Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Post subject: Mafia 10 Announcement + New Rules
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:27 pm 

So normally I'd just post this with the other announcements, but since some time has passed since the last game's conclusion I want to make this a separate thread to make sure people see it.
This announcement is meant for the forum users who play and engage in the Mafia Forum Game.

Due to the situations arising from Game 9, there will be a few changes to some official rules. Before that I want to state that the user Kailler, as well as any alt accounts made by them are permanently banned from engaging in any activities regarding Forum Mafia. This includes

•Playing and participating in any game
•Being able to run for a Host of any game
•Being able to run for Co-Host of any game
•Being able to cast a vote in any voting thread
•Being able to post in any voting thread
•Be put into any mafia discords for a current running game
•Any additional grounds that may not be covered by the 6 points stated above should a loophole arise

To give a brief summary why for those not in the know; the account Jojodestructor19 was an alt account by Kai the whole time. Controlling 2 different accounts is severely cheating and breaking the game [If 1 account was Mafia and the other was a Town Vigi for example, they'd suddenly know every single target to hit]. This basis alone consisting through multiple games is grounds enough for the permanent ban from Forum Mafia, and that doesn't even involve the other actions affiliated with the user.

Moving on to 2 additional rulings

1. It will now require playing fully through 2 Mafia Games to be able to vote for a game in the voting thread as opposed to just 1 game. A new player signing up and then remaining inactive through most of the game will not count in case this is done to cheat the system (I will discuss with the host of that game to determine if the player was truly inactive as I understand lurking is a notable and common strategy).

2. Starting from now on (not counting newer players such as piet for example), New users will now need at least 50 forum posts to participate in playing a game (This number can and will be increased if needed). This rule is to ultimately prevent any kind of smurf, fake, or alternate account to be used in the game, which has been done in the past before Kailler.

If a new player does not have the post count but wishes to play, you must refer the person to me (Bowserslave) and let me know in advance to confirm it is not a smurf or duplicate account. Then we can allow them to play as they are a genuine player and not someone under an alt

With all that out of the way
Submissions for Game 10 will now be accepted.
Please PM me your submissions and the voting thread will be up on Wednesday April 19th just to give some hosts a little more time to get their entires set up if need be.

Thank you all for continuing to play and enjoy Forum Mafia.
I sincerely hope to see you all again in future games.

Post subject: Re: Mafia 10 Announcement + New Rules
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:14 am 

A footnote has been added to the second new rule regarding new player inclusion.

Post subject: Re: Mafia 10 Announcement + New Rules
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:29 pm 

A heads up

Since I've gotten no entries sent in by the time of the deadline, I will be extending it to by the end of Monday April 24th and put the voting thread on Tuesday.

That is all

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.