Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers

Post subject: Axe spammed again
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:19 am 

Today, I fought agains same player 4 times.

First, Aztec vs Aztec. I lose. Long battle, good game.

Second, Aztec vs Aztec again. I win this time. We were arms racing necromancers - who dare gather more skeletons than the other one? :)

Third, the opponent changed one's faction, the Viking. Standard berserker+axes. He zapped the workers. After the fierce battle, I lose.

Fourth, the guy spammed the all-mighty axe throwers. Every unit i trained were zapped. I lose in 2min :oops: .

I really need help about this spamming. It is really frustrating when defeated by simple, silly tactics.

Post subject: Re: Axe spammed again
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:55 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Have you tried making his axe throwers group and then killing all of them at once using just one poison bomb? Also, Necromancer+Jaguar Warrior might work against this, because Jaguar Warriors are quite okay against Axe Throwers, and when they die they give you a skeleton.

Post subject: Re: Axe spammed again
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:48 pm 

Joost wrote:
Have you tried making his axe throwers group and then killing all of them at once using just one poison bomb? Also, Necromancer+Jaguar Warrior might work against this, because Jaguar Warriors are quite okay against Axe Throwers, and when they die they give you a skeleton.

Of course i did.

Poison bomb works well. But, I dunno why, even with such massacre with simple spell, i overwhelmed again. Poison bomb just slow down the wave of axes. Hmm, economic problem?

Jaguar warrior's problem is this - just one lightning, he's dead. Even though he should be a basic tanker. Necromancers also. Axe spamming require not much mana - So the Vikings stack up their mana and simply spam the lightning to kill necromancers. Necromancers are slow and expensive unit. Each loss is critical.

My point is - Countering Axes? Thats easy. Jaguar+Necro do well. But countering the Lightning spell? I dunno what to do.