Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers

Post subject: Error Code 51
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:46 pm 

I just got this game, and i keep getting this error all the time.
Does anyone know why this error shows up, or how to fix it?

-Cuttlefish

Post subject: Re: Error Code 51
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:00 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I thought we had an official FAQ for S&S, but I can't seem to find it anymore... :shock:

Anyway, most of the items on how to fix a crashing Awesomenauts also apply to S&S. Could you try the things mentioned in the Awesomenauts FAQ and see whether any of them fixes it? Here's the Awesomenauts FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2735

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:07 pm 

Joost wrote:
I thought we had an official FAQ for S&S, but I can't seem to find it anymore... :shock:

Anyway, most of the items on how to fix a crashing Awesomenauts also apply to S&S. Could you try the things mentioned in the Awesomenauts FAQ and see whether any of them fixes it? Here's the Awesomenauts FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2735

I still can't seem to boot up the game, the launcher boots up, but then the game crashes, tried verifying the game cache files a couple of times, didn't help, neither did changing the resolution or graphics. Also ignoring the start up program for DirectX didn't seem to help, as it sometimes does.

Edit: Here's a screencap of the S&S folder, hopefully it'll help out with fixing this problem.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:48 pm 

Help?...

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:20 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

This is Windows 7, right? There does not seem to be an Application.log file, which suggests the game crashes before it can do anything. One possibility is that it has trouble with administrator rights from the Program Files folder. Could you try installing Swords & Soldiers into a different spot on your harddisk, where it can freely edit its own files? What happens if you do that? Still no Application.log file? Installing specific games in different spots is a feature in Steam these days.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:51 pm 

Joost wrote:
This is Windows 7, right? There does not seem to be an Application.log file, which suggests the game crashes before it can do anything. One possibility is that it has trouble with administrator rights from the Program Files folder. Could you try installing Swords & Soldiers into a different spot on your harddisk, where it can freely edit its own files? What happens if you do that? Still no Application.log file? Installing specific games in different spots is a feature in Steam these days.

No luck, it won't allow me to select anything other than the program files folder, or my other drives, which don't have enough space for the game.

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:58 am 
Adminaut

Cuttlefish wrote:
Joost wrote:

No luck, it won't allow me to select anything other than the program files folder, or my other drives, which don't have enough space for the game.

For the sake of testing, get a USB and put it there.

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:31 pm 

FishmanDerp wrote:
Cuttlefish wrote:
Joost wrote:

For the sake of testing, get a USB and put it there.

Ah, good idea!