Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers

Post subject: Viking Campaign Mission 8 Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:50 pm 

I'm stuck on Mission 8 because every time I get close to the 2nd Tower near the Aztec Base they bring out a bunch of Sun Giants and Necromancers. I've tried several different strategies and asked my older brother and sister, they all end up the same way....We get near the Aztec Base and BOOM...a bunch of guys appear and push me back to my base. Then I push them back to their base and it becomes a recurring theme...Please can someone help me with this problem? :(

Post subject: Re: Viking Campaign Mission 8 Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:10 pm 

Save up for a few boulders. :)

You should be able to push them to their last tower, or even their second to last tower.

Basically you just want to try and run over their workers, then you should be able to push in for the win.

Good luck!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:18 pm 

Get ALOT of axe throwers.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:00 am 

sTo0z wrote:

You should be able to push them to their last tower, or even their second to last tower.

Basically you just want to try and run over their workers, then you should be able to push in for the win.

Good luck!

Ummm.DUDE I"M NOT AN PLAYING ON THE AZTECS, IM PLAYING VIKINGS!! Vikings don't have boulders...

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:25 am 

I had this problem as well (for a little while) until I discovered the wonders of the snowstorm spell. I'm assuming you've already saved up enough to get all of the upgrades.

First defend, because if you don't get close to the tower, they won't send the massive hordes of Giants/Necromancers at you. I'm sure you've noticed that they only send one Giant every once in a while if you aren't close to their base. To defend, just send out enough units to keep the Giants at bay, but not as many as to overwhelm them. Do not use mana as you are defending.

Once you've saved up enough mana, say 300 or so, unleash your strongest attack on the Aztecs. As they send their horde, use the snowstorm spell to stop them in their tracks. Attempt to pick off the Necromancers with Lightning.

As you are doing this be sure to keep a constant stream of Viking units coming from your base. Use Rage to send them into the fray if you have to.

Hope you can use at least a little of this info. :D

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:59 am 

Axelord04 wrote:
sTo0z wrote:

Good luck!

Ummm.DUDE I"M NOT AN PLAYING ON THE AZTECS, IM PLAYING VIKINGS!! Vikings don't have boulders...

Ah yah, sorry about that, I totally spaced out. ;)

I was thinking of another obnoxious mission, sorry!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:47 am 

Mass axe throwers worked for me as well. They shred the skellies, if you miss the golems with the snow storm, the knockback from their attacks will give the axe throwers more range. Try picking off the necro's with lightning bolts as well. A few catapults will not hurt either.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:22 pm 

can't remember this specific mission too well, but every campaign throws up a few challenges.

combo of freezing the enemy and then charging your units in with rage quickly can work well.