Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Been gone really long
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:31 am 

Hello all.

I've gotten really interested in Awesomenauts again after a year and a half (last time I played was basically when I made this account, while the experience system was still in beta). The small trouble I have is that I have no friends who are interested in playing with me, so for the longest time I have been scared of playing online with random others. Also up until this week I've had internet so awful more than half the time Steam itself had to start in offline mode.

BUT! Now I've got a better internet, and since I also found SlowWolf and have been taking a look at his videos, I don't think I'm so scared of playing with people anymore. Maybe I'll see some people out there and maybe, just maybe, I won't completely suck! :thumb:

All that said, would people around here recommend a newbie start out with PvP or PvE? (By which I mean joining an all-human match or a human vs. bot match?)

Post subject: Re: Been gone really long
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:13 am 

Welcome back! :ayla:

And really it depends on how confident you are with the characters, but I'd say if you're not sure a good test is always to begin fighting bots, whether that's alone in a custom match or in PvE. Once you've mastered destroying bots, you should be more than ready to play versus real people.

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:33 pm 

Well, on the one hand according to Steam I've already put nearly 60 hours of playtime almost exclusively into fighting bots in practice matches. On the other hand I still can't routinely win against bots. On the other hand, several bots nearly cheat with as good as they are (Raelynn especially comes to mind). On the other hand, most of my play time has been with previous versions and not with the most up-to-date patches.

I have had next to no experience fighting some 'nauts because of the bot list, but I also don't have anyone I'd consider a "main" yet. Plus playing 4.whatever-the-current-one-is is a lot different than the 3.5.2 offline mode and the 2.whatever version from when I first started playing.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:29 am 

Delusional Requiem wrote:
Well, on the one hand according to Steam I've already put nearly 60 hours of playtime almost exclusively into fighting bots in practice matches. On the other hand I still can't routinely win against bots. On the other hand, several bots nearly cheat with as good as they are (Raelynn especially comes to mind). On the other hand, most of my play time has been with previous versions and not with the most up-to-date patches.

I have had next to no experience fighting some 'nauts because of the bot list, but I also don't have anyone I'd consider a "main" yet. Plus playing 4.whatever-the-current-one-is is a lot different than the 3.5.2 offline mode and the 2.whatever version from when I first started playing.

I'll be honest here. Your placement this season doesn't actually matter so go into pubs and get your grip on the game and figure out who you like to play and what builds you want to use. The reason I say this is that a season reset has been months overdue (at this point like 4 months overdue :shrug: ) so fearing for a bad rank doesn't really mean anything. Enjoy the game and put yourself against other players and just learn via experience.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:33 pm 

It took me this long to figure out why you think I'd be worried about my league. I never had a league before. Before making that post, I had exactly 3 online matches, all three being with two friends against bots. What I had been worried about (and part of me still is) was not knowing proper etiquette, or being looked down on for not playing well enough, or both.

I mean, there's still room for both.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:27 pm 

I think you should be concerned regarding the amount of hands you have

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:51 pm 

eddster27 wrote:

We found general grievous. :lolstar:

Gameinsky wrote:
in army time 9 + 5 actually equals 14, but if you use AM/PM system 9 + 5 = 2

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:23 pm 

Renorec wrote:
eddster27 wrote:

We found general grievous. :lolstar:

Not Ted McPain!
wodny wrote:
Alijar stop drinking that rocket fuel :think:
Jakob wrote:
Alijar pls :aylaroll:
Xelrog wrote:
Alijar's sig is the cheapest realty around. It's the trailer park of the Awesomenauts forums

Serving up Smiles everywhere