Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers

Post subject: Swords & Soldiers like Flashgame
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:26 pm 

Someone created a Swords & Soldiers flashgame, well its abit different but you can see some things of Swords & Soldiers like the viking woman miners.
http://armorgames.com/play/13528/the-war-cry
Thats the link :)
I hope someone of Ronimo looks at it :D

Post subject: Re: Swords & Soldiers like Flashgame
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:16 am 

I have played it for a bit (the first 3 missions or so), and my biggest problem it plays exactly like S&S.

You basically play as the humans(who closely resemble the viking faction), against goblins. I'm not sure if you ever get to play as the goblins.
It's a fun timewaster (and it is free), but again it plays exactly like S&S. The way your troops march to the other side, how skills are used and turret emplacements function exactly the same. Some of the skills are bugged, like the healing one which sometimes doesn't work at all while taking your mana. A bit of a problem since you very slowly regenerate mana, but quickly gain money so most of the time you are just training units and watch them fight.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:07 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

They are actually using assets (audio) from Swords & Soldiers, so we will take necessary action against the makers, to make sure they remove those assets. :|

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:31 pm 

Just thought I'd pop over to the S&S forums to see if there was any more DLC plans, then I saw this. It is ridiculous how things like this can happen, and how cheap other people can be. I understand they aren't making any money off of the game, but still, why take assets from another company?

Same situation is going on with the guys at Runic Games, a Chinese game company blatantly ripped off 70% off Torchlight's game assets. Stupid people.

Awesomenauts Guitar Covers

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:33 pm 

I think Ronimo Games would give them the right to use the assets for their game but they didn't even asked them :O

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:16 am 

Fabian wrote:
They are actually using assets (audio) from Swords & Soldiers, so we will take necessary action against the makers, to make sure they remove those assets. :|

Seriously? Didn't really notice that. What sound effect(s) did they 'borrow'?

I've beaten the game a while ago, and i'm surprised that it really isn't that bad. It features more troops and less spells then S&S, which can lead to some interesting situations. You can also upgrade towers, which is less awesome because when it is fully upgraded it is practically invincible and you will have to restart the game. (Unless you have the OP boulder spell, which clears out every enemy onscreen and deals unavoidable damage to their fortress.) Just reach the third-to-last level and you will know what i mean.
Too bad you can't play as the goblins.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:51 pm 

I think the door opening noise in it was the same as the cage deployment from Swords and soldiers :ugeek:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:41 am 
Adminaut

Fabian wrote:

How much of your audio is made in-house? Even AAA Companies download a crapton of royalty-free sounds, but I haven't noticed the usual cast of crappy sounds in either of your later titles.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:48 am 
Ronimo Team Member

All the audio was made specifically for Swords & Soldiers and Awesomenauts. Audio designers do generally work from sound libraries that they boughy, modifying the sounds to fit what they need, but these were very directly taken from S&S.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:07 pm 
Adminaut

Joost wrote:
All the audio was made specifically for Swords & Soldiers and Awesomenauts. Audio designers do generally work from sound libraries that they boughy, modifying the sounds to fit what they need, but these were very directly taken from S&S.

I want to play it just to hear which ones, now. :P

Just don't let the developer of the game put you into the old "Free Fan Thing Can't Be Sued" loophole. :|

EDIT: Cage noise on the door, wolf noise on nightfall and rooster call on sunrise, all taken. It's all I've found so far. :P