be too busy having her in my arms in the bedroom to take pictures right away :kiss: [But they will be taken. Whether or not I'd post them is up to her]

Armorend

1. Why is Alpha Z such a nerd? :glasses:
l unno 0:12

2. Would you consider yourself a nerd?
Pretty much

3. Do you like Nerds (as in the candy)?
Having a pack of nerds back in 5th grade was like being a drug dealer who sold crack and Pokemon cards. In other words yes.

4. Are you a meme machine?
I keep it on the down low. I'm more a meme connoisseur only appreciating either finely aged memes or decent ones. Never irl though anything you try to build up gets shot down quick.

5. How long have you been a slave of Bowser?
12 years a slave

6. What's one change you'd make to Undertale to improve it?
Make the gameplay more challenging. Like [spoilers]
The Neutral and Pacifist final boss fights have no challenge to them and no fear of dying. As long as you can dodge at least SOME of his attacks and make it to the soul parts, you can't die and get a large HP restore, and you can't even die in the Pacifist final fight.
I appreciate Undertale for being a blend of a narrative story telling and game, but often times I feel the narrative takes over the gameplay. Genocide's the only challenge but because of "You're not suppose to be rewarded for doing this run" he's not gonna give you more than what you get, and its not like Undyne the Undying and Sans were meant first to be "A Challenge for Veteran players".

Beyond that I do also dislike the permanent punishment of doing a Genocide run. Kills some feeling of replaying the game and essentially shaming the player. Yea I get that's the point but I don't think it needs to go that far to prove a point when San's dying words before the final strike and the ending with Asgore and Flowey already are effective.

7. What is your favorite song from a game?
I can't just pick one man like hot damn.
I'm just gonna dump a couple from my Favorites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2-6GFk5XCrT-xwXg
[Restricting myself to 1 Undertale song because the soundtrack is more Fire than Undyne's house]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6oSEzFg&index=16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2gjL_j5XCrT-xwXg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcZgujbU1Bs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQxoJtNg&index=31
[A lot of Hyrule Warrior's soundtrack is amazing]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BZPiZE5XCrT-xwXg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6-9QFg&index=42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tMqUYX5XCrT-xwXg

^if these are still broken I'll fix them tomorrow morning too late atm

Basically it's way too hard for me to just pick 1 favorite song from a game :jimmy:

8. ARE YOU AN ANIME GIRL UGUUU~?
Hell nah

9. If you had to describe yourself using a candy, what candy would you best be described as?
Nerds

10. What other genre of game do you think Awesomenauts would be most entertaining to watch (even if the game doesn't work in that genre), if someone ported it to that genre? Racing, sports, shooter, what? S'up to you.
Anything like either a Party game, racer, or fighting game [traditional or Smash Bros like] would be amazing to see the cast of nauts in.

Bacon Bomb

1. Why are you so cool? :leoneyes:
I'm flattered af and deeply appreciative you think that way about me. :scoop:
I just do me man. No other answer to it.
After High School you just learn being comfortable in your skin. I'm not the most social guy I stick in small groups but I'm comfortable in those groups and we usually share a common interest.
Not caring about the little insignificant things helps a lot.

2. Favorite drink?
I usually prefer Water.
Soda wise it's always Sprite/Mt. Dew.

3. What's your favorite camera shot?
I don't really have a set favorite camera shot. I like whatever is most fitting for the scene. I don't want an ECU [Extreme Close Up for non Video Production people] on a moment that isn't appropriate, but when it works it can be powerful.
It's all about envisioning it in your head before shooting it.

4. Favorite production stage? Pre, production or Post?
Definitely post.
Pre-Production my stress is through the roof and it can be all cancelled from bad weather, someone going "Nope can't make it' or forgetting a vital piece of equipment like the extra battery or memory card charger.
Productions a bit better but I'm only really calmed when I can press the record button.
By far Post-Production is my favorite.

5. What do you enjoy the most, filming, scripting/blocking the script, editing, or directing?
Ultimately I love and can perform every part of Video Production. My Narrative Class made us basically be one man machines to test which part we like. So we wrote the scripts, casted them, filmed them, acted [if necessary], and edited them. I get why because if I just edit the films, I'm doing jack and * for 3 out of the 4 months of the semester. Though handling all of that at once is almost inhumane.

To get back to the question to rank from favorite to least favorite of what you wrote though editing is by far my favorite part.
After that is scripting, then directing, and finally filming
I don't have the steadiest hands to film myself even though I prefer handheld in most cases for dynamic shots and angles :jimmy:
I'm perfectly ok doing any part though.

Unlucky_Charms

1. What's the first thing you'd want to do with her? What drew you to her (or vice versa) in the first place?

Besides cuddling with her and enjoying her company I'd love to play a game with her in person that we couldn't before online like Mario Party or anything else really.

The other parts a bit funny because I never was the kind of guy looking for a relationship or love. I was perfectly content on the singles boat not caring.
Hell when we first met we actually didn't like each other. I'll go into more detail when someone inevitably asks "How did we first meet" but it definitely didn't start off with, "Yes I love this girl".

