Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Hi, supportive dad here!
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:42 pm 

Hi guys,
My son and I have been through a rough patch since the divorce. He doesn't want to talk to me or hang out with me. Only recently, when his mother told me that he likes to play this game. I really want to reconnect to him.
Can anyone tell me how to start with this game?
Many thanks!

Post subject: Re: Hi, supportive dad here!
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:30 pm 

Assuming you have no experience at all start with:

Completing the tutorial

Some bot games to get comfortable with how the game works and work out what characters you like.

When you feel like you are ready start playing some online games.

There are numerous guides out there tailored to different skill levels. The best overall one is definitely this one written by niki (the best player in the game) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=917913388

You can find other guides here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/204300/guides/

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask :thumb:

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:08 pm 

david_clay123 wrote:
Hi guys,
My son and I have been through a rough patch since the divorce. He doesn't want to talk to me or hang out with me. Only recently, when his mother told me that he likes to play this game. I really want to reconnect to him.
Many thanks!

Me too new here and want to play this game.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:43 pm 

Onlyzen wrote:
david_clay123 wrote:
Hi guys,
Many thanks!

Me too new here and want to play this game.

A: pick the character(s) that look cool and play as them. (they are gonna get changed eventually so don't worry about it, its just something that happens naturally)

B:once you have put enough focus on your favorite characters to say: hot diggety i'm getting good at these here characters. you want to check a recent guide for your characters to see what do you already know about them and what you can do to improve at them.

C: learn more characters, learn which characters work best in combination, which ones aren't capable to work well together, who's weak versus what nauts and so on, the point is that the sooner you understand the current versions of these characters, the easier of a while you will have playing and competing with and against other players.

D: if you've done none of these, I recommend you stay a while playing on the versus bots mode (you are never experienced enough not to go back to bots, trust me)
It can be very helpful as these are all instant, you can quit them whenever you want with no consequence and are a great way to try item combinations you are not sure about.

E: if you are wondering if a character is good or bad, the best way to get an answer is by browsing on the forums and looking for discussions about them, that is if you want to get dedicated to this game. if you don't care if a character is good bad, or if you have the right idea about them or not then that's up to you, but if you wanna have a voice in this place its important to be informed about what you are saying about the developers, the community and the game itself so if you are interested on this, read up, play some games and talk about it.

F: Common rules of communication and codes of conduct, are actually not mandatory in game. but its best to follow them (some people in this game don't have a lot of common sense, not many, just SOME) if you see someone typing balloony and vulgarities nonstop (aksdfhdjksadjfkjhbepisbepis) its fine to either report them, ignore them specifically or simply getting rid of the chat window alltogether, the community is filled with nice people though you might enjoy being/playing with)

G:Don't die, that's a really important part, just don't die and you'll have a much better time :thumb:

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

Jas123c wrote:
kathy wrote:
muncher.gif

this is a very serious question, please help :(