Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147  Next

Post subject: Re: Forum Mafia Mafia [Independent/Mafia Win]
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:44 am 

Designing role I thought that mafia was weak because of their early start.

How can a host predict this much human error?

you have a bad lawyer

But Catgame is my lawy-
Oh.
:blabl: This proves Catgame is evil! :fist:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:16 am 

Pyro you were lurking more than Bronoc or Undead.

As a host.

smh

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:25 pm 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
I really enjoyed the game (Even though I didnt do a lot) and I loved the theme of the game. But there are some problems I had with it:

-Pryo was literally invisible, I even forgot he was a co-host tbh.

-The nights were WAY too long. It's impossible for someone to not find 5 minutes just to send a PM in 2 days, let alone in 4 days. If someone doesn't send their PM after 2 days, they probably forgot about it or don't care, why wait for them? Because of this the game continued for longer then it should have, this game could've been like a week shorter.

-The fact that undead wasn't modkilled for inactivity just didn't make sense at all. Someone who's afk for multiple in-game days is just a liability to everyone else and slows down the game.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:22 pm 

Me after losing every previous game of Mafia except for one where I died early from my stupidity.

Me finding out I was a JOAT Independent.

MFW when town modkills themselves 5 times.

Fun fact, I did in fact have a janitor effect on my night kill, but I forgot it was there when I told the entire town I was a vigilante, and had to cover it up on the fly when I realized that. Oops.

My advice to future independents: For the love of god, just look like a townie. I had the luxury of being able to look like a valuable town asset without worrying about the Mafia killing me, but at the very least, don't stand out so much that the town starts asking you a million questions. Just be an average town, who neither lurks, nor over talks, nor has this insane quirk about them (see catti in game 6).

Looking forward to game 11!

And yes I am absolutely using Little Witch Academia reaction faces all next game.

God
i cant breath

Mains: :lolstar: :scoop: :drool:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:36 am 

In my goal to keep meming this thread.

My face when I found out I won after Devmon's worse than talent show stalling in Mafia chat.

my brain at 1:23am is a horse riding aa human as large as a t-rex with machine guns.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:23 am 

Location: Massachusetts, where weather is as unpredictable as a laggy Clunk
GuyBrush wrote:

Baconbomb
The WTF Lulu Award for "Seriously why the hell did you do that?!"
Why? Why hide the fact that you litterally can not die unless you're lynched or talk too much? :facepalm:
This is worse than that one time in Town of Salem that we lynched two survivors because neither of them claimed survivor until they ended up looking like Mafia... Jesus Christ...

So the reason why I didn't reveal earlier is because I wanted the Mafia to waste their abilities on me during the night, thinking I was a some sort of very important town role when I was just the transporter or whatever I was. Also I planned on being a free lynch from the town and not being active at all because of social life/school so I planned on using my invincibility every night while sacrificing only being able to make three posts a day, however I thought that there would be some hostile role such as the day killer that could stop me. Of course I was wrong but I was paranoid so I didn't reveal.

Also I know it was a while ago, but I did reveal. However at that point, Conorbebe and Sryder were very lynch hungry. (as they should be, early game town can afford some losses but the town put blind trust into them for very little reason which bit them in the ass as those two resulted in the lynches of other various townies but they still played okay) Conor even flat out accused me of being the godfather because of my night immunity in which shockingly, people seemed to believe him without even looking up the Mafia role wikia. I knew I was going to die anyways because of literally no one defending me and Conor and Sryder wanting me dead for whatever reason so I decided to sacrifice myself to give the town more time to lynch another townie but still

I agree with the sentiment, this was the town's game to lose. We were given very strong roles and powers along with very experienced people however there was a lot of inactivity, and stupid lynch bandwagons that led to role breaking because of it. Which is why I'm still advocating for the belief that if you're a townie, never be a bandwagoner. You could either be following the Mafia without knowing it, or a townie who has no idea what they're talking about.

Onto the game as a whole. I think for a first time host and someone who has only played in 1-2 games on the forums, you did an amazing job Devmon :ayla:

However I think, and I could be wrong here, this game was atleast, 90% of your work, Dev and your co-hosts were there for the namesake only. Renorec did some good work near the latter half in the end but when I asked him questions around the time of my death about death posts and rules, he seemed very confused. More communication with co-hosts might've been in order before the game started trust me on this one and sadly I do have to agree with Vmar, I also forgot Pyro was a co-host. I was pumped for this game having three co-hosts so it would be updated constantly but it never really came into play.

But I don't want to end on a negative note as you did a good job Dev but you took a theme that was always thrown around but deemed too "controversial" and made it into something more amazing and what I believed was one of the least dramaful Mafia games yet! So good job!

EDIT: I just now realized Sryder was converted Mafia. Was this before or after my death. Either way it reaffirms my point that the town should never have a "designated" leader, it leads to bandwagoning. Conor and many others put blind trust into Sryder for way too long.

Dice emoticon when?
Random Dice leaderboard icon pleaaaaaase
Steam!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:53 pm 

I was converted after you were lynched on night 5.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

my brain at 1:23am is a horse riding aa human as large as a t-rex with machine guns.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:52 pm 

Bacon Bomb wrote:
Also I know it was a while ago, but I did reveal. However at that point, Conorbebe and Sryder were very lynch hungry. (as they should be, early game town can afford some losses but the town put blind trust into them for very little reason which bit them in the ass as those two resulted in the lynches of other various townies but they still played okay) Conor even flat out accused me of being the godfather because of my night immunity in which shockingly, people seemed to believe him without even looking up the Mafia role wikia. I knew I was going to die anyways because of literally no one defending me and Conor and Sryder wanting me dead for whatever reason so I decided to sacrifice myself to give the town more time to lynch another townie but still

How many times do I have to repeat myself? I came after you Bacon because YOU accused ME of being Mafia, not the other way around. I asked you a simple question about what happened last night and in return you tried to start a lynch vote on me. Not sure how else you expected me to react? :facepalm:
Bacon Bomb wrote:
Conor and many others put blind trust into Sryder for way too long.

Funnily enough, I became suspicious of Sryder on Day 6, the day of which he put a vote on Crafted despite Aaron being the clear liar. Day 6 was the first day that Sryder was acting under the Mafia, so I've got to disagree with you there, bucko.

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:22 pm 

Apologies for getting this up date, but friendly reminder that it's valid to send in submissions for hosting Game 11.
I'll extend the downtime to basically start now instead of as soon as the game ended to allow for more appropriate prep time.

Thank you

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:06 pm 

Story wise I like to think that after mafia wins they control the forums with dangerous MEMES. Memes fill every board, moderators are needed to lock most threads, russian bots spam offtopic, and salt is in every balance post.

So nothing really changes.

you have a bad lawyer

But Catgame is my lawy-
Oh.
:blabl: This proves Catgame is evil! :fist:

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147  Next