I just wanted a real good friend, and overtime that's what we became for a good year or so. Later I decided she was worth more to me than a friend because she was someone who would always be there through thick and thin. She's someone who put their heart on their sleeve [and is thankfully horrible at lying] :jimmy: and was a great companion first before a girlfriend.

Modern culture mocks the "Friend Zone" but thats where the best relationships start :CocoWink:

2. Favourite/Least Favourite stereotype when it comes to relationships?
Uhhhhhhh right off the top of my head unsure :jimmy:
I guess one I don't like is anything involving gender specific roles.
Like "It's the guy that always has to pay for dinner" or "Someone HAS to approach to start a relationship and if they don't you stay put and wait".
If I'm short on cash she'd happily say, "Yea I got this one covered hun".
I can't think of any positive relationship stereotypes to be honest. Most of them are pretty negative. I GUESS couples kissing everywhere because I'd totally do that even if she would be really embarrassed of it :LeonWink:

3. What matters to you most about a person?
Depends if we mean in a relationship or in general. I'm going to assume in general based on the wording.
I guess what matters most is how the person acts in their lowest points or most truthful moments. No one likes someone blatantly two faced and theres a fine difference between "Being on the streets/in the sheets" compared to "Dr Jekyll and Mr Hide."
I can't define it as just one thing but as long as they're fun to be around through thick and thin that's pretty important to me.

4. What's your philosophy on life?
I try my best to follow the Golden Rule; "Treat others the way you want to be treated". Sometimes in following this you have to act like a hypocrite though, and thats fine depending on the context. In DnD terms I guess I'd also say, "I help those who help me, that's how we survive in this world".

5. What advice would you give to anyone in general who's trying to lead a good life?
I try my best to not get myself caught up in insignificant dilemmas that only add pointless stress I don't need in my life. I might only have a small group of friends but I wanna hope that I've been at least a small impact on their lives one way or another. If you change someone's life [positively] in such a way where their life is now completely different if you never showed up, that's the meaning of life to me.
Stick with whoever makes you happy and don't let them go over small stuff.

6. What's the most awkward thing you could experience?
Meeting up with someone who the last time I saw them we exchanged 'unpleasent remarks'.

7. What's the best and worst thing you've done to a person?
Well the best is stuff with Cat which I'm not allowed to say here :shady:
Worst?
Well back in 4th grade I was a horrible person/bully [10 years old]. [And now THAT is definitely a story for another day I'm already like an hour+ into answering these questions and its pretty late now]
I one time pummeled a kid who mocked where I was from and sent him bleeding and nearly his hand broken to the nurses office.
Worst part?
He was so scared of me he lied and said he got it falling outside on the pavement because I told him so.

I'm not that guy anymore, but whenever I see his face even though he's moved on, I can't help but feel a ton of guilt. It added on my problems of being unable to sleep those nights [I slept with my eyes wide open till I was 11 years old].

8. Creepiest thing you've ever done/seen?
I remember a kid in 8th grade who tried to sneak pictures on his old flip phone of girl's legs whenever they would wear a skirt.
He would try and act all stealthy while still trying to get a good angle to take a pic.
I wasn't super close with the guy but thankfully for him that was just a phase.

9. IIRC you like Pokemons, who's better at battling, you or Catti?
Definitely me. Sorry hun :jimmy:

10. Would you battle me?
Depends where. Ingame I def don't got an actual team. I'm not the best team maker I usually just do Random Battles but I wouldn't mind I suppose.

11. Favourite Pokemon?
I'll post 1 starter, 1 legendary, and 1 other pokemon for each Gen.
Gen 1: Charmeleon/Dragonite/Mewtwo
Gen 2: Feraligatr/Entei/Tyranitar
Gen 3: Sceptile/Groudon/Seviper
Gen 4: Any Final Evolution starter honestly/Palkia/Gliscor
Gen 5: Serperior/Zekrom/Darmanitan
Gen 6: Chesnaught/Yveltal/Tyrantrum

12. Least favourite Pokemon?
First one to come to mind is Lumineon.

13. What Pokemon do you think is the strongest?
I mean objectively it's Arceus. 720 Base stats and access to any type as well as being God, well there's technically no arguing with that.

14. Most annoying Pokemon to fight?
Anything like Kelfki or Blissey or a harasser with status conditions or hazards.

15. Pokemon thread when?
Don't know what you mean by this

16. Is the Dunk-Fist too stronk?
Maybe?

Last edited by Bowserslave on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:06 am 

Bowserslave wrote:
I'll go into more detail when someone inevitably asks "How did we first meet" but it definitely didn't start off with, "Yes I love this girl".

Guess I'll get it out of the way (that and I'm quite curious), how'd you two meet?
(More Q's later when I'm bothered to :P)

Also Showdown or in-game work for me :3

My super edgy backstory (Do-nut Steal! :fist:)

God, I've really screwed up haven't I? No hard feelings y'all

Steam